Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 4(ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS)

• Please log in to reply
2903 replies to this topic

Poll: Shall we Re-boot the league? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Start the league fresh from the beginning?

1. Yes (14 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#2131 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Tanabe was my own pick. I traded for Leetch and Hossa with Neuvirth Orlov Pavelski etc. Leetch btw has never been on my top line and this year has played on my 3rd line. I gave up Orlov who has been a better player than Leetch so I actually lost that trade big time.

The 4th overall pick that I picked from the draft made his NHL regular season debut this year. Vegetti wasnt a reason i won. Gaunce was the other big trade I made that people complain about. He has won one Stanley cup as the third line centre.

It's funny how people just say my team is only successful due to dumb GMs and give me no credit. I guess LA making the playoffs this year for only the second time and making it to the 2nd round being a first time in 10 sessions is because of other GMs too.

Only 2 forwards, 1 defenseman and both goalies are from last years team so you can't say I inherited this successful team. It might be a fluke or it might be I'm a decent GM

Edited by mpt, 25 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#2132 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I wouldn't considered him one of the top teams at that time. He did finished with the second worst record that year.

The first year I won my division, the second year I changed my strategy and I tanked. The next year I made the playoffs and the 4th year I made the finals 5 years in a row.

The only reason I finished 2nd last was because of my strategy changing. Thornton left that summer because I sucked that bad; which was a huge blow yet I still persevered.

Say what you will about my GM abilities, people who deal with me on a regular basis think I'm fair and reasonable but tough as well. The ones that complain are people who either never negotiate with me or tell me that I need to overpay or not "win" the trade. Going into a trade with the I need not lose is never going to allow a deal to happen as the demands are unreasonable. I've lost plenty of trades yet I'd do most of them again.

Edited by mpt, 25 February 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#2133 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Those two GMs who gave up their top picks in the 2014 (?) draft which landed him 3 picks (one of the picks was his own) in the top 5 was high way robbery on his part.

That Vancouver GM back before the season started who traded Booth, Gaunce, Weise for Laich.
A few questionable NYR trades.

But what's done is done. Seems like a lot of GM's quit or get fired after dealing with mpt haha
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#2134 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well, it could just as well be because people get tired of having to justify every move they make.

#2135 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

In the end........who cares........it's really just a game. I think sometimes people forget that.

Edited by Danthecanucksfan, 25 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#2136 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

In the end........who cares........it's really just a game. I think sometimes people forget that.

This.

Posted Image

#2137 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

trav please kick the Kings so I can watch or MPT please go online and set. Thanks :3

#2138 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Best thing about playing CPU? Get to choose their jerseys. THROWBACKS EVERYWHERE

Game 1 puck drops now! Watch for the play by play you don't care about, but kind of proves I'm not cheating.

