The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any out of country/continent canucks fans?

schneider

I live in Iowa, but grew up in Regina, SK for more than 10 years. Became a Canucks fan right at the time Pavel Bure entered the league. Was a young lad when the team made it's 94 Stanley Cup run and have been a huge fan for more than 20 years now. Go Canucks!

hi from Hungary...came from a really really small town.(~1200 people) started to cheer for the Canucks in 2010 (just before the playoff started),because of the winter olymics and my favourite show was how i met your mother. ::D

Born in Boston, grew up in Victoria, B.C. and have lived in Taiwan for the past 7 years. Home games start at 11:00 a.m. here. Thankfully some 400 year old remnants of Portuguese culture have survived here, including the notion of mid-day siestas. I specifically only accepted a job where I get an extended lunch break from 11:30 - 2:00. I get to watch almost every game, minus a few minutes of 1st period action.

--

Despite being originally from Boston, make no mistake, there was not one cell in my body with any shred of love for those thrice-cursed troglodytes in 2011. There is only room for one group of sweaty, physically fit men in this guy's heart, and they wear green and blue and listen to U2.

Good on you all for staying up so late/waking up so early to catch the games, good to see a lot of international fans out there, even if you a lot of you were born here, it's cool to see.

As far as I know there's a lot of canucks fans in australia for some reason, but I guess most of them don't post here.

BRAZIL.

land of Embraer and of 3 Formula-1 Champions...

visited Vancouver (and some cities of BC) 2 years ago and loved every single centimeter of the city, state and country, very nice people, very nice city. was very nice see a city with polite people and see that other countries like other sports apart from soccer/football. Enjoyed hoquey too, saw some games in Rogers Arena. had some problems to understand the rules at the beggining but understood later. now my entire family support Canucks. probably we are the only people in Brazil that don´t like soccer, but we don´t care...

my biggest problem is to see the games, the ESPN here only show a very few games and I´m not able to see them all, last year the ESPN showed only one single game of Canucks. there´s no "NHL TV" avaliable here and I can´t request on a especific package. (as is was in USA and I saw many and many games)

what makes me angry here is because everything is soccer, all sports channels show soccer, everytime, everyday. soccer from many countries, many games...

they don´t show the NFL, the NHL, Beiseball, NASCAR, INDY Car Series, Formula-1. it´s only the stupid soccer 24 hours a day!

So if you don´t like soccer and you live in Brazil prepare to suffer. really, Brazilians are very racists about this. if you don´t like soccer you´re screwed here...

Go Canucks Go!

Vai Canucks Vai!

From Utah. When i was 19 I went on a 2 year Mormon Mission to BC. I didn't get to watch any then, but just really loved Vancouver and the rest of BC. When I got back I started to play Ice Hockey a little bit and started to follow the Canucks. That was about 10 years ago.

One interesting thing I learned a few months ago was that Claude Julien and Alain Vigneault were teammates on the Salt Lake City Golden Eagles when we had a CHL team like in '82. I sold my car to a guy that was a skater assistant coach or something like that that knew both of them.

Not much hockey going on here, people look at me funny when I play hockey on my driveway with my daughter. But a few months ago I did just join an adult league team and had some fun before my knee got re-injured. I finally got surgery and am glad that NHL came back so at least I can watch some games since I can't play while I recover.

I'm from Brazil. Went to Vancouver in 2010 to study, and it was my first contact with a city that breathes hockey. I fell in love with hockey, and with the Canucks by the time I watched my first game. Soccer is everywhere here, but right now, I prefer hockey to soccer.

Games starts at 1AM, but I stay up until 4 to watch the full game. It's worth it. All I want is to go back to Vancouver to watch my first game at Rogers Arena.

BRAZIL.

land of Embraer and of 3 Formula-1 Champions...

visited Vancouver (and some cities of BC) 2 years ago and loved every single centimeter of the city, state and country, very nice people, very nice city. was very nice see a city with polite people and see that other countries like other sports apart from soccer/football. Enjoyed hoquey too, saw some games in Rogers Arena. had some problems to understand the rules at the beggining but understood later. now my entire family support Canucks. probably we are the only people in Brazil that don´t like soccer, but we don´t care...

my biggest problem is to see the games, the ESPN here only show a very few games and I´m not able to see them all, last year the ESPN showed only one single game of Canucks. there´s no "NHL TV" avaliable here and I can´t request on a especific package. (as is was in USA and I saw many and many games)

what makes me angry here is because everything is soccer, all sports channels show soccer, everytime, everyday. soccer from many countries, many games...

they don´t show the NFL, the NHL, Beiseball, NASCAR, INDY Car Series, Formula-1. it´s only the stupid soccer 24 hours a day!

So if you don´t like soccer and you live in Brazil prepare to suffer. really, Brazilians are very racists about this. if you don´t like soccer you´re screwed here...

Go Canucks Go!

Vai Canucks Vai!

Archived