The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement Players - Support?

Brick Tamland

Would you support replacement Canucks  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you bought tickets to see Pink Floyd and Immigration/Customs wouldn't let them in the country, would you go see a cover band instead?

I sure as hell wouldn't bother. I'd go see a different, original band not pretending to be Pink Floyd.

There are other leagues - AHL, WHL, SEL, KHL, whatever.... they'll have to do for now.

If the NHL were to resort to replacement players, they'd make a mockery of themselves.

The players are replaced regardless of how we do it so of course I would watch replacement players. It would look weak at first but after a while it would be business as usual and soon the draft would simply replace them all just like the draft already does.

So , give the NHLPA until Jan to sign a reasonable CBA or fire them all and invite new players to start a new union and play in the NHL.

Problem solved.

I love some of the replies here.

I want the best or.............or .........WHAT ?

Watch nothing?

They think, If enough of us demand to see the best players right now the owners will have to CAVE IN .

Did you not notice the owners NOT caving in for a full year last time? They will not even wait this time. They will FIRE them all and hire new players.

If you dont like it, give up your season tickets to the people who have been waiting 20 years to get theirs. Im sure they will be more than happy to replace you in line.

Its only 5 years before the amateur draft replaces most of the stars we have now , even if NONE of the NHLPA players jump ship and come back to work under the new union.

The NHLPA has no leverage this time. The owners are going to FIRE them . Trust me, a whole pile of players from russia and the swedish leagues and others will be JUMPING up and down to replace the NHLPA players until the draft replaces them all.

Archived