Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dudeone

Roach-Contest Winner Choked to Death

5 posts in this topic

Roach-Contest Winner Choked to Death

EDWARD ARCHBOLD, 32, COULDN'T STOP VOMITING

(NEWSER) – Hope you're not in the middle of eating: The Florida man

who died after winning a roach-eating contest suffocated partly on little bug bodies, CBS Miami reports. Edward Archbold, 32, died from choking and vomiting due to "airway obstruction by the arthropod body parts," according to his autopsy. His October 6 death moments after the contest at a reptile store in Deerfield Beach, Fla., was ruled an accident. He won a python in the competition.

Archbold "was literally taking roaches by the handful," says witness Olivia Murphy. "He wanted the snake bad." But after the contest, Archbold began vomiting uncontrollably. "I just saw bugs all over his face, stuff like drooling down his face, and I was kind of throwing up a little bit myself just from like seeing that," says Murphy. An attorney for the store's owner says all contestants had signed a waiver, and the bugs they ate were "safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.