Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else get offered tickets (blue line)?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Got an e-mail offering me a 5 game ice pak or 10 game "half season" tickets. Ticket holder prices (e.g. $47 for upper bowl). Just wondering if everyone on blue line got this email?

The cheating in this game has already ruined it for me. I don't think you can get a fair game in Toronto so I'm turning over to the Maine vs Lowell game at 5.

@salmonberries you whining about refs already again? Every single game we lose you whine and cry about cheating or refs. I didn't see you whining about how the Penguins got screwed by the refs on Thursday and we got "handed" a 3-0 win. No complaints about the refs in that game?????????????????

That's because we won that one game you dope. Jeezus you're dense kid.

#2 ChocolateMooCow

ChocolateMooCow

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yes. You should buy them right away. It is not a scam.

#3 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

not really surprise. I see quite alot of tickets available for most games. they probably gonna bundle alot of them together

#4 Lukenelson

Lukenelson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

My family got the offer and we bought 10 games for the rest of the year, with a promise that we would become 1/2 season ticket holders in 2013/14 if we wanted to.

This is our third season after four years of being on the wait-list. We have had an 11 game ice pack every year and only got to move up this year to slightly better-but-still-upper-bowl-in-the-corner seats. Now we're officially half season ticket holders with a chance for much better seats.

It's much earlier than I expected to reach that level and if I'm honest, if indeed the lockout is a prime cause of this offer being made, it makes the whole thing easier to stomach .

#5 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

My son got the email/offer too.

Posted Image

#6 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

good price
Posted Image

#7 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

My family got the offer and we bought 10 games for the rest of the year, with a promise that we would become 1/2 season ticket holders in 2013/14 if we wanted to.

This is our third season after four years of being on the wait-list. We have had an 11 game ice pack every year and only got to move up this year to slightly better-but-still-upper-bowl-in-the-corner seats. Now we're officially half season ticket holders with a chance for much better seats.

It's much earlier than I expected to reach that level and if I'm honest, if indeed the lockout is a prime cause of this offer being made, it makes the whole thing easier to stomach .

Yeah I was wondering about the renewal opportunity, etc. I took the ice-pak instead of half seasons, because I am waiting for full seasons instead. From what I can tell, it is from when you get your first full-season tickets that your, for lack of a better word, "seniority" starts with the club.

What im confused about is, once you take an ice pak/half season, are you still on the waiting list? Or do you enter a new list of ice pak/half season holders instead? It's an odd way their system is setup. I am guessing it goes season > half season > ice pak > waiting list? They figure anyone who has an ice pak or half season tickets must have been on the waiting list. What confuses me is, does that mean some people could jump ahead in line if they choose an ice pak or half seasons (versus those who decide not to?). The email was unclear on that.

The cheating in this game has already ruined it for me. I don't think you can get a fair game in Toronto so I'm turning over to the Maine vs Lowell game at 5.

@salmonberries you whining about refs already again? Every single game we lose you whine and cry about cheating or refs. I didn't see you whining about how the Penguins got screwed by the refs on Thursday and we got "handed" a 3-0 win. No complaints about the refs in that game?????????????????

#8 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yeah I was wondering about the renewal opportunity, etc. I took the ice-pak instead of half seasons, because I am waiting for full seasons instead. From what I can tell, it is from when you get your first full-season tickets that your, for lack of a better word, "seniority" starts with the club.

What im confused about is, once you take an ice pak/half season, are you still on the waiting list? Or do you enter a new list of ice pak/half season holders instead? It's an odd way their system is setup. I am guessing it goes season > half season > ice pak > waiting list? They figure anyone who has an ice pak or half season tickets must have been on the waiting list. What confuses me is, does that mean some people could jump ahead in line if they choose an ice pak or half seasons (versus those who decide not to?). The email was unclear on that.

better if u take half season, it's easy to upgrade to full season the following year... i did that a few years ago..

#9 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

wow $47 dollars per game that is really cheap. I totally would take that offer if I got it and if I had money. So um are the wait lists just for season tickets or can you get on a wait list for the half season tickets/ 5 game ice packs?

