10 replies to this topic

#1 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

This is my first proposal so just tell me what to fix, instead of flaming.

VAN-TOR
To Van:
Frattin/ Finn, Gunnarsson and a 2013 1st rounder

To Tor:
Luongo

Toronto gets a solid, much needed goalie, while the Canucks get a prospect in either Frattin or Finn, a high pick and an NHL caliber dman in Gunnarsson.

VAN-DET
To Van:
Filppula and Franzen

To Detroit:
Edler

Detroit fills up their hole on D, with the retirement of Lidstrom. And the Canucks get that much needed third line center, and 1st/2nd line winger.
I don't want to see Edler go, but if we can't resign him... Also I'm not sure how much in bonuses we have, because I did the fantasy calculator, so if someone could tell me I'll update it with that.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,304,545; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,895,455

Edited by laxgoalie, 15 November 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

We kinda just re-signed Burrows...
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#3 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

We kinda just re-signed Burrows...

That we did... Completely forgot about that...

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Toronto deal is pretty good, I don't think they will accept it, but it's close and alot better than some other's I have seen.

But the Detroit deal isn't very good... Filppula is a UFA coming up just like Edler, and value wise it isn't close. I''m not sure about Franzen's contract status but I know he isn't much more valuable than Filppula.

zackass.png

#5 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Toronto deal is pretty good, I don't think they will accept it, but it's close and alot better than some other's I have seen.

But the Detroit deal isn't very good... Filppula is a UFA coming up just like Edler, and value wise it isn't close. I''m not sure about Franzen's contract status but I know he isn't much more valuable than Filppula.

Ok thanks, so how would you change up the Detroit deal? Would removing either Franzen or Fillpula and adding in Brenden Smith and a pick work? Or would Detroit not want to part with Smith?

Edited by laxgoalie, 15 November 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Toronto deal is decent, but I can't see either teams going for it in the DET trade.
Posted Image

#7 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

This makes us really weak on D

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ok thanks, so how would you change up the Detroit deal? Would removing either Franzen or Fillpula and adding in Brenden Smith and a pick work? Or would Detroit not want to part with Smith?

Well you can add whatever you want that you think is fair value.

Just look into the players and pieces you are interested in a little bit more before you make a proposal so that the deal seems for fair.

Me personally, I wouldn't look at trading Edler at all myself.

zackass.png

#9 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

This makes us really weak on D

It is posts like this that drives me crazy. How many times has this been mentioned? Every trade proposal involving Edler people post this. Yes! We get it! But how about the offence we gain from the trade? Ever thought about that? How bout the 52 goals scored by Franzen and Filpulla last year? Shouldn't that make up for the defence we lose? Why's everybody so scared to be without Edler? Didn't he miss 31 games 2 years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Canucks go on to win the Presidents Trophy that year? Edler is just one man. This team will not crumble if he gets traded or is injured.

#10 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

It is posts like this that drives me crazy. How many times has this been mentioned? Every trade proposal involving Edler people post this. Yes! We get it! But how about the offence we gain from the trade? Ever thought about that? How bout the 52 goals scored by Franzen and Filpulla last year? Shouldn't that make up for the defence we lose? Why's everybody so scared to be without Edler? Didn't he miss 31 games 2 years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Canucks go on to win the Presidents Trophy that year? Edler is just one man. This team will not crumble if he gets traded or is injured.

Completely agree. Losing Edler would hurt but us gaining 50+ goals between Filpulla and Franzen, and possibly the Sedins and Kesler regaining their old form, and then there's Kassian too. Big loss on defense, but major gain on offense.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#11 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Edler wouldn't get us both Franzen and Filppula, especially when Edler is unsigned.. Yikes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.