Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

Hockey great Bobby Orr has memoir coming in Oct

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hockey great Bobby Orr has memoir coming in Oct

The Associated Press – 12 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) -- One of hockey's greatest and most private stars, Bobby Orr, is finally telling his life story.

''Orr: My Story'' will be released in October by G.P. Putnam's Sons. The former Boston Bruins defenseman and three-time Hart Trophy winner as the National Hockey League's most valuable player is promising to share some experiences he believes ''worth putting down on paper.''

According to Tuesday's announcement by Putnam, Orr will reflect on his remarkable career and on his angry break from his former agent and close friend Alan Eagleson. Orr was in dire financial trouble after retiring and was among those who demanded Eagleson be removed from the NHL's Hall of Fame after he was jailed for fraud. Eagleson resigned in 1998.

The 64-year-old Orr was elected into the Hall in 1979.

#2 SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I loved "The Rocket", love and have watched "The Don Cherry Story" numerous times (as CBC-hokey as it may be)...I just have a thing for hockey "autobiographies", for lack of a better term. This one will be fantastic, I'm sure!!

#3 Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,195 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Orr is pure class, always has been.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 08 January 2013 - 09:07 PM.

"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#4 Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

This is going to be a must read based on his silence during his career and since his retirement. I wanna hear what he really thinks of Eagleson. I wanna hear what the room was like with the "Big, Bad Bruins" of the early 70's. Looking forward to it.

:towel: :canucks:

#5 Dumb Nuck

Dumb Nuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Edited by Dumb Nuck, 09 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Oh well, there's always next year.

#6 Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I always blamed the Bruins for riding Orr's bad knee into the ground. Apparently he hurt it playing summer ball and wouldn't wait for it to heal.

#7 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Too bad he is such a good guy. Many others would have set the wheels in motion for Eagleson to sleep with the fish.
No one escapes my blast!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.