The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena concession jobs

canuckbeliever

Got hired as a concession cashier and I was wondering if anybody has experience from that job and how it is. I am assuming it will be tough but it works perfectly for me as it is casual which is good considering I am taking 5 classes, it pays decently ($12 an hour is more than enough for me), its is at night and best of all I am working at Rogers Arena.

Just want to know what I can expect. I went into the archives and there have been threads posted about this but the last one was in 2011 and not really much info

I never worked in the concession but I did some work at the ice cream stands and it's basically mad rushes during the intermissions and quite dead when the game is on. I imagine there will be a few people coming to the concessions during the game to grab beers.

There's not much else to expect I'd think.

I never worked in the concession but I did some work at the ice cream stands and it's basically mad rushes during the intermissions and quite dead when the game is on. I imagine there will be a few people coming to the concessions during the game to grab beers.

There's not much else to expect I'd think.

Thought about applying for a security gig there. I work fulltime but a little extra cash might come in handy.

Between Canucks and Concerts, there must be a decent amount of shifts available.

I worked there for a few seasons while I was in school a few years ago. The hourly wage at the time was pretty decent but you only work 4.5-5 hour shifts and usually only 2-3 shifts a week depending on the Canucks' schedule and concerts. For concerts, they usually didn't need as many people to work so people with seniority will be scheduled for those events instead. It's a good part time job to supplement another job or school.

Job is not too difficult but you will be very busy during intermissions. Main duties are taking orders, serving food/drinks and handling money. You are also responsible for working as a team to set up the stands to serve customers before Doors open and cleaning up afterwards. The best stands to work at were the ones that only sold beer because customers will sometimes leave tips. Most stands that sell food will sell beer as well but customers usually don't leave tips at those ones.

You won't really get a chance to watch the game since you will be busy all the time but there are TVs everywhere in the concourse and you can always chat with customers while you are waiting for their food to be ready or while pouring beers to keep up with the current score.

Archived