Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#121 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

He wasn't. I just thought that a celebration like thatdcould cause trouble. People here take things and develop a pure mob mentality.

ya and supposed fans like you take the smallest thing and blow it out of proportion your the same type of fan that thought after one game that schneider should get traded instead of luongo

there's a great job for you go apply to any of the vancouver sports media they love taking small crap like this and thinking its a huge story

#122 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

He's what i would call an "aggressive hugger". He would grab on to you, shake you wildy while throwing small rabbit punches lol.

He is terrible. I still remember how he tried to hug Bieksa and go anal on him.

Posted Image

#123 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Some of you may have forgotten this, but I haven't and I'd bet Kassian is well aware of it as well.

Eager can get "overconfident", wreckless, and throw dangerous hits with the best of them.

Kassian plays very well with the Twins, bangs in a beauty of a goal, and then rocks a 240 lb heavyweight.

Shouldn't have been pumped at all.

Edited by oldnews, 21 January 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#124 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Didn't see the game but I love the celly. Nice to see him doing something to pump the crowd and the team up, cause the team could use some attitude and swagger right now.

#125 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Some of you people are so overly sensitive and dramatic with your reactions to these harmless celebrations. Its called emotion and its part of being a human. If you want to see non-emotional beings play hockey, then maybe you should go back to playing NHL 13 on your PS3. People here tell it like it is, if you don't like the responses then don't come up with stupid threads.

If you don't like the thread, you're free to leave. I'm not holding you back. Relax. Breath. Calm down.

#126 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Great game for him and a good fight but if I'm an NHL enforcer out there I'm making a mental note to wipe that smile off his face. Too cocky just yet; maybe after he beats a few more tough guys can he gloat. And of course it goes without saying that if it was Eager doing this after cutting Kassian while winning a fight he would be considered the biggest d bag in the history of hockey here at hypocrite central. After all Eager checked a Sedin!!

Fact of the matter is that Kassian is our top prospect and a potential star while Eager is just a neanderthal hired to babysit the Oiler kids by being a goon. Kassian's job is different than Eager yet Kassian succeeded in being better at Eager's job while still being able to do his job. It is definitely a cause for celebration, especially when that baboon got cut.

Posted Image

#127 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

ya and supposed fans like you take the smallest thing and blow it out of proportion your the same type of fan that thought after one game that schneider should get traded instead of luongo

there's a great job for you go apply to any of the vancouver sports media they love taking small crap like this and thinking its a huge story

funny thing is, it's all of you who blew this out of proportion :P

#128 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

If you don't like the thread, you're free to leave. I'm not holding you back. Relax. Breath. Calm down.

If I see stupid threads, I have the right to come there and criticizes it just like other people. You don't like it? too bad... Maybe you should go back to the Oilers forum and stop pretending to be a Canuck fan. Your avatar is just a dead giveaway as to who you really cheer for since Seth Jones is going to be drafted number 1 overall and we all know who drafts number 1 overall each and every year.

Posted Image

#129 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Looked to me like he didn't win anything, Eager got the take down and Kassian celebrates......me no understand? :blink:

"Takedowns" in a hockey fight is a complete joke. It's not MMA, what the hell does a takedown accomplish?

#130 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

If I see stupid threads, I have the right to come there and criticizes it just like other people. You don't like it? too bad... Maybe you should go back to the Oilers forum and stop pretending to be a Canuck fan. Your avatar is just a dead giveaway as to who you really cheer for since Seth Jones is going to be drafted number 1 overall and we all know who drafts number 1 overall each and every year.

See here's the thing, you just gave it away, you don't understand how the NHL works. See the Oilers got the first pick 3 yrs in a row, so they won't be getting Jones or MacKinnon for that matter. The chances of them getting a top 2 pick would be very slim. I recommend you read up more about the NHL, you seem pretty uninformed.

#131 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

Keep it up Kassassin your are a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kassian 2 Hodgson 1

#132 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Kassian's a bust LOLZZZZ

#133 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Gillis done found our guy.

#134 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

See here's the thing, you just gave it away, you don't understand how the NHL works. See the Oilers got the first pick 3 yrs in a row, so they won't be getting Jones or MacKinnon for that matter. The chances of them getting a top 2 pick would be very slim. I recommend you read up more about the NHL, you seem pretty uninformed.

How will reading up on the NHL determine where the Oilers pick during the draft? So since the Oilers were picking 1st overall 3 years in a row means that they are guaranteed to not pick #1 overall again in this draft? The way I see it is that the Oilers could very well end up last again just like last year.

