The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

they already have much increased 3rd party support, and mature games are plentiful, just within the launch window.

Zombi U is one of the killer ap launch titles

List of "mature" games currently announced for the Wii U, most coming out at launch or within the launch window

Mass effect 3: Special Edition

Assassin's creed 3

007 Legends

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Bayonetta 2 (exclusive)

Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Darksiders II

Demon Tribe

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (bloodier, harder, more weapons and characters, what NG3 SHOULD have been)

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

ZombiU

I know mature games are all the rage but as an adult the game I want to play most is the "New Super Mario Bros U" Kids, adults doesnt matter. Nintendo always gets it right with this franchise. Gameplay>everything else.

I know mature games are all the rage but as an adult the game I want to play most is the "New Super Mario Bros U" Kids, adults doesnt matter. Nintendo always gets it right with this franchise. Gameplay>everything else.

agreed wholeheartedly, but the kid wanted "mature" games. It's funny, I only craved those games when I was a kid, when I actually grew up the gameplay became more important than anything else. the 2 games I'm getting at launch (in addition to the included Nintendoland, which also looks like a lot of fun) is New Super Mario Brothers U, and ZombiU. I guess I still like a little of both, but I expect to have the most fun with NSMBU, if I'm being perfectly honest. then again, I still love zombies, which is the real draw for zombiU (as is the gameplay which is completely unique and intriguing)

agreed wholeheartedly, but the kid wanted "mature" games. It's funny, I only craved those games when I was a kid, when I actually grew up the gameplay became more important than anything else. the 2 games I'm getting at launch (in addition to the included Nintendoland, which also looks like a lot of fun) is New Super Mario Brothers U, and ZombiU. I guess I still like a little of both, but I expect to have the most fun with NSMBU, if I'm being perfectly honest. then again, I still love zombies, which is the real draw for zombiU (as is the gameplay which is completely unique and intriguing)

While obviously how much someone enjoys a game is based on the person, it kinda seems hard to make a case for Super Mario Bros having superior (or more orignal depending on how you define better) gameplay mechanics than many, or really any, of the AAA releases for the other consoles.

While obviously how much someone enjoys a game is based on the person, it kinda seems hard to make a case for Super Mario Bros having superior (or more orignal depending on how you define better) gameplay mechanics than many, or really any, of the AAA releases for the other consoles.

and yet I enjoy it more than anything offered up on other consoles (basically a nonstop barrage of FPSs...)

I'm sure this has already been mentioned regarding not being able to play used games (didn't bother reading past the first page).

So what happens when (not if) you have to replace your new XBOX 720 or PS4 as it will inevitably break down? If they cannot fix it? You buy a new console to replace it and you are SOL because the games you currently have won't play on a new system?

If this is in fact true, the new consoles will be like contestents on Steve Harvey's Family Feud. Doesn't matter who wins, both are losers for being out in public.

and yet I enjoy it more than anything offered up on other consoles (basically a nonstop barrage of FPSs...)

Definitely correct. You've cracked the code. Just a bunch of first person shooters. Anyone who plays games on a 360/ps3 is just a sheep gamer buying whatever Activision shoves down our throats.

The cases for all the games I own sure are misleading...

I'm sure this has already been mentioned regarding not being able to play used games (didn't bother reading past the first page).

So what happens when (not if) you have to replace your new XBOX 720 or PS4 as it will inevitably break down? If they cannot fix it? You buy a new console to replace it and you are SOL because the games you currently have won't play on a new system?

If this is in fact true, the new consoles will be like contestents on Steve Harvey's Family Feud. Doesn't matter who wins, both are losers for being out in public.

odds are fairly good the games are tied to you online account, so once you transfer your account to the new system you can redownload your games.

what AAA releases on the system you own are not FPSs? just curious.

I'll stick to what could be considered AAA (hard to define)

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed III

Bioshock 2

Borderlands 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dragon Age: Origins

Skyrim

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Gears of War 3

Grand Theft Auto IV

LA Noire

Mass Effect 1/2/3

Max Payne 3

Red Dead Redemption

Resident Evil 5/6

There's more but probably not under the category of AAA

Edit: For the record (not that it should matter) I've never bought a Halo, CoD, Battlefield, or MoH game and yet I still constantly have a new game to play on my 360

to be fair, i enjoy the occasional FPS TPS as much as anyone (Metroid prime and Other M respectively) but for me (opinion) the Mario franchise usually delivers a much more polished and fun experience than anything I've experienced on any other console.

to be fair, i enjoy the occasional FPS TPS as much as anyone (Metroid prime and Other M respectively) but for me (opinion) the Mario franchise usually delivers a much more polished and fun experience than anything I've experienced on any other console.

Fair enough, can't argue with your opinion. I also don't want to cause this thread to degrade into a pointless console war.

Just don't like the generalization that console gamers are angry teenagers yelling racist slurs over xbox live and shelling out $60 every month for a Call of Duty clone.

Fair enough, can't argue with your opinion. I also don't want to cause this thread to degrade into a pointless console war.

Just don't like the generalization that console gamers are angry teenagers yelling racist slurs over xbox live and shelling out $60 every month for a Call of Duty clone.

that was quite the leap you made, Mario would be proud!

With regards to mechanics and all, Mario has most every game beat, those listed games included. Not saying it's better than those games (although a few of those aren't really great), but with regards to it's mechanics, it does do things in a tighter and generally more innovative manner.

Mario wasn't good after it got off the N64 and Game boy Colour/Advance.

Galaxy and especially Galaxy 2 were both touted by everyone who played them (industry professionals and fans alike) as the greatest Mario games ever, and I'd have to agree.

New Super Mario Brothers for the DS, and it's wii counterpart are both at the top of the lists of 2d mario games. sure the GBA and GC had some less than stellar outing, but none of them were "not good"

ok, sorry, FPS and TPS, my bad.

Assassin's Creed is quite good and quite fun, although most of that list is shooters of some sort (Borderlands 2 is definitely a FPS, as the developers said the priority in development was to make it a FPS first and foremost).

I'm playing Rayman Origins on 360 right now, which I consider to be good competition for NSMB. I enjoy Final Fantasy XIII as a game, not so much as an RPG or story, but as a game that you play at least with great cinematics (PS: the battle system is about efficiency, not just mere survival).

Also, in the spirit of fairness, Halo 4 is pretty good. I like it the same way I like Cowboy Bebop english dubbed instead of subbed; despite the fact that most people will develop untrue ideas about how my tastes lack "culture."

All that being said, Mario is fantastic and I spent a few hours today on Galaxy 2 and a little more on Kart Wii (but only because I couldn't get Forza 4 :P).

Archived