This takes the cake.

#62 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have a horde of orange items. I'll hold a CDC free item giveaway for those that have the
Spoiler
version update 2.

Edited by Rhinogator, 06 October 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have a horde of orange items. I'll hold a CDC free item giveaway for those that have the

Spoiler
version update 2.

How do you play online with that "particular" version of the game?

RIP LB RR PD

#64 amkia

amkia

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

im interested in finding out the same thing.
Posted Image
credit goes to egatti

#65 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Seriously, this game is ???? awesome. Surprisingly great storytelling in it. Enjoying it more than expected.

QDgOozb.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#66 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Seriously, this game is ???? awesome. Surprisingly great storytelling in it. Enjoying it more than expected.

I'm definitely liking the story more than the first.

#67 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, the story is great. I've been really impressed with the story and the characters, especially Jack. The guy is absolutely easy to hate, making him the perfect villain.

So, finally got around to finishing my second playthrough on True Vault Hunter mode, and picked up some of the rares that a lot of people want.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can kill Terramorphous in less than 10 seconds now :o

Edited by Jai604, 09 October 2012 - 08:30 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#68 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

I know it's a minor detail but I love how the things you equip, like class mods shields grenade mods and spare weapons, show up on your character. Like the commandos camera and the assassins elbow thingies (by the way, crappiest looking class mods ever). Then again it's all in the details.

#69 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Playing online is very easy. There's a p2p service called Tunngle that emulates LAN network which is free.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Oh, anyone else having problems getting through Fink's slaughterhouse? I get to like round 5 wave 3 and no more bad guys spawn.

I'm on Xbox 360.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 10 October 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#71 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Oh, anyone else having problems getting through Fink's slaughterhouse? I get to like round 5 wave 3 and no more bad guys spawn.

I'm on Xbox 360.

I had problems like that in the Circle Of Death/Duty (not Slaughter, for whatever reason) back in BL1. Looks like it just happens randomly sometimes: http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=387878

Anyone try Mechromancer yet? Dethtrap is pretty overpowerd IMO. I'm curious about the "Ordered Chaos" tree but I don't know if I have the guts to try it on a solo character.

#72 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

Mechromancer is totally OP. She kicks ass very easily. Not saying they should nerf her power or something, though.

QDgOozb.png

#73 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

For those of you who haven't found it already: http://www.borderlan...chromancer.html

She's a bit of a departure from the devs' previous approach to class-design. Her skill-trees cater more to skill-level than style of play. 'Best Friends Forever' is pretty vanilla and a little too cushy for my taste, as they designed it to be a good starting point for FPS beginners. 'Little Big Trouble' (bonus points if you DON'T get that reference) is distinctly elemental based and offers the opportunity to turn Gaige into a far more relentless and damage oriented 'mage' than we ever had in Lilith or Maya. 'Ordered Chaos' is a bit intimidating, in my opinion. The first tier effectively forces you to trade 4% of your magazine size for a 24% reload speed boost. Also in the first tier, you must inevitably invest in a called Anarchy, which gives you a hefty damage bonus and an equally significant accuracy debuff every time you get a kill or empty your magazine. All the skills are very specific and demanding. It seems clunky to me, but then I haven't tried it yet.

I'm hoping that they make a dedicated "team healer" class and some sort of class with an action skill that focuses on changing the battle environment on a large scale.

#74 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Since I updated my Nvidia Drivers yesterday, this annoying text appears overlayed in the top left corner of my screen at all times during the game. It just reads "PHYSX -> CPU"

I mean from what I can tell the PhysX engine was working fine before, and is still working fine now. So I can't discern why that shows up now. And it doesn't even show up on either a Steam screenshot, or one using Fraps, so I had to take these pictures with my phone to show what I mean.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was wondering if anyone else faced the same problems, or knows how to make it go away.

edit: I checked the other games I own that I know run PhysX, and the same stupid overlay shows up on Mirror's Edge as well.

And apparently on Arkham Asylum too. I guess this isn't a Borderlands 2 related question then. Lol.

Edited by g_bassi13, 11 October 2012 - 07:21 AM.

QDgOozb.png

#75 Lil B From The Pack

Lil B From The Pack

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

^ Go to your nVidia control panel, then go to the top menu bar and click "3d Settings" then there should be an option to uncheck it.

#76 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

You want PhysX on though, if your system can handle it. Borderlands 2 just looks a hell of a lot better with it on.

RIP LB RR PD

#77 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I definitely want PhysX on, I just wanted to get rid of that stupid indicator. And now it's gone, so thanks.

QDgOozb.png

#78 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ok, so I was tipping Moxie to get the achievement and I put a few more grand into the jar an she pulled a gun out of her boobies!! It's a decent corrosive smg, will she keep giving me guns if I keep tipping her?

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 11 October 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#79 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ok, so I was tipping Moxie to get the achievement and I put a few more grand into the jar an she pulled a gun out of her boobies!! It's a decent corrosive smg, will she keep giving me guns if I keep tipping her?

Yes, she will. She will eventually give you a fire SMG if you tip over $15k.

During your second playthrough, I would recommend waiting to do this until you're level 50, as the rewards are based on your level. Until you can get the legendary (orange) fire SMG, Moxxi's fire SMG is most likely better than any random drops you'll find. The corrosive SMG is great too.

RIP LB RR PD

#80 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wow! Thanks for the tip Jai604, I'll definitely keep that in mind for my second playthrough.