2en5jwi.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#10 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

WOW LUCKY :(

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#11 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

wow $47 dollars per game that is really cheap. I totally would take that offer if I got it and if I had money. So um are the wait lists just for season tickets or can you get on a wait list for the half season tickets/ 5 game ice packs?

I think the waitlist is for season tickets.. SO like 41 games per season

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#12 LouKesBurr

LouKesBurr

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I bought a 5 game ice pak and since I already purchased a 3 game power play pak earlier on it acts as a half season renewal for next season! Does anyone know if the tickets will be available already to pick up at will call?
Posted Image

#13 lawrry

lawrry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Checked the site just now....most of the cheap seats ($47 +tax) are gone now so I am left with $128 seats...center ice...Rows 24 or 25...which isn't bad but I need to see some of them in order to go to the games so I gave up after looking at the check out price of $1200 for 5 games....(for 2 people)
The Good is the ENEMY of the Best!

#14 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Checked the site just now....most of the cheap seats ($47 +tax) are gone now so I am left with $128 seats...center ice...Rows 24 or 25...which isn't bad but I need to see some of them in order to go to the games so I gave up after looking at the check out price of $1200 for 5 games....(for 2 people)

Even yesterday I couldn't find too many for $47. I ended up getting 2 of the games for $47, and the other 3 games for $59. I had to take Phoenix/Minnesota/Columbis/Phoenix/Anaheim though.....

I am still wondering about renewals etc. The bottom of the email says all renewals will be for "best seats available". Basically I get the impression next season if you get a renewal opportunity it will be for expensive seats and each game different. One nice thing about season tickets is the ability to have the same seats, get to know those around you at the game, etc.

#15 Knuckleheadz

Knuckleheadz

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

A normal ice pack gives u the same seats for all games too. These special packs are the reason you are getting different seats

I have a half season and by purchasing a 10 game pack they said I will get full seasons tickets next year

#16 Knuckleheadz

Knuckleheadz

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

A normal ice pack gives u the same seats for all games too. These special packs are the reason you are getting different seats

I have a half season and by purchasing a 10 game pack they said I will get full seasons tickets next year

#17 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

So just got my renewal package in the mail. Since I ended up getting two ice paks I guess they upgraded it to half season tickets which is cool.

Wondering if anyone here who is a season ticket holder and wanted 2 more tickets (e.g., go from 2 to 4), I guess you have to get back on the waiting list and start over again for the extra 2? Or do season ticket holders who want more tickets get a quicker route?

#18 LouKesBurr

LouKesBurr

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

So just got my renewal package in the mail. Since I ended up getting two ice paks I guess they upgraded it to half season tickets which is cool.

Wondering if anyone here who is a season ticket holder and wanted 2 more tickets (e.g., go from 2 to 4), I guess you have to get back on the waiting list and start over again for the extra 2? Or do season ticket holders who want more tickets get a quicker route?

I'm waiting for my half season renewal package. Do you know what the down payment is?
Posted Image

#19 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm waiting for my half season renewal package. Do you know what the down payment is?

It's 10% on April 26th. It's like $300 or something for half season holders...

#20 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

That's what I did, game packs, half season, full season. I think upper bowl is the way to go. I have lower bowls and have a hard time trying get someone to share or take it off me this season. I'm assuming bc lower bowl is too expensive, slight chance it could be of condensed season

#21 JD1010

JD1010

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have full season tickets and finally got my icepack upgraded to half season. So now i have full and half season. One day ill have 4 in a row full season tix.

#22 rb4u

rb4u

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Someone explain to me how they can announce nightly "sellouts" with so many seats available?.... (question asked with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Edited by rb4u, 10 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#23 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Someone explain to me how they can announce nightly "sellouts" with so many seats available?.... (question asked with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

A sellout means that every single seat has been paid for. If you see lots of empty seats, it means:

1) That person couldn't make it to the game.
2) Corporate seat that didn't get filled
3) Someone is at the washroom/food court

The best time to gauge empty seats is about 5 minutes into the 2nd period. That's when the most people will be in the seats. You'll find almost all seats are taken, maybe about 500 empty. But figure... if there's 500 seats empty, that's like 1/45th of the total capacity of the arena, or about 1 game a year per person. So if you had season tickets and missed just 1 game a year, or were unable to sell it, then you'd be part of those 500 empty seats a game.

