Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Roach-Contest Winner Choked to Death

EDWARD ARCHBOLD, 32, COULDN'T STOP VOMITING

http://www.newser.com/story/158263/roach-contest-winner-choked-to-death.html

(NEWSER) – Hope you're not in the middle of eating: The Florida man who died after winning a roach-eating contest suffocated partly on little bug bodies, CBS Miami reports. Edward Archbold, 32, died from choking and vomiting due to "airway obstruction by the arthropod body parts," according to his autopsy. His October 6 death moments after the contest at a reptile store in Deerfield Beach, Fla., was ruled an accident. He won a python in the competition.

Archbold "was literally taking roaches by the handful," says witness Olivia Murphy. "He wanted the snake bad." But after the contest, Archbold began vomiting uncontrollably. "I just saw bugs all over his face, stuff like drooling down his face, and I was kind of throwing up a little bit myself just from like seeing that," says Murphy. An attorney for the store's owner says all contestants had signed a waiver, and the bugs they ate were "safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles."

#2 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

yummy

#3 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,629 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

http://forum.canucks...-eating-contest

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Protein
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#5 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,957 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.