16 replies to this topic

#1 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I must say after his first APT with the wolves last year I was truly hoping he would be Eddie Lacks backup in the AHL. I sure am glad he was brougt back up maybe this is what this team needs since the last game with 3 minutes left I truly though the stork let in a really soft goal after the team went up 3-2. Here is hoping Cannata gets another shot to show he is a very technical goalie just like Shnieder was. Go Wolves Go. Thoughts

#2 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

I must say after his first APT with the wolves last year I was truly hoping he would be Eddie Lacks backup in the AHL. I sure am glad he was brougt back up maybe this is what this team needs since the last game with 3 minutes left I truly though the stork let in a really soft goal after the team went up 3-2. Here is hoping Cannata gets another shot to show he is a very technical goalie just like Shnieder was. Go Wolves Go. Thoughts

He is up because Lack has a lower body injury.. and he has been posting average numbers in ECHL.. so no.. I doubt he will be the starter for Wolves :(

#3 Mike27

Mike27

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

The newspaper article about this call up refers to Cannata as the backup goalie on his ECHL team, who is being called up to be Climie's back up for the next few days while Lack is out. Apparently he is not expected to play any games, so I doubt he will be "what this team needs".
Trade Bieksa? Not even if it was a one for one deal for a guy like Ovechkin. And I am being serious. Linden53

#4 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

ECHL is not the same as AHL if you consider who is defending in front of him and if you look at his first APT he looked very poised in a wolves uniform. I know alof of people are thinking the stork is playing great but truly the last game against the admirals that I watched on sportnet was a stinker with 3 minutes left kinda reminded me of loungo let down. As for Cannata I think he will get a chance considering Climie's sucking gouch compared to last year.

#5 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

If you think he is that bad may i remind you this game was awesome and he never looked out of place stopping 38 shots.

Edited by Canuckfan1968, 28 November 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#6 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

weak goaltending if you ask me not in position, all give him a few defensive breakdowns but some of those goals are weak.

Edited by Canuckfan1968, 28 November 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#7 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,658 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

This injury and Schneider's tweak against Chicago makes me appreciate Luongo's relative bulletproof status a bit more. However, Lu hasn't been the same since that big tweak against Pittsburgh. Pre-injury Lu was tremendous.
Posted Image

#8 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

ECHL is not the same as AHL if you consider who is defending in front of him and if you look at his first APT he looked very poised in a wolves uniform. I know alof of people are thinking the stork is playing great but truly the last game against the admirals that I watched on sportnet was a stinker with 3 minutes left kinda reminded me of loungo let down. As for Cannata I think he will get a chance considering Climie's sucking gouch compared to last year.

Defenders might not be as good, but then again neither are the shooters. It at least somewhat evens out.

#9 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm happy about having him come up. Even if it just makes him compete harder, being closer to getting further along.
Posted Image

#10 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Is he even a prospect anymore? Am I missing something? He's been up almost a month and not a minute of playing time? Clime has been playing amazingly well but still? Not one start in nine games including one back to back on a team that isn't exactly setting the league on fire makes me wonder about their confidence in him. I'm thinking a goalie prospect at his age should be playing. To me it looks like he hasn't played since November 22nd in the ECHL. Is he injured? But if he were injured I'm guessing he wouldn't be on the bench.

#11 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Is he even a prospect anymore? Am I missing something? He's been up almost a month and not a minute of playing time? Clime has been playing amazingly well but still? Not one start in nine games including one back to back on a team that isn't exactly setting the league on fire makes me wonder about their confidence in him. I'm thinking a goalie prospect at his age should be playing. To me it looks like he hasn't played since November 22nd in the ECHL. Is he injured? But if he were injured I'm guessing he wouldn't be on the bench.

he got called up becauseof lack injury. they said they weren't expecting to play him.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#12 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,939 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

he was called up to the wolves to backup climie while lack was injured. they only had him up just in case something happened to Climie. they never had the intention of playing him.

#13 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

he was called up to the wolves to backup climie while lack was injured. they only had him up just in case something happened to Climie. they never had the intention of playing him.

I understand that but then why leave him up? At first it appeared as though the Lack injury was short and he was up for emergency purposes but that isn't the case. Wouldn't it have been better to leave him in the E to actually play? He wasn't really playing there either but at least he had a few starts. Now Clime is playing back to backs.

Edited by bd71, 23 December 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#14 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

That's asinine, though. I realize the Wolves have Climie and that Climie is doing very well lately. However, goalies, no matter how good they are or how hot they're playing, have backups for a reason. Not only that, but it creates an opportunity to get a Canucks prospect some more experience, albeit just a little. Oh wait, I forgot. The Wolves don't give a crap about developing Canucks prospects.

Cannata is there sitting on the bench doing nothing while Climie is probably going to get tired soon. Cannata also needs to get some games in for his development. Why not play him???

Edited by NuxFan09, 23 December 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#15 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

I really wish they would play him too, I've read good things about Cannata on this board and I want to see him in action for myself.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#16 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Sometimes I think Arniel is asleep at the wheel or a drunkard with some if his decisions - this being one of them

#17 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Sometimes I think Arniel is asleep at the wheel or a drunkard with some if his decisions - this being one of them

The Canucks would be better off with an AHL team affliate that they have more control over.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.