Duclair, Beleskey and Crosby to start. DSP got creamed as he came out on the first line change, and fell really weird. Like, glitchy weird. Brett Connolly can't skate, at all, it seems. He barely moves in open ice. Clutterbuck puts Blair through the glass. Larsson takes the games first penalty, 2 for slashing. When did LA get Lehtonen? Successful kill. Varlamov withstands monster pressure 13ms in, but makes 3-4 big saves on Hamilton and Macek. Still 0-0 but LA is laying it on thick. Colorado is 8/11 in the faceoff circle, which is what they paid for. LA takes a hooking penalty with 5 seconds left in the first, but Lehtonen stares down the Avs. End of 1st, Shots 12-5 LAK, Hits 7-4 COL, Faceoffs 9-5 COL. Tied at 0. Klingberg takes a hitting from behind penalty, and Colorado will have the 5 on 3 for 1:21. Duclair scores a weird one, and it's 1-0 with Colorado still on the PP for 1:21 (weird). Toews scores on the one timer feed from Larsson, on the PP, and it's 2-0. Depres gets the secondary. This got boring fast. Guys are skating in and shooting, I guess. 10m left. So, Depres, Barker and DSP just did the thing where they formed a triangle and passed around for 3m of game time, then one missed and it went for an icing. HOCKEY! LAK penalty coming, 2m for slahing to Namestinkov (best name). Duclair is REALLY hurt. Destroyed coming up the middle, obvious concussion, holding head down the stairs. Varlamov is so upset he gives the puck away to Laplante who scores easily on the wide open, SH opportunity. 2-1 COL. Franson gets a pass from Laplante and puts it home low glove, 2-2 game. Secondary to Berger. 3m left. Green takes a slashing penalty with 30s left in the 2nd. Colorado in a bad way? 2nd Int, 2-2, shots 21-16 LAK, hits, 15-8 COL, faceoffs 24-9 COL. Duclair confirmed out with a concussion. I just realized that since I was booted, so was my AI, which explains a lot of the positioning problems I'm seeing. Colorado kills the penalty. Klingberg blocks a Connolly shot, it goes to Crosby who sets up DSP next to the net. 3-2 Colorado with 15 and a half left to play. Macek picks off a pass and goes roof on Varlamov, and it's a tie game again only moments later. Clutterbuck puts one off Lehtonens blocker and Noesen bats it out of the air, it's a 4-3 game, 8 left. Hamilton just tipped a point shot off the post, big miss with 5m left. Dylan Gratton picks up a rebound for the tying goal past a flailing Varlamov. Less than 4 to go, tied 4-4. Lehtonen just made a sick grab on a Crosby to Elliott one timer. Crosby sets up Connolly in the slot, and gets a weak one past. 5-4, less than a minute to go. Kubalik gets a soft one into the EN with 0.9 seconds left and Colorado wins a back and forth 6-4 game.

Edited by coleman26, 25 February 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#2139 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hockey is not a game my friend. It's a way of life.
Posted Image

Previously:

#2140 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hockey is not a game my friend. It's a way of life.

Surely hockey video games are games though? It's right there.

#2141 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Surely hockey video games are games though? It's right there.

Hockey is hockey. Doesn't matter what form.
Posted Image

Previously:

#2142 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hockey is hockey. Doesn't matter what form.

So, what I'm taking from this is you'd kill a man for his hockey cards, yes?

#2143 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

So, what I'm taking from this is you'd kill a man for his hockey cards, yes?

Who says I haven't already?
Posted Image

Previously:

#2144 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Certainly not me. <_<

#2145 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Certainly not me. <_<

But no. Hockey is a way of life. Not a way of death :P
Posted Image

Previously:

#2146 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Duclair is out 15 games, which might as well be the season. If I go back to back 7s, and EA counts all of them, he could be back for Game 3 of the Finals. Now, to adjust.

#2147 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

This series shouldn't of started yet.. I haven't been able to set lines. I don't really care as I'm not really LA but I should be able to at least get them ready.

Edited by mpt, 25 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#2148 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

This is serious business.

I wouldn't be in this league, if it wasn't.

Posted Image

Made by the multiple personality of Twilight Sparkle.

#2149 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Trav booted you, CPU did it. It's your second team, I'm not waiting all night for you to set lines

#2150 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Duclair is out 15 games, which might as well be the season. If I go back to back 7s, and EA counts all of them, he could be back for Game 3 of the Finals. Now, to adjust.

is he any good?
Posted Image

Previously:

#2151 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

26 year old 84 OVR SNP with high 90s power and acc on his shot

#2152 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Just sim through them, I don't really care but you shouldn't just sim without asking me first especially since the CPU just re works all the lines. I had Lehtonen in the minors so he shouldn't even be playing, he hasn't played a single game all year.

My only concern is that it will hinder the progression of some players, I know you wouldn't cheat so that's not it at all. I really didn't expect LA to beat Minny so a 2nd round loss is a success for the Kings

Edited by mpt, 25 February 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#2153 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

77 ovr Gabe Gauthier will go top line with Beleskey and Crosby. See if his crazy shot pays off.