Again, I really have to question your IQ and am not just talking about your hockey IQ.

Posted Image

#135 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

You've got a real classy Canadian attitude, eh?

Y'all were utterly outclassed by the Swedes haha.

#136 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I like this thread... 98% support Kas, the rest don't. Guess the lame attempt at getting Nucks fans to criticize him is a big fail.

'Merica!

#137 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

well if the oilers finish last in the conference which is very possible they would have another top pick so i think its you that doesn't understand how the nhl works see the team that is at the bottom picks higher than the team that finishes higher than that team

you see how that works

#138 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

How will reading up on the NHL determine where the Oilers pick during the draft? So since the Oilers were picking 1st overall 3 years in a row means that they are guaranteed to not pick #1 overall again in this draft? The way I see it is that the Oilers could very well end up last again just like last year.

Again, I really have to question your IQ and am not just talking about your hockey IQ.

:picard: They'll lose draft lottery balls in the draw and wind up not getting the first pick.

I strongly suggest you finish up high school and smarten up before coming back to these forums. I'm strongly questioning your IQ.

#139 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I like this thread... 98% support Kas, the rest don't. Guess the lame attempt at getting Nucks fans to criticize him is a big fail.

I'm still not liking the Hodgson/Kassian trade because I'm a big Hodgson fan but I liked what Kassian did tonight. I'm sure Kassian will grow on me but for now, I'm still going to constructively criticize Kassian and pay more attention to him.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#140 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUXekjZLXB0

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUXekjZLXB0

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

I think this team could use some cockiness and passion to be honest. I've seen it happen to the Canucks before and no It doesn't bother me one bit, it's a part of the game. If you are so sensitive about it go watch figure skating.

#141 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Sorta off topic but regarding Eager calling Bieksa a spot picker a few years back, look at him.

Ran away from Hordichuk, Thornton, and many other enforcers yet goes for an unproven sophmore who's having a great game?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#142 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

well he was probably the best canuck tonight. i did get pumped after he busted eager open. highlight of the night. the crowd was dead. it was depressing

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated.

I do take sig requests.

#143 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Kassian is supposed to be a top two line forward to help the team, with his speed, soft hands and physical play. It was jaunt stupid for Kassian to take himself out of the game by fighting with a 4th liner Eager. Kassian should not wait until he fractures his hand in a fight before he regrets.

#144 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I think this team could use some cockiness and passion to be honest. I've seen it happen to the Canucks before and no It doesn't bother me one bit, it's a part of the game. If you are so sensitive about it go watch figure skating.

idk figure skating can be hardcore at times. you know the way they wave to the crowd and blow kisses after completing their session. what arrogance, to taunt the other competitors like that

2dvpkl4.jpg

I do take sig requests.

#145 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Great game for him and a good fight but if I'm an NHL enforcer out there I'm making a mental note to wipe that smile off his face. Too cocky just yet; maybe after he beats a few more tough guys can he gloat. And of course it goes without saying that if it was Eager doing this after cutting Kassian while winning a fight he would be considered the biggest d bag in the history of hockey here at hypocrite central. After all Eager checked a Sedin!!

That's because Ben Eager is one of the biggest d-bags in hockey.
Posted Image

#146 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Kassian stepped up and fought the bad boy for the team and you, THE FANS. He wanted to pump up the team and the Fans after the Coliers tied it up. Kassian is such a good character guy! I like glad we have such a guy on the team.

#147 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

That's because Ben Eager is one of the biggest d-bags in hockey.

i like ben eager. he's a very considerate hockey player. he gives his opponents a chance to win the game. what a guy

2dvpkl4.jpg

I do take sig requests.

#148 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

:picard: They'll lose draft lottery balls in the draw and wind up not getting the first pick.

I strongly suggest you finish up high school and smarten up before coming back to these forums. I'm strongly questioning your IQ.

Seth Jones is going top 2 and if the Oilers finish last, then they will have the chance at either picking first or second (with higher chances of picking first overall). I really don't know how to explain it more clearly to you. Should I draw a picture for you?

Posted Image

#149 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

i like ben eager. he's a very considerate hockey player. he gives his opponents a chance to win the game. what a guy

I think Ben Eager likes you too. Maybe you could give him a back rub and sooth his aching head.
Posted Image

#150 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Sorta off topic but regarding Eager calling Bieksa a spot picker a few years back, look at him.

Ran away from Hordichuk, Thornton, and many other enforcers yet goes for an unproven sophmore who's having a great game?

Too bad for him that he didn't know Kassian could fight. I imagine he will run away from him in the future.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.