Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Any out of country/continent canucks fans?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 theax

theax

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Nuremberg, Germany,
First time in Vancouver 1993,
I love Canada and BC, been there 3 times,
Canucks fan since 2005
Games start here in Germany at 4am,
And I watch the games as often as possible,
but most of the times only on the weekend,
Go canucks go...

#32 Londonuck

Londonuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

South London England.

Back in N Van in last 11 months.

Be following since 98 when Don used to bash everyone up

#33 lemonway

lemonway

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

From Jakarta, Indonesia. First time watching the Canucks on a cable TV channel in 2011 and have been a big fan of Canucks and hockey ever since. (I've never watched hockey before that, not a very popular sport in my country) Then I moved to Vancouver in 2012 for my studies (and Canucks). ::D

#34 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well this doesn`t really count because I am from Vancouver, but this year I am studying in Paris! So I have been awake till 7 in the morning to watch the first 4 games.... This season is going to ruin me...

No videos in sig please. 

#35 yonster101

yonster101

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Israel here. Born and raised in Van city though.

#36 yonster101

yonster101

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

On this note, I think we should all take this opportunity to thank the hockey gods for NHL Gamecenter..

#37 Baslund

Baslund

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Alkmaar, The Netherlands. After a visit to the west coast I became a fan. I went to my first Canucks last winter in Montreal.

My second game is planned for next season.

RETIRE NUMBER #19

#38 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

From Vancouver moved to Sweden 13 years ago.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#39 todos_somos_Canucks

todos_somos_Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Santiago, Chile. Born and raised in Van though.
Ni på andra sidan är ni klara!?!?

#40 ilovewinona

ilovewinona

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Sweden says hello!

I can't remember why I started cheering for the Canucks. Back in the day (early 90's) I was a die hard Sharks fan, mainly because of their cool logo. How ever, sometime around the last lock out I stopped caring for the NHL and when I came back I picked a new favorite team, which I am very happy about! Even though cheering for a Western Conference team means staying up really late (the games usually start at 4 am).

oa1ztd.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the sig.

#41 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I live in Iowa, but grew up in Regina, SK for more than 10 years. Became a Canucks fan right at the time Pavel Bure entered the league. Was a young lad when the team made it's 94 Stanley Cup run and have been a huge fan for more than 20 years now. Go Canucks!

#42 dustman

dustman

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

hi from Hungary...came from a really really small town.(~1200 people) started to cheer for the Canucks in 2010 (just before the playoff started),because of the winter olymics and my favourite show was how i met your mother. ::D

#43 murraycraven

murraycraven

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

From Gothenburg, Sweden. I blame the 94 playoffs, the NHLPA 93 video game and the black-yellow-red jerseys.

#44 mancaesar

mancaesar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

POPULAR

Born in Boston, grew up in Victoria, B.C. and have lived in Taiwan for the past 7 years. Home games start at 11:00 a.m. here. Thankfully some 400 year old remnants of Portuguese culture have survived here, including the notion of mid-day siestas. I specifically only accepted a job where I get an extended lunch break from 11:30 - 2:00. I get to watch almost every game, minus a few minutes of 1st period action.

--

Despite being originally from Boston, make no mistake, there was not one cell in my body with any shred of love for those thrice-cursed troglodytes in 2011. There is only room for one group of sweaty, physically fit men in this guy's heart, and they wear green and blue and listen to U2.

John Paul II made a saint. John Garrett next?

#45 canuck_raider

canuck_raider

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I live in Oakland, California! Born and raised in BC, hence being a Canucks fan.....forever and for always :)

#46 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Carol Stream, IL - USA

become a Canucks fan at the start of '91 season...Bure's rookie year.

#47 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Good on you all for staying up so late/waking up so early to catch the games, good to see a lot of international fans out there, even if you a lot of you were born here, it's cool to see.

As far as I know there's a lot of canucks fans in australia for some reason, but I guess most of them don't post here.

#48 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

BRAZIL.

land of Embraer and of 3 Formula-1 Champions...

visited Vancouver (and some cities of BC) 2 years ago and loved every single centimeter of the city, state and country, very nice people, very nice city. was very nice see a city with polite people and see that other countries like other sports apart from soccer/football. Enjoyed hoquey too, saw some games in Rogers Arena. had some problems to understand the rules at the beggining but understood later. now my entire family support Canucks. probably we are the only people in Brazil that donīt like soccer, but we donīt care...

my biggest problem is to see the games, the ESPN here only show a very few games and Iīm not able to see them all, last year the ESPN showed only one single game of Canucks. thereīs no "NHL TV" avaliable here and I canīt request on a especific package. (as is was in USA and I saw many and many games)

what makes me angry here is because everything is soccer, all sports channels show soccer, everytime, everyday. soccer from many countries, many games...

they donīt show the NFL, the NHL, Beiseball, NASCAR, INDY Car Series, Formula-1. itīs only the stupid soccer 24 hours a day!

So if you donīt like soccer and you live in Brazil prepare to suffer. really, Brazilians are very racists about this. if you donīt like soccer youīre screwed here...

