The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks making critical mistakes in hindsight?

Lui's Knob

How many picks does Feaster have in his core?

If you count Kassian (Who we got for Hodgson who MG drafted) and then including the free agent's he has signed.

It is safe to say 2-3 (Kassian, Tanev and then Lack being the likely 3rd)

Not sure how Nonis is partically creditied with Drafting the Sedins? But anyways.. alright.

So how many does Feaster have in his line-up?

Surely,you can digest some of the nonsense you are writing.

After five NHL drafts Gillis has zero ( as in 0) draft picks playing for the club.

That is 000000000000%.

That Canucks GM you were sideswiping with your devotion for Gillis did more in three years on his own than Gillis has managed in five years.

If I count the players he was also responsible for drafting as Asst. GM of this club it could not make Gillis look worse than the blazing 0% average he now holds as his record.

Surely,you can digest some of the nonsense you are writing.

After five NHL drafts Gillis has zero ( as in 0) draft picks playing for the club.

That is 000000000000%.

That Canucks GM you were sideswiping with your devotion for Gillis did more in three years on his own than Gillis has managed in five years.

If I count the players he was also responsible for drafting as Asst. GM of this club it could not make Gillis look worse than the blazing 0% average he now holds as his record.

I have no idea what you are talking about.I have not participated in one of your Flames posts.

The argument is players drafted by Nonis or Gillis that play for this club.

Tanev was a Gagner family friend he brought to the Canucks.

Lack has never played for the Canucks.

Kassian is not a Gillis draft pick.

Do you want me to add all the present Canucks that Nonis is an Asst. GM and credited with bringing to this club?

How about all the draft picks they traded for players?

Gillis has zero.Not one.Nada.He has a record that any one of us can do-nothing.

That's fair, I stuck Brodie and Connauton together as they are both more offensive defenceman and the same age, whereas Tanev is more defensive. I also figured both Brodie and Connauton would be in the AHL regardless this year, whereas Tanev would have likely been in the NHL.

Plus TBH, I've gotten so used to Tanev being around the last 2 years, I'd thought he played a lot more games than he has.

Kassian = the Hodgson pick. Hodgson if still on the team would have been a for sure roster player, so it is only fair to count Kassian in his place.

Tanev and Lack still count as rookie signings, not picks but it is the same thing, MG scouted them and targetted them and signed them, basiclly the same thing it's still acquiring prospects.

So the 3 are: Lack, Tanev and Kassian.

And now that you brought up Schroeder, even he has a good opportunity, and you saying he doesn't have a chance without justiying your reasoning is just reflective of your ignorance and lack of knowlodge on the player.

Kassian = the Hodgson pick. Hodgson if still on the team would have been a for sure roster player, so it is only fair to count Kassian in his place.

Tanev and Lack still count as rookie signings, not picks but it is the same thing, MG scouted them and targetted them and signed them, basiclly the same thing it's still acquiring prospects.

So the 3 are: Lack, Tanev and Kassian.

And now that you brought up Schroeder, even he has a good opportunity, and you saying he doesn't have a chance without justiying your reasoning is just reflective of your ignorance and lack of knowlodge on the player.

I don't even wanna respond to this guy anymore. He's like a mosquito buzzing around your ear.

I agree, it doesn't matter if they were drafted, undrafted, or acquired through trade. Nonis had the same ability to acquire prospects that way. So those 3 are most likely, but if it has to be picks I think Schroeder, Jensen, and Sauve or Connauton could realistically see some games.

Writing off Schroeder just shows ignorance on his part. He'll be on the team this year. Gillis is gonna at least give him a shot, since he's pretty much at the point where it's now or never. He has made some great strides in his defensive game this year too, for those of us who watch him.

Also, Jensen has a good shot of making the team later in the year. He's likely going to remain on his SEL team for the season, but they won't make the playoffs so he'll be done in April. And if there is an NHL season, it will be extended into May, and I could see the Canucks giving him games at the end of the season to see if he can be used in the playoffs. He's looked real good so far, and after a full season in the SEL could realistically be ready. The thing that has kept our prospects back in the past has been things like skating, size, or defensive play. Jensen is good in all three of those areas.

And Sauve or Connauton will get their shot this season if there is one. Sauve has been given 5 games in the past and looked decent, I think they will wanna see what he can do after another full season in the NHL. I think he's more likely based on AV's love fore grittier players. Sauve can at least be as good as Rome. But Connauton may get the call if we're looking for a puck mover.

We'll definitely see some prospects on the roster though, I guarantee it. Gillis has said that he wants to start giving guys like Schroeder some games.

I don't see Sauve as a bad pick. He is a solid defensive blueliner, aggressive with a mean streak - he was developing nicely and threatening to crack the Canucks roster when he was hit by a car, severely concussed, and missed months of the 2010 season. He was considered "pretty lucky to be playing after car crash" / "from hood ornament to the NHL|". Sauve is a solid guy who would have made the next step on many other rosters.

Archived