Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Kesler/Bieksa/Lou Twitter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

#151 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

are you retarded? really? Salaries are escalating at the high end because of a few stupid owners. So what happens? Teams have to spend to the cap just to field a 1/2 decent team, there is no give right? its a comparable system. If the guys at the top are making 7-8 million it trickles down. So to fill out an entire roster in order to be COMPETITVE you are effectively handcuffed into spending to the cap.

No, salaries are escalating because they are TIED TO REVENUES, which are also escalating.

2/5 of the top spending teams last year didn't make the playoffs, and 1 of them was an 8th seed. Ottawa made the playoffs and there were only 4 teams that spent less than they did. There were only 6 teams that spent less than Nashville. St. Louis finished 2nd in the West, and there were only 7 teams that spent less money then them.

Wow, so a guy moved a team from a crap market to a good one in a league that has much more popularity than the NHL. lol...good comp man...you certainly don't get anything about business valuation. Moreover, you just PROVED MY POINT. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GRIZZLIES, THEY MOVED!!!! DO YOU THINK THERE ARE ENDLESS CITIES LOOKING FOR NHL TEAMS! LMAO . Do you think endlessly moving teams is a good business strategy? lol...omfg.

Oh yeah, Memphis, Tennessee, there's a town that's swimming in money, if I've ever seen one. LOL!

Not only that, the sale is being made at a time when there's still a great deal of uncertainty in the macro-economy. If Heisley had instead sold in '06, who knows what he could've got for them.

And what's wrong with moving franchises, exactly? Atlanta to Winnipeg seems to have worked OK.

wow...just wow...go back to school kid. your arguments are a ball of spaghetti, all over the place, one minute you're arguing a point that has no relevance (bball team), next you are proving my points. lol

i just realized its hard to have an intelligent debate with someone without intelligence.

Reeks of a guy who's just been owned, can't debate, nothing left to say.

Thanks.

#152 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

No, salaries are escalating because they are TIED TO REVENUES, which are also escalating.

2/5 of the top spending teams last year didn't make the playoffs, and 1 of them was an 8th seed. Ottawa made the playoffs and there were only 4 teams that spent less than they did. There were only 6 teams that spent less than Nashville. St. Louis finished 2nd in the West, and there were only 7 teams that spent less money then them.

Oh yeah, Memphis, Tennessee, there's a town that's swimming in money, if I've ever seen one. LOL!

Not only that, the sale is being made at a time when there's still a great deal of uncertainty in the macro-economy. If Heisley had instead sold in '06, who knows what he could've got for them.

And what's wrong with moving franchises, exactly? Atlanta to Winnipeg seems to have worked OK.

Reeks of a guy who's just been owned, can't debate, nothing left to say.

Thanks.

owned? lol

buddy you haven't even made a point that makes sense you ramble on based on what you want vs. logic.

Salary increases are tied to revenues? lol...players sign contracts son, they are locked in for a period of years. After that period is up, based on how other players (comps) have been paid, they negotiate another contract in the range of their peers, that's how escalation occurs, some player gets overpaid, they all get overpaid. The cap was supposed to stop this, and maintain expenses in an affordable range, clearly there are loopholes.

Not sure how you don't understand something so basic and simple but you clearly have no clue what the heck you are talking about by many of these points. Are you actually this stupid, or just trying to wind me up, because I find it hard to believe a person can be as stupid as your comments are suggesting...

Secondly the cap moves up or down based on a formula related to revenues not lock step. When teams overpay players , expenses rise faster. ie that's how teams are losing money right? Lol Accounting 101 mr futures trader! LOL Revenues - Expenses = Profits. If Expenses are greater than Revenues profits are negative. You might want to go check your trading returns again if you can't understand that basic math.

I am not sure if you are need me to bring you a blackboard and spell it out for you, but you really just DON'T GET IT. Managers are skirting around the cap by signing players to extended contracts that lower their cap hit, but doesn't lower the AMOUNT OF MONEY being paid, Again you JUST DON'T GET IT.

What's wrong with moving franchises? really? you really asked that question? ok man, wow...holy crap...again JUST DON'T GET IT.