And of course, some games are less desirable than others... you'll find more empty seats at games against Columbus or Phoenix than you will against Detroit or Toronto.

#24 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have full season tickets and finally got my icepack upgraded to half season. So now i have full and half season. One day ill have 4 in a row full season tix.

Yeah I am thinking of getting on the blue line waiting list for another 2 tickets now, so I can have 4 in a row again. I am thinking this might be a good year to do it, before the playoffs etc.

That's what I did, game packs, half season, full season. I think upper bowl is the way to go. I have lower bowls and have a hard time trying get someone to share or take it off me this season. I'm assuming bc lower bowl is too expensive, slight chance it could be of condensed season

Yeah I want upper bowl seats, way easier to resell it seems. The $42 ones are the best, easy to sell them off on stubhub and stuff because they will always be listed the cheapest, and for big games like Detroit and Toronto they seem to sell for close to triple if people want to resell them. I know some fans sell the premium games for 2x to 3x and then go to the crappy games. If you sold half your tickets (premium games) for double the paid price, then you could go arguably go to 23 games a year for free! Same thing with playoffs... sell off one game, go to another.

#25 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Anyone know if u can switch names on the account... One of my friend don't want season tickets anymore, I would like to take it over.

#26 Lers780

Lers780

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Anyone have experience buying half season tickets before?

I got my renewal package today and it says my invoice total is approx. $5250, which works out to $120 per ticket. It says that my seats arent selected yet...so just wondering how they come up with these totals.

Do they charge you based on a lower bowl ticket ($120 sounds about right) and then based on what tickets you end up getting refund you the amount if you end up getting some seats which are cheaper?

Thanks for any info

#27 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Anyone know if u can switch names on the account... One of my friend don't want season tickets anymore, I would like to take it over.

No you can't. Only immediate family members can take over tickets. But you can just assume unofficial ownership each year by buying the ticks from your friend.

#28 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Anyone have experience buying half season tickets before?

I got my renewal package today and it says my invoice total is approx. $5250, which works out to $120 per ticket. It says that my seats arent selected yet...so just wondering how they come up with these totals.

Do they charge you based on a lower bowl ticket ($120 sounds about right) and then based on what tickets you end up getting refund you the amount if you end up getting some seats which are cheaper?

Thanks for any info

That's really odd. I renewed half season tickets and my invoice total was around $2500 for 2 tickets. I was charged for "Upper Bowl III Def" tickets. You appear to have been charged for "Lower Bowl II Def" tickets. So no, everyone isn't charged for lower bowl tickets. Not sure how they decide what is what. Was your package you picked in selection mostly lower bowl seats? I selected all upper bowl seats in my package, so perhaps that is how they decide.

#29 Lers780

Lers780

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

That's really odd. I renewed half season tickets and my invoice total was around $2500 for 2 tickets. I was charged for "Upper Bowl III Def" tickets. You appear to have been charged for "Lower Bowl II Def" tickets. So no, everyone isn't charged for lower bowl tickets. Not sure how they decide what is what. Was your package you picked in selection mostly lower bowl seats? I selected all upper bowl seats in my package, so perhaps that is how they decide.

I tried to select as many upper bowl games as I could, but ended up with 2/10 being lower bowl. So yeah the majority of the games I chose were upper bowl. Thanks for the info, I will give them a call and see why they are charging me for all lower bowl...$2500 sounds a lot more appealing :)Thanks!

#30 Lers780

Lers780

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hey Donald,Sorry one more question.  Did you just convert off the blueline and this will be your first time having "Half season" tickets?  Not counting the random "Pick a pack" they offered midway through this season.

I called them and they said that since I am converting off the blueline that is what they charge and then sometime during the summer I can go in to pick my seats and they adjust the invoice accordingly.

Edited by Lers780, 11 April 2013 - 12:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.