The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remaining UFA and RFA for 2013

Lui's Knob

Arnott is big, but hits less than the Sedins. Don't point to him as an example of toughness. However, he's not easy to push over either.

However, considering our question marks at center and RW, and our long-known need for someone to run the 2nd PP unit, I think Arnott would be a decent addition. He fills a number of needs, and probably quite cheaply.

I like Langkow too, but he simply gives us more of what Lapierre and Malhotra (if rehabbed) do. They're all solid two-way players who will grind you out a bit more offense than most would expect.

But Arnott is a better playmaker. Also, if Kes is out, Arnott gives us a 2nd right-handed center option.

I've wanted Hecht and Kubina for ages now.

Hecht is one of the most underated players in the NHL playing in Buffalo and scoring 0.5 PPG for a while now. He would be a solid 20 goal, 40 point scoring 3rd line center and has a physical edge too - exactly what we need. His play is a bit like the inbetween of Raymond and Hansen, who could easily be his linemates.

As for Kubina, there is no better option right now on defence. After losing Salo, this D core desperately needs a veteran presence. Experience is one thing, but we need a guy who has been in the league for ages and has seen all sorts of things. That is Kubina, at around 35 he's the greybeard we need. Without Salo, nervy guys like Bieksa, Ballard and Edler lost their composure, so we need a similar veteran presence to calm these guys down. Also, he is an absolute monster hitter and a physical giant which would complement Ballard or Tanev on our bottom pairing quite well as neither of them are big or physically intimidating.

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Kubina - Ballard

Tanev

Alberts

Suddenly the deepest defence in the league, definately a top-3 defence in the NHL.

If no offers are put in for Barker, I think Commodore would be a decent depth move for cheap.

Can lay out a few hits, plenty of Stanley Cup experience, GOOD OL BOY FROM SASKATCHEWAN, and can grow a vicious afro.

Last contract was only 1m. Not bad. Certainly not good, either, though.

Archived