• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dilly Canuck

[Value Of] Nikolai Kulemin

I find him intriguing seeing how he had 38 points in 36games with Metallurg Magnetigorsk of the KHL (albeit on a line with Evgeni Malkin)which was good for 7th in scoring. He also lead the league in +/- at +25. Pretty impressive when you compare his stats to the likes of Ovechkin, Datsyuk and Lupul. He's big, strong and seems defensively responsible. Could be a fit under AV and on a line with Kes or the Sedins.

Wouldn't mind if he was included in a potential Luongo deal seeing how the Leafs have little to offer outside of Gardiner.

What do you guys think? Also if someone could post a link of the KHL stats that would be nice :)

Kulemin could be worth a gamble, he scored 30 a couple years ago. Even last year he was a +2 on a terrible Leafs team.

That said he scored 7 goals last season and makes 2.8 million. I don't think his value is very high, but he is still serviceable in a bottom 6 role.

To Toronto

Ballard

Raymond

Sweatt

To Vancouver

Franson

Kulemin

Connolly

He would only get numbers like that playing with Malkin. He'll be a 25-30 point player in the NHL for his entire career, he had one decent season.

He would only get numbers like that playing with Malkin. He'll be a 25-30 point player in the NHL for his entire career, he had one decent season.

Wasn't Connolly waived yesterday? :rolleyes:

And where I don't think Kulemin has the value as the key piece in a Lou trade; I'm pretty sure Ballard does not get you a 225 lb winger with 30 goals on his resume'

Kulemin could be worth a gamble, he scored 30 a couple years ago. Even last year he was a +2 on a terrible Leafs team.

That said he scored 7 goals last season and makes 2.8 million. I don't think his value is very high, but he is still serviceable in a bottom 6 role.

To Toronto

Ballard

Raymond

Sweatt

To Vancouver

Franson

Kulemin

Connolly

I don't think Toronto would let go of him so easily. He is a defensively responsible winger with enough size to be effective physically. Imo you don't get rid of players like these. Even if he is not good enough to be a second liner, he can still be effective on the third line.

Wasn't Connolly waived yesterday? :rolleyes:

And where I don't think Kulemin has the value as the key piece in a Lou trade; I'm pretty sure Ballard does not get you a 225 lb winger with 30 goals on his resume'