23 replies to this topic

#1 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Obviously, Junior hockey in Canada is on the decline. This year is the 4th successive year of debacle. Usually they get away with the reasoning that those eligible Canadians are not playing. Not this time because of the lock out.

As the most successful Canadian team of the new era, I think it's up to the Canucks to help this turn around for the better. As you know, Canuck is the slang for Canadian.

The owner has a vast amount of resources to help the team thru training, selection, technology, scouting, etc.

Never mind Team Canada denied Corrado and maybe Gaunce of their rightful spot but I think it's time to put differences aside and solve the problem that is Canadian hockey.

There are potential minor problems I see like other Canadian teams being jealous or Canadians a minority in the club, these are all small problems and can be easily solved.

I just provided the idea and I'll ask CDC to provide specifics on how to salvage Canadian hockey thru the Canucks.

Eh Oh Canada Go!
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Why would the Canucks help the Canadian Junior team when most of/all the players will be prospects of other teams?

Edited by Jägermeister, 04 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#3 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Mandatory citizenship upon drafting!

#4 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Why would the Canucks help the Canadian Junior team when most of/all the players will be prospects of other teams?

Flag before anything.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#5 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Flag before anything.

And what exactly would Gillis, Aquilini, et al have to get from this? It's not like they get the prospects that TC puts through the system, nor do they need the PR (the Canucks brand practically sells itself)

Edited by Common sense, 04 January 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#6 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Obviously, Junior hockey in Canada is on the decline. This year is the 4th successive year of debacle. Usually they get away with the reasoning that those eligible Canadians are not playing. Not this time because of the lock out.

As the most successful Canadian team of the new era, I think it's up to the Canucks to help this turn around for the better. As you know, Canuck is the slang for Canadian.

The owner has a vast amount of resources to help the team thru training, selection, technology, scouting, etc.

Never mind Team Canada denied Corrado and maybe Gaunce of their rightful spot but I think it's time to put differences aside and solve the problem that is Canadian hockey.

There are potential minor problems I see like other Canadian teams being jealous or Canadians a minority in the club, these are all small problems and can be easily solved.

I just provided the idea and I'll ask CDC to provide specifics on how to salvage Canadian hockey thru the Canucks.

Eh Oh Canada Go!

As sarcasm this is exquisite. However if it isn't...

#7 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hockey Canada has the funds. They can do it themselves.
Posted Image

#8 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Eh Oh Canada Go!

I'm not sure if you are joking, serious, 10 years old, 80 years old, mentally challenged, a born again Christian, Amish/ Hutterite, someone that has weird parents that tortures them or bipolar.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#9 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

How about hiring coaches that don't play favourites? Maybe make camp have a reason instead of just going by the reputations of players.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#10 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

When is the last time a canucks prospect has been on Canada's WJC team???

Hockey Canada already has a perfectly good training facility in Calgary not to mention the #1 feeding league into the NHL to dip into in our own backyard.

What Canada needs to learn are how to perform in big games.... the canucks need to learn that too
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#11 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

How about hiring coaches that don't play favourites? Maybe make camp have a reason instead of just going by the reputations of players.

This too

Edited by CanucksFanMike, 04 January 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hockey Canada already has a perfectly good training facility in Calgary not to mention the #1 feeding league into the NHL to dip into in our own backyard.

What Canada needs to learn are how to perform in big games.... the canucks need to learn that too

Hodgson but before that I can't recall.
Posted Image

#13 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,049 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

The last time a Canucks prospect played in the World Juniors, which was Hodgson.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#14 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hodgson but before that I can't recall.

Bourdon.
Posted Image

#15 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Bourdon.

See, so obvious yet it escaped me :lol:
Posted Image

#16 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

they tried, but Team Canada cut Frankie Corrado who was their only multi-goal scorer at that point

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#17 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

they tried, but Team Canada cut Frankie Corrado who was their only multi-goal scorer at that point

And I believe (remember hearing) that he also was not on the ice for a goal against. I can't confirm this though.

Canada needs a true #1, like Price, Tokarski, Wall, etc... It is a huge decider in games.
Posted Image

#18 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

stop posting worthless garbage reputable..

Posted Image

#19 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

You can't decide whether Canadian junior hockey is improving or declining over a 2 week single knockout tournament. A single big play can make the difference between winning and losing a tournament. When we won 5 in a row, we could easily have lost some of those tournaments, and in the last 4 years, we could have won. Does a single big play or a single big game represent the junior hockey of an entire country as a whole? You have to look at the big picture. There are other junior tournaments. But the most important thing is the number and quality of NHL players produced, and we seem to be doing great in that regard.

Besides, many players on the American and European teams actually play in the CHL, which means our junior system is helping them.

#20 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

See, so obvious yet it escaped me :lol:

Zack Kassian

#21 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Eh Oh Canada Go!

Yeah. Lets offer to train other teams players.
We have a well funded hockey organisation.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#22 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

1. Get a decent coach
2. Find a decent goalie
3.??????
4. Profit!!!

I have solved Canada's WJC woes.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#23 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Another Mr Reputable thread that's bad as hell.

#24 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,653 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

This easily could have been put in your other thread....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.