The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Canucks 3 Oilers 2 F/OT

cmpunk

so what was the reason Kassian got tossed from the 1st line looked like they had a few chances in the first when no one else did anything...

either way Burr looked good with the twins as usual,

Luu was great,

and over all it was a good game.

Chris ******** Tanev!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boyyyy!

So happy it was such a meaningful goal for his first, he's always played so well, deserved it.

Raymond and Schroeds with another solid game, both with a point. Keep it up.

Hansen lookin better every game

Higgins even looked decent.

Sedins with a couple legit plays, but need to do better, esp on PP.

Would have loved a regulation win for a change, but I'll take the OT win. Great setup by the Sedins, finally some of the short, quick, tape-to-tape passes they are known for and it's in the back of the net before the other team even knows what happened. Love Tanev, great time for his first NHL goal, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and more consistent player. Love the fact that he didn't go sliding down the ice like a moron, and instead celebrated with his team (and the WHOLE team showed up to celebrate it). That's how you celebrate a big goal! Facewashes!

Dubnyk is a very funny goalie.. Looks great for the majority of the game albeit i did think most of our chances were weak shots from the outside then lets in 2 terrible goals lol...we'll take it not a great game by any stretch but we won. The Sedins have a terrible game then boom amazing passing play to win it..not sure they've turned any point but at least they finally contributed.

We have a fairly light schedual coming up i think the earliest we see Kesler is the 17th.

This was a well coached game by Av, I really enjoyed his line combos in this one, kassian didnt bring it so burr took over, i also like the 2nd and 3rd line loved the chemistry of hansen schroed and ray they played hard and also the third line of max and higgi looked solid, i hope to see them with burr next game, and weise was back where he belongs, but overall great game by lu, tanev and the team.

Go Nucks Go

Contrary to most people, I thought Bieksa had a good game. He played physical, didn't take bad gambles and thought he was relatively steady.

I normally dont agree with AV but I thought he had a great feel to move Burrows on the Sedin line. Oilers arent a big intimidating team and we didn't need Kassian defending the Sedins, we needed a speedier winger like Burrows who can get to the puck faster. As much as I've been happy with Kassian's play, I was hoping he would bang some bodies tonight and create havoc on a younger more skilled team but Kassian looked slow and content on playing a finesse game and was rather ineffective tonight.

Higgins and Hansen had a pretty solid game as they were skating hard and was effective on the forecheck.

I'm fairly certain now that Jason Garrison isn't a very good player, I'm sortof hoping they amnesty him next summer. He's soft on the puck, doesn't have a great first pass, not physical... prove me wrong Garrison!

What a great win! I was at the game tonight and I was getting heckled so bad all game with my old Bertuzzi Jersey on and about Luongo and the Nucks then .......Whammmmo huge overtime shoot out save! Awesome game for a Canucks die hard in oil country.

Louuuuu!

What else is there to say?

Archived