The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Nikolai Kulemin

I find him intriguing seeing how he had 38 points in 36games with Metallurg Magnetigorsk of the KHL (albeit on a line with Evgeni Malkin)which was good for 7th in scoring. He also lead the league in +/- at +25. Pretty impressive when you compare his stats to the likes of Ovechkin, Datsyuk and Lupul. He's big, strong and seems defensively responsible. Could be a fit under AV and on a line with Kes or the Sedins.

Wouldn't mind if he was included in a potential Luongo deal seeing how the Leafs have little to offer outside of Gardiner.

What do you guys think? Also if someone could post a link of the KHL stats that would be nice :)

Kulemin could be worth a gamble, he scored 30 a couple years ago. Even last year he was a +2 on a terrible Leafs team.

That said he scored 7 goals last season and makes 2.8 million. I don't think his value is very high, but he is still serviceable in a bottom 6 role.

To Toronto

Ballard

Raymond

Sweatt

To Vancouver

Franson

Kulemin

Connolly

Wasn't Connolly waived yesterday? :rolleyes:

And where I don't think Kulemin has the value as the key piece in a Lou trade; I'm pretty sure Ballard does not get you a 225 lb winger with 30 goals on his resume'

Kulemin could be worth a gamble, he scored 30 a couple years ago. Even last year he was a +2 on a terrible Leafs team.

That said he scored 7 goals last season and makes 2.8 million. I don't think his value is very high, but he is still serviceable in a bottom 6 role.

To Toronto

Ballard

Raymond

Sweatt

To Vancouver

Franson

Kulemin

Connolly

I don't think Toronto would let go of him so easily. He is a defensively responsible winger with enough size to be effective physically. Imo you don't get rid of players like these. Even if he is not good enough to be a second liner, he can still be effective on the third line.

Archived