Great way to build fan loyalty with teams moving around North America, and AGAIN YES, as you are clearly assuming THERE ARE ENDLESS OWNERS AND CITIES WILLING TO PAY 150 MIL FOR A TEAM, 300 Mil to build a stadium, enough people in those cities to support the team, enough people who give a crap about hockey, on and on.

WOW, ALL YOU ARE SHOWING IS YOU JUST DONT GET IT, OR MUCH FOR THAT MATTER.

Memphis? Is memphis in the NHL? again you are making zero sense talking about things that have no bearing on any hockey related argument.

How's your marinara sauce coming, you seem to be continously making a ton of spaghetti..

:sadno:

I'm done debating with someone so thick and stupid. Your ability to create/craft a logical well thought out argument is so lacking its unbeleivable. Your head is a jumble of nonsense.

wow just wow,

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 22 September 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#153 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

If I need a lawyer,I'll call you,that's for sure
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#154 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

If I need a lawyer,I'll call you,that's for sure

LOL. Cuz a lawyer always ends an argument by calling people 'thick and stupid'

#155 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Allllright. Next person to break the rules here gets a three day suspension.

Please relax a little. You're arguing across a series of tubes. No need to blow a gasket over this.

#156 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

I aggre SN
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#157 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

the NHL players get payed for being the best at what they do. just like anyone else.
I might not make a lot of money but i do make more then most other people that do the same job as me because i am pretty good at it. i didn't go to school so i don't dream of the 200K a year job, But i can support my family on being at the Average income level in North America just fine. and i will still save up for some new canucks gear.

It is the Character of a man that makes him wealthy not the amount of money in his Bank account.

I have been offered Jobs that pay 3-4X's what i make and i turn them down for one reason . I enjoy being at home with my family every night. (but also if i was to take those jobs the only reason i would is for my family)
I might not make a bunch of money but i still donate what i can when i can.

Just because I take part in making someone rich does not make me feel any resentment towards the people i am helping make rich.
I do envy them at times thinking if i got the same opportunities as they did maybe i to could be doing what they are doing but my stars did not align like theres did but i am still gratefull for what i do have.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#158 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

the NHL players get payed for being the best at what they do. just like anyone else.
I might not make a lot of money but i do make more then most other people that do the same job as me because i am pretty good at it. i didn't go to school so i don't dream of the 200K a year job, But i can support my family on being at the Average income level in North America just fine. and i will still save up for some new canucks gear.

It is the Character of a man that makes him wealthy not the amount of money in his Bank account.

I have been offered Jobs that pay 3-4X's what i make and i turn them down for one reason . I enjoy being at home with my family every night. (but also if i was to take those jobs the only reason i would is for my family)
I might not make a bunch of money but i still donate what i can when i can.

Just because I take part in making someone rich does not make me feel any resentment towards the people i am helping make rich.
I do envy them at times thinking if i got the same opportunities as they did maybe i to could be doing what they are doing but my stars did not align like theres did but i am still gratefull for what i do have.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. It's not about resentment at all. And given my career, honestly, it wouldn't be. But as you say and I 100% agree its about character.

Its about understanding that you are fortunate to play a game for a living (as good at it as you may be), understanding that for some reason we canadians love this game so much that you can be rewarded much more financially than you are in most careers and even the same career in other countries, and that yes indeed people such as you who are making much less don't resent them.

But after you understand that, then you have to take a step back and say, yes I am fortunate, this world is in economic chaos, people are struggling to make ends meet, and yet even if I take a pay cut I am still a millioinare. Is it that bad?

No, its not. But these players seem to think that they deserve everything because they are the product. They are the product but they didn't didn't take any risk.

Moreoever, they have guaranteed contracts. If the team loses money because of their poor performance, they still make their money, the owner, who shelled out 150 mil+ doesn't. That risk profile is asymetrical. Owner takes the risk, players take none, benefits accrue to the players (guaranteed contracts plus majority of HRR), and the owner faces all the downside.

Where is the 'partnership' there? Where its the respect/appreciation = character, of those providing you with a terrific life? What did Gretz always say about the game. That he respected and cared for it because it has given him everything he has.

Players today do not respect the game, the fans, or the owners, because if they did they would understand that what they are asking for is absurd in any business.

You can't ask the supplier of capital to take all the risk, and then provide a guarantee for you and the majority of upside when you take none. Its a basic tenet of business.

They are greedy, don't give a crap about you or me or the game

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.