The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Opening

Brendan Gaunce

Yeah the music to the opening video was meh and the change into the entrance music had no buildup. It was just a nondescript, bland pop mess.

U2 again please.

Everyone keep an eye on the Fort Nucks/Project NU2 page. They're apparently going to rotate the opening music and there may be a chance to make yourself heard on the options.

was at the game. Pure garbage intro. the video, music selection. The intro music... wtf was that?

DJ Dave is horrible.

I'm sure the 14 year olds on CDC were dancing along wearing their skinny jeans.

and how the hell can you be off for 8 months or whatever and still play the same identical songs and essentially at the same times?

Music selection is absolutely terrible. I'm not even a rock n roll guy personally but it goes with hockey. NOT Rihanna and Pitbull every 3rd freakin song.

And what's up with stupid sounds of explosions and firecrackers added in with the goal song? I can just picture DJ Dave up there with his $50 electronic keyboard that has the custom sounds and he's pushing away on them.

They sound terrible. Period.

A lot of people lost their jobs during the lockout, unfortunately the wrongs ones apparently kept theirs.

// season ticket holder rant.

This new intro is embarrassing. I dont understand what is so hard about making a good intro. Play an intense rock song, show some cool clips, use the fancy ass lasers they bought on the ice. It has to be rock. Enough with this pop/techno garbage. It doesnt go with hockey.

More rock less crap please.

Basically everything MegaNuck said..

I can't even put into words how offsetting hearing that opening was after waiting 8 months for hockey.. I don't see what was wrong with the U2 opening just because a guy on CDC made a thread about it. It gives me the chills whenever the Canucks skate out it and always reminds me of the great experiences we've had with this team. Some crappy pop tune doesn't energize the crowd at all.. So disappointed we still have DJ Dave.

And Green Day was great as our goal song, I don't know why we always have to mess with a good thing.

There are so many timeless songs out there that get people pumped up. Rock, Rap, Metal, hell even some techno. I find the music at the games atrocious and embarrassing. Like a hack wedding dj with some hits of 2001 CD. You want to make a better overall fan experience even when they lose? Start actually entertaining the fans and getting them stoked. Not hey kids, its Cotton Eyed Joe time.....BARRRRF

This new intro is embarrassing. I dont understand what is so hard about making a good intro. Play an intense rock song, show some cool clips, use the fancy ass lasers they bought on the ice. It has to be rock. Enough with this pop/techno garbage. It doesnt go with hockey.

More rock less crap please.

That Porter Robinson song is pretty good... but is absolutely horrible for a pregame video, it looked like the Canucks were skating into a rave not a hockey game.

The Canucks finally have full-time use of an on-ice projector, we need loud, angry, neo-classical music like ES Posthumus, Immediate Music, X-Ray Dog or Two Steps From Hell. Instead we have Ministry of Sound, which as awesome as it is isn't awesome before puck drop.

My god my ears are bleeding

Who wouldn't let in 5 goals on 14 shots

Like honestly you guys, we are constantly called the biggest fairies in the league

Just when you think U2 is the pinnacle of fairyness this crap comes on.

My god

Why?

Archived