The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

Meh. Already not impressed. They're trying to make it a PC for your TV basically. If I wanted that, I'd just use a PC. I care more about actual gaming and game related stuff. The new XBOX looks even more like a TV entertainment system than a gaming one than a PS3. I mean, it's cool for TV stuff but.. seriously. If social media is where the new systems are going, I might as well just get a PC.

Forza doesn't even look realistic. 35 mins and then they finally show game stuff, but it's EA stuff that's not even exclusive games, and then Forza? And they spent the first half an hour talking about how they're making your TV like a computer you can alt tab around.

And they're focusing in on Kinect of all things, the stuff no one really liked, and their voice stuff is a joke. I seriously hope it's not as buggy as it was. Press conference is a huge flop right now. Apparently even their stock is going down a bit. Lol.

I have both a PS3 and Xbox, always prefered Xbox.

After watching this... I think I am leaning towards getting a PS4. Xbox hardly even talked about gaming.They basically just marketed Xbox as a fancy cable box.

In case you guys didn't catch it from the talking heads, the game stuff will be more prominent at E3.

Excuse them for using the reveal to you know... Reveal the console's brand new features and partnerships amirite lol some people

In case you guys didn't catch it from the talking heads, the game stuff will be more prominent at E3.

Excuse them for using the reveal to you know... Reveal the console's brand new features and partnerships amirite lol some people

They are getting ripped. That was a terrible reveal. So bad, they actually made the stock of their competition go up. And what made it worse? Their brand new features are crap, and most of the stuff they talked about isn't even relevant to gaming. Sony just has to not drop the ball at E3 to make them look even more silly. They should've just waited until E3 or something. That was a disaster.

How much more time did Sony get for their conference? I remember it was much more seeing as it wasn't televised hence no need to squeeze into a block.

Dunno. I still think they just should've waited for E3. I don't think -anyone-, Sony or MS fans could've expected such a huge disaster. I mean, making Sony's stock jump up 8% in an hour because your reveal was so bad that the stock market was jumping ship? Just for an hour reveal or so? That's insanity. They really have to turn it around at E3 or Nintendo and the PS4 are just going to walk away from them in the market.

Archived