The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Meh game by Canada. Both teams played horrible on D. Germany was just standing around looking intimidated by the Canadian players, and allowed Canada to skate circles around them and exploit holes. Canada just looked uninterested in playing a sharp defensive game and just wanted to go score more goals. Not too surprising given the weak opponent but they will need to bring it later on.

Abundant goals are obviously a good thing for the team's morale. Glad for that, the first line seems to be gelling and the 2nd unit PP isn't too shabby either!

Worried for the defense going up against higher-skilled teams like USA or RUS. Subban's positioning seemed totally off at times, but he was all in all solid, and he couldn't be blamed for any of the German goals.

Subban with a stunning .857 save %. I do not understand the hype on this kid, top ranked goaltender at last years draft and Belleville hasn't done crape. I won't keep harping on him, but I do expect that Binnington should see some time, after all Subban has yet to have a period in which he wasn't scored against on (that includes pre-tourny and the camp games).

I've been tired all day it seems but I feel fine now, I really wanna see the entire Russian team, the arena should be alot more energetic and I think Russia will come out with a much much better effort than Canada did, should be an exciting game.

I had a cup of coffee, and I'll probably grab another one while I wait for this game, so I think I will be able to make it through. :P

Archived