The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Karlsson had no influence on me winning the cup. He was hurt in the 2nd round and gone for the rest of the 2nd and all of the 3rd and 4th rounds.

If Karlsson wasn't in my lineup Burns would of been.

People talk like a 3.5 star prospect is useless. 85 overall 3.5 star prospects aren't useless and that's what they can become.

It's not like renting players with one year left where you keep their rights and can sign them cheaper.

There are a lot of good 3.5 star prospects making millions of dollars some over 5 million. So don't act like its nothing. Colorado doesn't think Cochraine is nothing.

Karlsson had no influence on me winning the cup. He was hurt in the 2nd round and gone for the rest of the 2nd and all of the 3rd and 4th rounds.

If Karlsson wasn't in my lineup Burns would of been.

People talk like a 3.5 star prospect is useless. 85 overall 3.5 star prospects aren't useless and that's what they can become.

It's not like renting players with one year left where you keep their rights and can sign them cheaper.

There are a lot of good 3.5 star prospects making millions of dollars some over 5 million. So don't act like its nothing. Colorado doesn't think Cochraine is nothing.

Well I traded Burns for two prospects in their 60s and lost his rights forever

Why then would trade 2 prospects one in his 70s and the other in his 50s with a first round pick for a three month rental where I lose his rights too ? That makes no sense at all.

If I was San Jose I would of done the same thing; sure I would if tried to get a bit more in the trade but we were at 10 minutes before the deadline. I did the same strategy when I missed the playoffs. I traded my superstars (Joe Thornton and Girardi) for prospects and that deal just won me a cup as those deals were a major part of me getting Hossa and Leetch.

I didn't veto it because mpt doesn't do anything wrong. Things may look bad on the outside, but him and I have lots of discussions in PMs about things.

If I saw that trade as a rental in the first part I would have vetoed it. He asked me about it before he made anything final.

I'm making this rule right now. No renting players. It's not realistic.

However you look at it, it's not as BS as people may think.

He rented Karlsson, yes. Karlsson helped his team to the playoffs and got injured in the playoffs.

But, if he wasn't getting Karlsson, he wouldn't have traded Brent Burns. Burns is what? 86 overall? He probably would have made the playoffs anyways. There's no telling if he would or would not have made it. Maybe his team would have played better defensively with Burns and he'd have been higher than 6th place.

Archived