The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HERE WE GO!

thetodd44

4 games against Edmonton, 5 against Calgary. We got lucky here, playing the worst team in the division if not the conference the most times.

I've circled Feb 1st as the biggest game of the season. First time the Canucks see Keith since his dirty elbow, and its in Vancouver. I wouldn't normally condone dirty hits but that play basically ended our season and playoff hopes so I want to see Keith leave the ice on a stretcher. We play the Blackhawks 3 times, twice in Vancouver which is also pretty lucky.

4 games against Edmonton, 5 against Calgary. We got lucky here, playing the worst team in the division if not the conference the most times.

I've circled Feb 1st as the biggest game of the season. First time the Canucks see Keith since his dirty elbow, and its in Vancouver. I wouldn't normally condone dirty hits but that play basically ended our season and playoff hopes so I want to see Keith leave the ice on a stretcher. We play the Blackhawks 3 times, twice in Vancouver which is also pretty lucky.

Thanks for the post dude, didn't realize the schedule was up until I saw this.

I can't say I'm not disappointed we won't see any Eastern teams this year... wanted to see the Flyers vs. Canucks, Rangers vs. Canucks etc...

The canucks are going to have to come out of the gate swinging here, tons of divisional games right off the bat..

Well there are no easy games in the NHL (especially for the Canucks who constantly underestimate the "lesser" teams) but we have a great chance to hit the road running. If we do our momentum and systems should be clicking into place by game 4.

The only trouble with that logic is in the first paragraph. :shock:

Canucks see 8 games on HNIC, as someone mentioned.

I got curious and checked out other Canadian teams' appearances on our beloved CBC:

Habs- 16

Leafs- 14

Sens- 8

Flames- 7

Oilers- 7

Jets- 7

So we're somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Anyone know if the games indicated as NHL Network US will only air on the specialty channel NHL Network Canada?

I'd rather see Nuck games on TSN, but we usually don't get many there. I don't like seeing the games on CBC. 8 is more than enough.

June 28 is awful late for a SCF. Can you imagine the state of the ice if there are any games in older or southern arenas? Agree with whoever mentioned the high potential for a SCF hangover, but if the Nucks won the cup I doubt anyone would care.

Archived