Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Typical slow starts for Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#61 Nino

Nino

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Not if Luongo has his typical slow start. We cant afford to throw away any games this year.

Luongo have a slow start?

#62 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yeah ... damn Schneider for letting in 4 goals in those 3 games :rolleyes:

You'll learn certain people around here have a fairly... modest grasp of hockey on these forums. It's frustrating sometimes but that's what you get on a public forum.

#63 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Its a..."What have you done for me lately" kinda business. Lou was middle of the pack last season and you can;t trade a gold medal for the Stanley Cup the last I heard. Hamburgler and Down unda don;t have a clue and I'll wager never even held goalie gear let alone put them on. Its all opinion with no real knowledge of the position.

That doesn't apply to what I was saying. I was saying Cory couldn't take the #1 job while Lu was winning gold and getting a vezina nom.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

#64 Nino

Nino

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

That doesn't apply to what I was saying. I was saying Cory couldn't take the #1 job while Lu was winning gold and getting a vezina nom.

Your living on the past, come join the present.

#65 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

That's too bad, we could've won a cup maybe.

Pfft, we would've won at least 2 ;)

1zx175v.jpg

#66 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Your living on the past, come join the present.

Does nobody read what I'm saying?? I clearly stated that that's why Cory couldn't be classified as the #1 in 2010 and 2011 as opposed to this year.

1zx175v.jpg

#67 Nino

Nino

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Does nobody read what I'm saying?? I clearly stated that that's why Cory couldn't be classified as the #1 in 2010 and 2011 as opposed to this year.

No, it's just a big blur.... Sorry.

#68 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

No, it's just a big blur.... Sorry.

Then why reply to my post?

1zx175v.jpg

#69 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,975 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Schneider on Saturday and Luongo on Sunday.

Whoever plays better plays the 3rd game.

307mg00.jpg

#70 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

lol might as well just trade both goalies and the rest of the core and rebuild. face the truth.. our team don't have what it takes in the playoff to win regardless of who's in net. we don't have the grinders capable of grinding out goals. we don't have the forwards that steps it up to another gear. the core is getting old and beat up. might as well trade them all while they are still worth something.. it's better than wait til they become more useless and then start rebuilding. we have nothing amazing in the farms and we rarely attracts big name UFA to the city.. so might as well restock and reload.

#71 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

For Luongo to come back as the starter the Canucks would have to lose pretty badly with Schneider in net first. So you're saying you'd like the Canucks to lose just so you can rub in your Luongo man-crush in your friends' faces?

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard, and I wonder if you're a Canucks fan at all. It just sounds like you love Luongo.

I'd like to say if you look up my name on CDC, I don't think thetres anyway for me to make 4K+ posts about loving Luongo. But yes, I'd like Luo to be the starter. Does it mean they need to lose for him to be? No. It could go as Luongo played better than Schnieder, We have two goallies, and no one, as in Management has come out and said Schnieder is for sure the starter. Try to read between the lines sometimes. But yes, I know Luongo is the one we're looking to trade right now.

Edited by thehamburglar, 16 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Nino

Nino

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

lol might as well just trade both goalies and the rest of the core and rebuild. face the truth.. our team don't have what it takes in the playoff to win regardless of who's in net. we don't have the grinders capable of grinding out goals. we don't have the forwards that steps it up to another gear. the core is getting old and beat up. might as well trade them all while they are still worth something.. it's better than wait til they become more useless and then start rebuilding. we have nothing amazing in the farms and we rarely attracts big name UFA to the city.. so might as well restock and reload.

I have a better idea, lets trade Lou and give that a try first.

#73 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

I'm pretty sure backup goalies get their name on the cup, at least they always did before.

Prior to 1977 only players who had completed the Stanley Cup playoffs were eligible. Today, players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances

#74 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

have to remember Schneider has been playing in Europe during the lockout, whereas Lui hasn't. Schneider starting makes sense to me right now. I think if the lockout happened last season and the Canucks were in this situation they would start Schneider for the first few games until Luongo upped his fitness level back into game shape.

#75 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

edit: sorry double post, slow internet connection.

Edited by Zissou, 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#76 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Prior to 1977 only players who had completed the Stanley Cup playoffs were eligible. Today, players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances

Sooo, are you trying to say that a team's backup goalie doesn't get his name on the cup? If you are I'm 99.9% sure that isn't accurate.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.