Puck drop on Game 2. Connolly finds Toews in the corner, who turns into the slot and puts it top corner. Toews is making up for a 1st round so dismal, I came back into town thinking he was injured. Helm just poked checked a loose puck and sent it top corner, but nabbed by Lehtonen. Also, I forgot to set AI again, which is a weird mistake to make twice. LAK penalty coming, 2 minutes high sticking. Green scores, CDC freezes. From Crosby and Elliott, I believe. Also, Rogalski gets a helper on the first goal. Gauthier loses the puck in the neutral ice. Good shot, not great at hockey. Possibly dragging Crosby's minutes down because he's got terrible endurance. Connolly for Game 3 is likely. Varlamov dives across the net to rob Laplante of a rebound. For the record, Laplante was 1st star last game, and is looking great here. End of the 1st, Colorado up 2-0, shots are 16-6 Colorado, hits are 2-2, faceoffs are 6-5 LAK. Gauthier fluffs a one time attempt from Crosby, right in the slot. I'm blaming Gauthier. 30 pts from the 4th line this year, cannot catch a pass in the playoffs. Brodie just destroyed DSP, luckily I am at my injury limit! Blain tries to pass out from behind the net, and Steve Smith's it right off of Lehtonen. Larsson gets the credit, and it's 3-0. Fact: if you give Kyle Palmieri a whole zone lead on Kingberg, he will still lose a foot race. Even though he's had about 1m in this game and Klingberg has had 12-15. 11m left in the 2nd. 2 on 1, Kuenhackl and Osala, goes glove side, robbed by Varlamov. Not a lot of hitting, and few shots by LAK, but every one of them dangerous. Barker finds Gauthier on the off wing and it's 4-0. Still playing pretty badly though. Gauthier, I mean. LA picking up the pressure, Osala and Reddington with a few chances in the latest round. End of 2nd, 4-0 COL, Shots 28-13 COL, hits 4-3 LAK, Faceoffs 12-8 COL. 3rd coming. LAK putting pressure down, but it's a lost cause in Game 3. Try not to get hurt is most of it. 16m left. Noesen gets a loose puck in the slot and guns it five hole. At 5-0, I'd expect Campbell to come out for LA.Hamilton scores one to save a little face, then Clutterbuck gets it back. 6-1 game with 4 left. Namestinkov gets a beauty with just over 3 left, 6-2. No goaltending in this series at all, I guess. Game 2 draws to a close and I'm just going to sim the rest because this has stopped being any ???? fun whatsoever.

Edited by coleman26, 25 February 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#2154 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

So, it's different from your Cup run when you booted 2 human teams so you could watch? It's a CPU team you're managing. It's not your team. I'm watching the games.

#2155 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

26 year old 84 OVR SNP with high 90s power and acc on his shot

not too shabby. I don't have Price, Morrissey or Shinkaruk so don't feel too shabby.

*fixed

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 25 February 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:

#2156 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Not worth rating by shabbiness though?

#2157 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

So, it's different from your Cup run when you booted 2 human teams so you could watch? It's a CPU team you're managing. It's not your team. I'm watching the games.

What teams did I boot? If you are going to say the Rangers I was the Rangers for the entire season as he was away on holidays and asked me to take over his team. I watched the series between the Rangers and Philly in the first round because Philly wanted to watch. I was then able to sim the Rangers and Capitals in the second round because I was the GM of both.

Edited by mpt, 25 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#2158 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

NYR was one, I'd have to go check. You were commish and the first 2 rounds, you were facing teams that weren't responding, so they got the boot. You played CPU rounds against them, and no one questioned, which is fine. I'm just saying, it's a CPU team, and whether I sim or watch now, the same players are in. No difference.to who gets the experience now.

Edited by coleman26, 25 February 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#2159 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

I was the Rangers the whole season as he was on holidays and asked me to run his team while he was away.

With the Rangers I watched the entire series between Philly and New York as he wanted to watch. When that series was over I watched Washington and New York as I was the GM of both teams.

Edited by mpt, 25 February 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#2160 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

There was one more, I remember because 2 teams asked me about it, and my reply was that if a team isn't going to bother being around for the playoffs, they deserve the boot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.