15 replies to this topic

#1 THEluminiferousAETHER

THEluminiferousAETHER

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I’ll start with a side note. Funny how I was totally one of those people who were going to boycott the NHL for a while, and here I am rubbing my hands in anticipation for the season to begin. What kind of Magic did you cast, Gary Bettman, you Black Wizard! There is no saving throw for the NHL. <---DND there..

Ok, my hope. I recently read Mason Raymond will be the lone specifically designated 2nd liner. Now here is what I have noticed about AV, and this is not necessarily a bad thing, but he is a Guy who seems to believe in the “you earn your spot” ideal. My hope is that he has patience with his decision in regards to the second line. I guess more clearly put is; keep them together even through struggle, because its going to have to be a line based on a good dynamic between three/six players. I think this will be a good story this year for Vancouver, at the least, an interesting one.

Another thing I can’t wait to see play out is the Lu, Cory, situation. I’ll get called crazy, though I do not think it’s a crazy idea to trade Cory instead of Lu, if Lu happens to have has his glorious moment in Van this year… You may not believe it now, or ever, but opinion on CDC is know to change from time to time.

#2 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

You're not crazy. It's the media and the casual fans that criticize Lu and want him gone.

Posted Image

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

those who hate Luongo is a minority like 5% and probably not real canucks fan......don't deserve to be and the media has always been bad to the players

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

You're not crazy. It's the media and the casual fans that criticize Lu and want him gone.

those who hate Luongo is a minority like 5% and probably not real canucks fan......don't deserve to be and the media has always been bad to the players

Damn straight!
You cant be a fan of the Canucks if you dont like Luongo, right fellas? :sick:

#5 Mr. Logic

Mr. Logic

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I believe that, in time, Luongo will be remembered as the best goalie to play for the Canucks. However, I also believe that trading him and holding onto Schneider is the smartest move for this team.

While Luongo is an amazing goalie (perhaps even better than Cory), he can be somewhat inconsistent. Schneider, on the other hand, has performed much more consistently the past few years. And, Cory's cap hit is much more favorable for a team trying to win now and will be up against the salary cap for the foreseeable future.

Furthermore, Schneider is far younger so he can potentially be our number 1 for a longer period of time.

The downside is that Schneider has never had a major workload at the NHL level and may be considered somewhat unproven. But, I have confidence in his ability and that it is the right time for him to take the next step.

If Lack was a "can't miss" prospect, my opinion might be very different. However, all things considered, Schneider is probably the better choice now and in the future.

#6 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Damn straight!
You cant be a fan of the Canucks if you dont like Luongo, right fellas? :sick:

Sure you can. However, all or most of your contributions as a Canuck fan (that I can see) is bashing Luongo on CDC almost exclusively.

Do you even post about other things? I mean, the way the statistics are pointing, the day Luongo gets traded is the day you stop posting on CDC.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 dwil2731

dwil2731

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

yea riviera ur a jackass all ive seen the past couple of days was you jumping into every thread about luongo trying to talk badly about him you my friend are pathetic and not a true canucks fan

#8 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

I simply believe Schneider is better than Luongo and thus would prefer to see Lou go.. So I'm not a real Canuck fan after following the team over 40 years? Get over your Lou fandom. One does not have to be big fan of a specific player to be a fan of the team.
Posted Image

#9 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

I'm not a real Canuck fan

Thanks for coming clean Baggins, much appreciated.

My hope is that the Canucks take the first step toward respectability and Retire Pavel Bure #10

Lets Go Canuuuuucks!

#10 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

That's not really a true or fair statement.

I've always been a Luongo fan, and up until he said he wanted to leave I wanted him to stay. But now, AS a Luongo fan, I want him to leave. It's not a healthy situation for him or the team to keep him here if he wants to play elsewhere. Doesn't mean I dislike Luongo, just means I want him gone for mutual benefit. I'm sure alot of good, knowledgeable Canucks fans feel the same way.

#11 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Sure you can. However, all or most of your contributions as a Canuck fan (that I can see) is bashing Luongo on CDC almost exclusively.

Do you even post about other things? I mean, the way the statistics are pointing, the day Luongo gets traded is the day you stop posting on CDC.

I've commented on many other things, the Luongo debate has just been the hottest topic since the end of last season. You can call what I do "bashing", I see it as helping to even out all the praising with criticism. There are a number of Schneider "bashers" as well you know.

#12 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

yea riviera ur a jackass all ive seen the past couple of days was you jumping into every thread about luongo trying to talk badly about him you my friend are pathetic and not a true canucks fan

Is that right? I was a true Canucks fan long before Luongo ever graced us with his presence and I will be a true fan long after he's gone. You say I try and talk badly about Luongo, what have I said that isn't true?

#13 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

While it is true that the Luongo theme is the predominant one, it is not the only one. There is plenty of talk about Raymond, the Center issues, the new D signings, etc. and yet you don't really seem to care about those.

Your last 5 posts are either on a Luongo thread or about Luongo. It's a small sample but hey, I'm not going through all your 800+ posts. I also don't really care if you really do post on other threads. However, you did suggest that it's okay to be a Luongo basher while being a fan, which it is, but it looks to me, and perhaps to others on CDC, that your only motivation to even be on here is to do just that. While it's fine to criticize a player, if that's mostly what you do, you're not really contributing all that much as a fan.

I'd disagree about the Schneider bashers. The closest I've seen to that is people making direct comparisons between the 2 netminders and making conclusions out of it. Nobody really has "bashed" Schneider, whether it is because we haven't seen enough of him or if it is because the majority of us are too busy trying to defend Luongo.

Edited by LordofBrussels, 17 January 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,952 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Exactly, I'm a Schneider fan but don't hate Luongo. Why can't we just love both goalies instead of not liking one of the two.

307mg00.jpg

#15 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

My greatest hope for the beginning of the season is no slow start...no injuries, and no distractions.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#16 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

While it is true that the Luongo theme is the predominant one, it is not the only one. There is plenty of talk about Raymond, the Center issues, the new D signings, etc. and yet you don't really seem to care about those.

Your last 5 posts are either on a Luongo thread or about Luongo. It's a small sample but hey, I'm not going through all your 800+ posts. I also don't really care if you really do post on other threads. However, you did suggest that it's okay to be a Luongo basher while being a fan, which it is, but it looks to me, and perhaps to others on CDC, that your only motivation to even be on here is to do just that. While it's fine to criticize a player, if that's mostly what you do, you're not really contributing all that much as a fan.

I'd disagree about the Schneider bashers. The closest I've seen to that is people making direct comparisons between the 2 netminders and making conclusions out of it. Nobody really has "bashed" Schneider, whether it is because we haven't seen enough of him or if it is because the majority of us are too busy trying to defend Luongo.

Well this is a message forum. You have voiced your opinion which you are very much entitled to and I have done the same.
We might have to agree to disagree about the Schneider bashers however. I have seen plenty of posts from others basically suggesting that they would like to see him fail this season so that maybe there is a chance that Luongo will stay on with the Canucks. I might "bash" Luongo, but one thing is for certain, with no word of a lie, I have never rooted for him to fail.
Since we are being honest, I think of myself more as an avid Schneider supporter than a Luongo detractor. If Schneider wasn't here to takeover, I probably wouldn't be on Luongo's case so much. It really irks me reading all the stuff like "we'll never win without Luongo on the team", "Schneider's unproven", "Schneider will meltdown too", "Schneider's not fit to carry Luongo's hockeybag", etc. Like it or not, I'll reply with a counter-argument if I feel like it.
Anyway, there's supporters and non-supporters of both players, we all need to be around to keep the balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.