The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The War on Christmas is Over... Christmas Won but only In Canada, Pity

Wetcoaster

Personally I adhere to the motto:

"Do unto others... and keep doing it until they lie broken and bleeding upon the ground." (figuratively speaking of course) It is part of what is instilled into a person at law school.

And this whole "Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord" shtick??? Nope I am big believer in vengeance as a matter of personal satisfaction.

Oh yeah and:

sarcasm_red-600x500.jpg

harper%20merry%20christmas.jpg

I don't believe in Harper, and i'm on the fence about God, but i believe that Christmas is worth celebrating and it can be freely celebrated by everyone in this country. It's a basic right. And that right is inclusive of weird 'season of reason' atheists as well.

Atheists that celebrate Christmas are all over the place.

Basically, if you take all of the religious stuff out of Christmas, the church, praying, nativity scene, angels on the tree, etc., its still great to give gifts to and spend time with the people you care about.

At least that's why most people in this country still celebrate Christmas. It's about family, not whining about what to call the holidays.

If you can't see that, well, Bah! Humbug! You obviously need more Christmas spirit. ie. Reasoning capability to determine what is truly important.

unless of course your reason for gathering with friends and loved ones is based on religious faith

IN WHICH CASE YOU'RE AN IRRATIONAL IDIOT WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC

CARL SAGAN!!! CARL SAGAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless of course your reason for gathering with friends and loved ones is based on religious faith

IN WHICH CASE YOU'RE AN IRRATIONAL IDIOT WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC

CARL SAGAN!!! CARL SAGAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Retire' like you, you mean?

No wonder you wouldn't miss him, he had your number. :lol:

We do seem to have a number of atheists expressing their opinions here and in other threads. Fortunately most people in this thread seem to agree that being with family and loved ones on a special day in December isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

Archived