Girls pullin' guns from their cleavage and whatnot...

#81 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Who else is massively stoked for the storyline DLC(s) that should be coming out? That part at the end of the game...
Spoiler
...is really making me pumped.

#82 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Who else is massively stoked for the storyline DLC(s) that should be coming out? That part at the end of the game...

Spoiler
...is really making me pumped.

Totally, haha. Great setup for furthering the story.

By the way, those of you on PC, have any of you guys managed to find some of the following items at level 50?

1) Neogenator
2) Shredifier
3) Nukem

Farmed the bosses than supposedly drop them, but no luck yet. Actually, I did get a Nukem on my level 20 Gunzerker (damn it) on his first encounter with the Black Queen, lol. :rolleyes:

Anyone else at level 50 yet, and interested in doing a 4-man co-op to kill Vermivorous? (on the PC)

My commando is level 50, currently with close to about 50k shields and near 100k hp with my current shield (trying to get a better one). Can solo Terramorph in under 10 seconds and getting bored soloing bosses.

Edited by Jai604, 12 October 2012 - 02:27 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#83 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

I wish. My highest leveled character is a Zerker at 31 and playing solo is hell with that class. My Commando is at 24 right now.

Actually, I'm gonna hop on right now and see about respeccing into Brawn to see if that helps. Seems like nobody is enjoying this class and I'm hell bent on finding a way.

Edit: Upon further scientific examination, I have come to the sound conclusion that my Gunzerker's gear is garbage. It's around the level that I'm at that there seems to be drastic stat inflation. I'm using level 25 gear and it just isn't cutting it. I tried going out and searching for better equipment, but I just can't hold my own against enemies close to my level.

Edited by Masamune, 12 October 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#84 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I started a zerker, and in my opinion, I think most of your points should be going into Brawn, at least early on. You can respec later when you hit level 50, I guess, but I've found that Brawn is really great so far.

i went 5 points into "Hard to Kill", then 5 points into "I'm the Juggernaut", and then 1 point into "Ain't Got Time to Bleed" before moving on to the Rampage tree.

What weapons are you using on your 'Zerker? I assume shotguns? "Filled to the Brim" is a must-have to increase your shotgun' clip size so you're not reloading as often. I got that next, and then "Last Longer". From there I'd probably get some "Yippee Ki Yay" and then finish off "Ain't Got Time to Bleed".

I dunno, he just seems like a tank to me, so I spec him that way. Lots of regen, and I use a slag SMG for my secondary weapon when I'm zerking so I can do double damage with my shotguns.

I have 2 shotguns (slot 1, the highest damage shotgun I can find, and slot 3, a situational elemental shotgun depending on the enemies), a slag SMG in slot 2, and a launcher in slot 4 in case I go down and need a second wind. I found using the Firehawk shield was lulz-worthy (constantly Fire nova'ing all over the place when my shields get depleted).

I'm only around level 20-something (I forget) so I can't really tell you my experience further.

Edited by Jai604, 12 October 2012 - 05:53 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#85 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Totally, haha. Great setup for furthering the story.

By the way, those of you on PC, have any of you guys managed to find some of the following items at level 50?

1) Neogenator
2) Shredifier
3) Nukem

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have everything except norfleet, legendary mods and blackhole shield. Will prbly farm the later when i have time tonight.

Edited by Rhinogator, 12 October 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

double post.

Edited by Rhinogator, 12 October 2012 - 09:48 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#87 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm currently level 26 on the story mission "The Man Who Would Be Jack" or whatever its called and all my equipment seems... dated I guess. I haven't gone back anywhere but I guess the old bosses don't level with you, any suggestions on who to farm for good stuff at this point in the game?

#88 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm currently level 26 on the story mission "The Man Who Would Be Jack" or whatever its called and all my equipment seems... dated I guess. I haven't gone back anywhere but I guess the old bosses don't level with you, any suggestions on who to farm for good stuff at this point in the game?

doing some side missions to loot weapon chests and catch up on level seems to be the best way.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#89 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have everything except norfleet, legendary mods and blackhole shield. Will prbly farm the later when i have time tonight.

<_<

lol, nice versions of those, especially the Neo and the Shred.

How long did it take you farm those? Particularly the Neogenator and the Shredifier?

I know the Neo drops from Spycho (right?) but I've read conflicting reports as to where the Shredifier drops. Some say Bonehead 2.0 but others have deemed that to be a falsehood. Where did you find yours? I assume you wear a Vault Hunter's relic when you farm?

I keep finding stupid low-level rares on my Gunzerker that I don't even want, lol. First chubby I kill, a Whisky Tango Foxtrot drops. I do the Goliath quest in the Fridge, get the legendary shotgun. First Black Queen kill, she drops the Nukem (level 19, lawl). Also have the Pyrotaxis, the Firehawk shield.

Nothing ever drops for my level 50 Commando, lol. Finally got a Blood of Terramorphous, but I don't even need it.

Edited by Jai604, 12 October 2012 - 12:05 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#90 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Neogenator drops from spyco. Its an annoying ass long way to him. It took me about 30 runs to get it, which is roughly an hour, without the relic. Sherdifier is another story. I've farmed bonehead but he only drops bone shredder so don't waste your time on him. I personally found my shredifier from warrior, I've heard it drops from random badass encounters and can be found in chests too.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.