Go Canucks Go!

Vai Canucks Vai!
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#49 Roflcawptur

Roflcawptur

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm from Kansas. I became a fan when I went to see them play the blues and the blues were being tools. Hockey was the coolest sport I'd ever seen and the 'Nucks were incredible. GO CANUCKS GO!

:canucks: Proud Canuck from Kansas City :canucks:

Bieksa.png

#50 Roflcawptur

Roflcawptur

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

On this note, I think we should all take this opportunity to thank the hockey gods for NHL Gamecenter..

Amen.

:canucks: Proud Canuck from Kansas City :canucks:

Bieksa.png

#51 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Southern Cali. I know a couple of Nucks fans down here. We get alot of grief, but who cares. You luv and support your team no matter what anyone says :)

'Merica!

#52 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Me!

#53 sandlakian

sandlakian

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

North Carolina. From Vancouver Island, went to college down here and have hung around ever since. Very grateful for the Center Ice package.

#54 Utah Canuck Fan

Utah Canuck Fan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

From Utah. When i was 19 I went on a 2 year Mormon Mission to BC. I didn't get to watch any then, but just really loved Vancouver and the rest of BC. When I got back I started to play Ice Hockey a little bit and started to follow the Canucks. That was about 10 years ago.

One interesting thing I learned a few months ago was that Claude Julien and Alain Vigneault were teammates on the Salt Lake City Golden Eagles when we had a CHL team like in '82. I sold my car to a guy that was a skater assistant coach or something like that that knew both of them.

Not much hockey going on here, people look at me funny when I play hockey on my driveway with my daughter. But a few months ago I did just join an adult league team and had some fun before my knee got re-injured. I finally got surgery and am glad that NHL came back so at least I can watch some games since I can't play while I recover.

#55 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Live in Chicago but was born in Russia. Became a canucks fan because of pavel bure. He's a national hero in Russia and the Canucks are one of the most supported teams by Russians.

"IN SOVIET RUSSIA CANUCKS SUPPORTS YOU!"I couldnīt resist dude. just kidding ok? :D
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#56 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm from Brazil. Went to Vancouver in 2010 to study, and it was my first contact with a city that breathes hockey. I fell in love with hockey, and with the Canucks by the time I watched my first game. Soccer is everywhere here, but right now, I prefer hockey to soccer.

Games starts at 1AM, but I stay up until 4 to watch the full game. It's worth it. All I want is to go back to Vancouver to watch my first game at Rogers Arena.

#57 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

BRAZIL.

land of Embraer and of 3 Formula-1 Champions...

visited Vancouver (and some cities of BC) 2 years ago and loved every single centimeter of the city, state and country, very nice people, very nice city. was very nice see a city with polite people and see that other countries like other sports apart from soccer/football. Enjoyed hoquey too, saw some games in Rogers Arena. had some problems to understand the rules at the beggining but understood later. now my entire family support Canucks. probably we are the only people in Brazil that don´t like soccer, but we don´t care...

my biggest problem is to see the games, the ESPN here only show a very few games and I´m not able to see them all, last year the ESPN showed only one single game of Canucks. there´s no "NHL TV" avaliable here and I can´t request on a especific package. (as is was in USA and I saw many and many games)

what makes me angry here is because everything is soccer, all sports channels show soccer, everytime, everyday. soccer from many countries, many games...

they don´t show the NFL, the NHL, Beiseball, NASCAR, INDY Car Series, Formula-1. it´s only the stupid soccer 24 hours a day!

So if you don´t like soccer and you live in Brazil prepare to suffer. really, Brazilians are very racists about this. if you don´t like soccer you´re screwed here...

Go Canucks Go!

Vai Canucks Vai!

Hey, great to see a brazilian down here. Wasn't expecting that hahaha

I don't want to start a discussion, but Brazil it's not like what you said. There's plenty of NFL, MLB, Nascar in ESPN and Fox Sports. We had 5 games a week of the NFL this season. F1 is broadcasted by our biggest TV company. And you can obviously live here without liking soccer, I have tons of friends who don't give a crap about the sport and live normally. Yes, there's plenty of stuff involving soccer, but just ignore it.

ESPN will start broadcasting the NHL, but it will be probably just 2 games a week, tops. I watch every game of the Canucks online. You can buy the NHL livepass, I know guys here who bought it.

#58 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Vancouver boy.
Live in Hong Kong now.

#59 Inthedark

Inthedark

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Almere, the Netherlands.
Been many short nights since the arrival of cable internet. Been a fan since my sister brought me a Bure Jersey in '94.

Edited by Inthedark, 27 January 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

Saving up for the next trip!

#60 SkateLogoWasBetter

SkateLogoWasBetter

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Long Island NY. I wanted to pick a team no one else cheered for in 1988. You couldn't possibly find a squad more underrepresented in a sea of Islander/Ranger/Devil fans than Vancouver. SO I started cheering for Trevor Linden and then some Russian kid started to make some noise and everyone knew who the Canucks were
Posted Image">

My expansive Sami Salo Game worn collection: sami-salo.webs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.