The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fantasy Hockey problem?

Primus099

the rules say game stars will get points too, so that needs to be added. and if it is, we as users need to know where we can check who was called a star for the game. Is that info on canucks.com anywhere?

Yes, the stars are recorded in the total points. There used to be an indicator of who actually was a star on the stats sheet but it appears to be missing now. It could have been because I changed a bunch of things recently but I will update that as well. Should be a minor edit.

Well hey Joe good on on you for getting on our concerns,sincerely.You are dealing with a mess that was created a few years ago when a perfectly good format was replaced with this current version of CFH.I believe in your first couple of posts to #14rules was that your doing this pro-bono.If that is correct you deserve some patience from the fans who play this pool.So gl and ty for your hard work!

bigbee65

All of the changes on the front end and the bug fixes have been done by me.

Any plans of adding a game by game leaderboard like before? I used to love refreshing the game leaderboard during the game to see how I'm doing compared to everyone else. I also liked the player stats feature from before where you could see the total fantasy hockey points each player has accumulated.

Any plans of adding a game by game leaderboard like before? I used to love refreshing the game leaderboard during the game to see how I'm doing compared to everyone else. I also liked the player stats feature from before where you could see the total fantasy hockey points each player has accumulated.

That could be something we can consider. I am not sure if it will be something to add this year but maybe for next season we can have a daily leader board

Hi Jigz,

I checked in the database and I didn't see a roster for the Carolina game under your account. Are you sure you were logged in when you saved it? We do allow rosters to be saved when not logged in for people who forgot to login or create an account first. The roster would be temporarily saved until you login and then you can load the roster you created when you weren't logged in.

Also how close to game time were you when you saved? Was it fairly close?

Joe,

I put it in after checking the NY results. I would have been logged in.

I checked my picks again before PVRing the game. Maybe that did something? Unless I removed players the original roster should have remained intact I' think.

Hi Jig,

Were you logged in before the NY game started and then left it alone for about 2 hours or more?

Then came back after the game and added your new roster for the next game?

When you came to check the roster for the next game did you have to manually login again or was your browser window still open?

I dont see any hits on my sheet but I went from #25 last night... to #73... like whats with that? Funny thing is everyone else on page 1... seems to have gone up on the board.... can some explain why I went to #73 ... this thing is really getting frusterating! You know you put alot of time into this and ... I cant say what I think!

I dont see any hits on my sheet but I went from #25 last night... to #73... like whats with that? Funny thing is everyone else on page 1... seems to have gone up on the board.... can some explain why I went to #73 ... this thing is really getting frusterating! You know you put alot of time into this and ... I cant say what I think!

The stats were incorrect for a while. I will go over the issue in detail.

This was brought up recently and I posted here that I was going to fix it. On the rules it says that each hit will count as 2 points. However, when I looked into things I noticed that the hits were not being recorded. The hits were also not being shown on the player stat sheets (I haven't updated this part yet) on the roster pages. I just fixed this by adding it in and updating the entire the database to show the correct totals for everyone.

I understand its frustrating but I do believe this is the last of the common errors that were happening with the application. You should notice that even though you dropped in the rankings you should have more points because the hits are recorded now. It just might be that the people below you had recorded more hits in their roster picks.

So just to clarify, on the player sheets the hits aren't there but they are calculated in the total score. Later I will make a minor update that will show the hits.

Joe,

Honestly can't remember but I'm pretty sure I had to manually log in again. I checked the NY stats well after the game ended

Hi Jigz,

Its a little hard to say for sure what happened but there is an automatic logout that occurs when you are vacant from the site for 2 hours. I am going to change this so that the only way you logout is by clicking on the logout link at the top. This may avoid some confusion when using the site.

I will also change the color of the popup window that occurs when you temporarily save a roster in a non logged in session from green to yellow to avoid any confusion to whether or not the roster was saved properly.

This game is broken still....I really dont want to see no win for Lou and no star's getting their 10 points!I keep falling way behind because, I ,as well as other's are not getting proper point calculation

still...Try again next year I guess...

Its not exactly broken. It is tallying things properly when it grabs the data. The problem is we get the stats from the NHL's main site and its a little inconsistent sometimes. We grab the data frequently to update the players stats during the game. At the end of the game we update the player stats and the users total points. Then we stop checking until midnight where I setup another check to update everything in case there were stat changes (Goals awarded or taken away from players). The NHL stat sheet had no win on the sheet for Luongo and no stars when the game was over, but they are on there now and probably shortly after the game was over. So the second check will be tonight which will update the stats more accurately.

I am still figuring out how the NHL data is updated on the fly and trying to make our system work with it as accurately as possible. I believe I can make this better though knowing that some stats aren't complete when the game is over right away. But for now I want to see the system update the stats on its own tonight and see if thats working properly.

Then I will work on a fix for more accurate updating right after the game.

visually signifying the 3 stars of the game is TERRIFIC :towel:

AND it goes all the way back to the start of the season :)

NICE WORK & much appreciated

OK,I see it today!And yes Tacoma fan it is terrific!Thankyou Joe once again.I have moved up considerably closer to first page.

Just so everyone is aware I will be looking closely at NHL's stats during tonights game and seeing how they are updated. Once I have a good idea of how it updates on the fly I will integrate something in the system which will update things like the 3 stars and the goalie win stat right after the game as opposed to later at night.

Just so everyone is aware I will be looking closely at NHL's stats during tonights game and seeing how they are updated. Once I have a good idea of how it updates on the fly I will integrate something in the system which will update things like the 3 stars and the goalie win stat right after the game as opposed to later at night.

Are all the stats for previous games finalized now? ie hits, 3 stars, and goalie wins? I want to make sure I won't keep randomly fluctuating in the standings!

Thanks for all the help.

Archived