The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-TOR, VAN-DET

laxgoalie

This is my first proposal so just tell me what to fix, instead of flaming.

VAN-TOR

To Van:

Frattin/ Finn, Gunnarsson and a 2013 1st rounder

To Tor:

Luongo

Toronto gets a solid, much needed goalie, while the Canucks get a prospect in either Frattin or Finn, a high pick and an NHL caliber dman in Gunnarsson.

VAN-DET

To Van:

Filppula and Franzen

To Detroit:

Edler

Detroit fills up their hole on D, with the retirement of Lidstrom. And the Canucks get that much needed third line center, and 1st/2nd line winger.

I don't want to see Edler go, but if we can't resign him... Also I'm not sure how much in bonuses we have, because I did the fantasy calculator, so if someone could tell me I'll update it with that.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,304,545; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,895,455

Toronto deal is pretty good, I don't think they will accept it, but it's close and alot better than some other's I have seen.

But the Detroit deal isn't very good... Filppula is a UFA coming up just like Edler, and value wise it isn't close. I''m not sure about Franzen's contract status but I know he isn't much more valuable than Filppula.

Toronto deal is pretty good, I don't think they will accept it, but it's close and alot better than some other's I have seen.

But the Detroit deal isn't very good... Filppula is a UFA coming up just like Edler, and value wise it isn't close. I''m not sure about Franzen's contract status but I know he isn't much more valuable than Filppula.

It is posts like this that drives me crazy. How many times has this been mentioned? Every trade proposal involving Edler people post this. Yes! We get it! But how about the offence we gain from the trade? Ever thought about that? How bout the 52 goals scored by Franzen and Filpulla last year? Shouldn't that make up for the defence we lose? Why's everybody so scared to be without Edler? Didn't he miss 31 games 2 years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Canucks go on to win the Presidents Trophy that year? Edler is just one man. This team will not crumble if he gets traded or is injured.

Archived