The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Who do you guys think is the most valuable wrestler in mainstream wrestling (WWE/TNA)

And I mean as a talent, not who's the most popular.

Like if you were to start a wrestling company, and there was a draft or something, who would be the first guy you would pick to build your company around. (Again from a talent standpoint, forgetting current popularity/who's the biggest or most well known or whatever)

hmm. the popular choice would be you'd build your company around a guy like cm punk, but, honestly, i have no idea where he is right now. he seems like a guy who's just committing to the contract then will most likely call it quits once it's up, but honestly, how can not pick daniel bryan right now. the guy made himself in to a top star and got over with the crowd.

you wouldn't have 10,000+ doing the YES chant if he was some random indy guy, who only the indy crowd knew, which was that way at first. the guy's got skill, over the years, he's built charisma, has the experience, and is still pretty young and has many years to go, and can make just about any one he's with better

TNA, shark boy. i'm serious. that youtube vid of him quitting that pizza place was absolute gold

sting.... 16 years ago? one thing i love about taker is, now, he's so established, it doesn't matter if we see him once a year. once the gong hits, it's on. sting's music plays now and it's like... "meh. it's only sting"

Maybe it's because he comes out to a crowd of 4000, instead of 16000. :bigblush:

For me.

Bobby Roode.

Everything he does is just great. He's a throwback wrestler, his believability is top notch, his seriousness, his in ring work, the way he sells, the promo's. Just unreal.

Its hard to take him over top babyfaces like Bryan, Punk, or Styles. (even maybe Aries) but Roode just has "it". He's got everything you want in a classic top notch heel.

Obviously you wouldn't want to build your company around a heel, but just as a talent I think he's the most valuable.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Obvious choice has to be AJ Styles. He's getting bigger reactions than anyone else on TV without even being at the shows.

A tad over-exaggerated don't you think?

He's talented in the ring, no doubt. Probably the best athlete in the entire business, but he's not as over as you think he is, nor does he have that great of a mic skill.

Edited by shiznak

A tad over-exaggerated don't you think?

He's talented in the ring, no doubt. Probably the best athlete in the entire business, but he's not as over as you think he is, nor does he have that great of a mic skill.

Nah dude AJ's over as f*ck. Biggest pops in Mexico and Japan for the nights he was out there with guys on the card like Mesias, Muta, etc as well as being the most over guy anywhere TNA goes. Other than Joe probably the most popular North American wrestler not to be prominently associated with WCW or WWE. Although he can't talk, people want to cheer him regardless.

aj got nothing when he did the gig in AAA. konnan himself said they had to make sure the crowd knew he was the good guy coming in and openly acknowledged they and tna had a working agreement. even in japan. he didn't come out as an instant superstar. it wasn't until the match was at it's climax when he started to get over

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

aj got nothing when he did the gig in AAA. konnan himself said they had to make sure the crowd knew he was the good guy coming in and openly acknowledged they and tna had a working agreement. even in japan. he didn't come out as an instant superstar. it wasn't until the match was at it's climax when he started to get over

Not sure what match you were watching? Jack Evans himself was out there most of the night and acknowledged that AJ was the top cheered guy. You really need chill out with putting your trust in Konnan, he tends to whine and complain a lot and always put his guys over.

• Upvote 1