Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canuckfan1968

Cannata back with wolves

17 posts in this topic

I must say after his first APT with the wolves last year I was truly hoping he would be Eddie Lacks backup in the AHL. I sure am glad he was brougt back up maybe this is what this team needs since the last game with 3 minutes left I truly though the stork let in a really soft goal after the team went up 3-2. Here is hoping Cannata gets another shot to show he is a very technical goalie just like Shnieder was. Go Wolves Go. Thoughts

I must say after his first APT with the wolves last year I was truly hoping he would be Eddie Lacks backup in the AHL. I sure am glad he was brougt back up maybe this is what this team needs since the last game with 3 minutes left I truly though the stork let in a really soft goal after the team went up 3-2. Here is hoping Cannata gets another shot to show he is a very technical goalie just like Shnieder was. Go Wolves Go. Thoughts

The newspaper article about this call up refers to Cannata as the backup goalie on his ECHL team, who is being called up to be Climie's back up for the next few days while Lack is out. Apparently he is not expected to play any games, so I doubt he will be "what this team needs".

ECHL is not the same as AHL if you consider who is defending in front of him and if you look at his first APT he looked very poised in a wolves uniform. I know alof of people are thinking the stork is playing great but truly the last game against the admirals that I watched on sportnet was a stinker with 3 minutes left kinda reminded me of loungo let down. As for Cannata I think he will get a chance considering Climie's sucking gouch compared to last year.

If you think he is that bad may i remind you this game was awesome and he never looked out of place stopping 38 shots.

weak goaltending if you ask me not in position, all give him a few defensive breakdowns but some of those goals are weak.

This injury and Schneider's tweak against Chicago makes me appreciate Luongo's relative bulletproof status a bit more. However, Lu hasn't been the same since that big tweak against Pittsburgh. Pre-injury Lu was tremendous.

ECHL is not the same as AHL if you consider who is defending in front of him and if you look at his first APT he looked very poised in a wolves uniform. I know alof of people are thinking the stork is playing great but truly the last game against the admirals that I watched on sportnet was a stinker with 3 minutes left kinda reminded me of loungo let down. As for Cannata I think he will get a chance considering Climie's sucking gouch compared to last year.

I'm happy about having him come up. Even if it just makes him compete harder, being closer to getting further along.

Is he even a prospect anymore? Am I missing something? He's been up almost a month and not a minute of playing time? Clime has been playing amazingly well but still? Not one start in nine games including one back to back on a team that isn't exactly setting the league on fire makes me wonder about their confidence in him. I'm thinking a goalie prospect at his age should be playing. To me it looks like he hasn't played since November 22nd in the ECHL. Is he injured? But if he were injured I'm guessing he wouldn't be on the bench.

Is he even a prospect anymore? Am I missing something? He's been up almost a month and not a minute of playing time? Clime has been playing amazingly well but still? Not one start in nine games including one back to back on a team that isn't exactly setting the league on fire makes me wonder about their confidence in him. I'm thinking a goalie prospect at his age should be playing. To me it looks like he hasn't played since November 22nd in the ECHL. Is he injured? But if he were injured I'm guessing he wouldn't be on the bench.

he was called up to the wolves to backup climie while lack was injured. they only had him up just in case something happened to Climie. they never had the intention of playing him.

he was called up to the wolves to backup climie while lack was injured. they only had him up just in case something happened to Climie. they never had the intention of playing him.

I really wish they would play him too, I've read good things about Cannata on this board and I want to see him in action for myself.

Sometimes I think Arniel is asleep at the wheel or a drunkard with some if his decisions - this being one of them

Sometimes I think Arniel is asleep at the wheel or a drunkard with some if his decisions - this being one of them