The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs. Flames [Jan 23rd 2013]

BananaMash

Lots of positive signs tonight

1. Kassian - yes he was an offensive star tonight but what I liked was the effort in back to backs. His TERRIFIC chemistry cycling with Hank and Dan, will only allow us to have Burr move to the second and become the playmaker with Kes. He threw alot of hits, protected the puck well and other than a few times wasn't out of position defensively too much. What I liked as well was his fight on that goal, and his energy when he scored, we're seeing his passion now, and that is what will help turn him into something great. Atta Boy Kass - Cody who? lol..this kid plays like this consistently, Barry Pedereson went the other way and we got Neely back, this is why MG traded for him and you're seeing what he has the POTENTIAL to become if he keeps working hard and gains consistency (last being the hardest but very tied to the first (work ethic, which he seems to have)).

2. Schnieds needed this one. He let in two off the post, no one is stopping that, and one off the post in the shootout, everything else, stoned. Nice comeback game atta boy.

3. Schroeder looked fine. Played well both ways and excellent on the pp. I think he should be centering line two and move Burr back to the wing.

4. Mayray, looked pretty good and a great snipe...no complaints.

5. Defense still giving up a little too much but improving. Did clear the puck well for the most part.

Good win, did what they needed. Stay out of the box and we win 4-0...

Archived