The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Typical slow starts for Luongo

danjr

For Luongo to come back as the starter the Canucks would have to lose pretty badly with Schneider in net first. So you're saying you'd like the Canucks to lose just so you can rub in your Luongo man-crush in your friends' faces?

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard, and I wonder if you're a Canucks fan at all. It just sounds like you love Luongo.

Umm no, it's been stated by pretty much every analyst / media outlet that Schneider is going to probably be the starter. Do you know what a starter is? In hockey, the starting goaltender plays more games than the backup. So no, they won't be played evenly (unless of course, like I said, Schneider tanks and Luongo regains the starter position).

Yeah, I believe what professional hockey analysts say over a bunch of people on CDC who think Schneider/Luongo will split the games down the middle because of "common sense". I guess I'm an idiot.

Anyway, I'm sure IF Luongo stays, he'll get a fair amount of games. But my original post was:

Not that "The Canucks would have to lose badly for Luongo to get a start". If you actually bothered to read my post, you wouldn't have even brought this point up and tried to argue with me over it, since I never even went there originally.

So many analysts predict things that they were extremely wrong about, just as much as anyone on CDC. Sure, I'll listen to what they have to say, but they certainly won't make up my mind when it comes to predictions. Most analysts pick what everyone else is saying anyway.

And the Canucks wouldn't have to lose badly with Cory for Lu to get the starter back as you said. All that would have to happen is he outplays Cory, as said by the poster you quoted.

We'll probably trade him. But if he stays, I'd expect to see a split similar to last season, except with Schneider getting the extra 20 starts overall or so.

edit: forgot about the shortened season, the extra starts that would be on pace for 20 in a full season, I meant.

Archived