26 replies to this topic

#1 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think more credit should go to Ballard for the Tanev goal than the twins because if Ballard didn't get the puck to Daniel there would have been no way the goal happens and he took two oilers out of the play by drawing them to him. I find it weird that everyone hates on Ballard when something goes wrong but say nothing when he does something good.

Edited by mbal23, 05 February 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#2 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

POPULAR

Yea, um... they said that on TV...

and... people haven't been hating on Ballard lately because he's been playing well so far this year...

so...

Go Ballard!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#3 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

In all fairness, don't you think it's because of his horrible giveaways/shot setups for the Oilers last night?
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#4 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

In all fairness, don't you think it's because of his horrible giveaways/shot setups for the Oilers last night?

All of our d gave the oilers chances

#5 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Surprising turn of events as of late; Edler has been the one giving me the scares when he has the puck. He's been doing all kinds of weirdness with it... And Ballard again has been confident and reliable with the puck and looked much better than at any stage of his stay here. Tanev too - of course. But everyone knows that already.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#6 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

"blinded by the light of thine own ego"? .. if you look for fault, you will always find it! ..

Ballard was not "great" last night, but up until now, he, Hamhuis and Tanev have been our most consistently good D-men ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#7 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

All of our d gave the oilers chances

I don't remember Tanev trying for an Edmonton assist but I definitely remember the other D making some seriously bad plays, sadly no argument there. :sadno: That being said, Ballard was back to his "blindly pass the puck to the front of our own freaking net...and then repeat often" trick I was hoping he was past this season.

But credit where credit is due, he's been playing better this season than last. I really like him and Tanev together, but obviously Ballard still has work to do.

My point was I don't think we should bend over backwards to give him credit for doing his job on a particular play in a game where he personally set up several Oilers for shots on net.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#8 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I would personally love to see what Ballard could do with some time on the pp. Alain Vigneault is driving this guy into the ground.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#9 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ballard has always been a decent D-man and has always been a quick smooth skater. He's just always been burried on the bottom pairing from Vigneault.

Ballard belongs in the top 4, always has..

#10 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I think more credit should go to credit for the Tanev goal than the twins because if Ballard didn't get the puck to Daniel there would have been no way the goal happens and he took two oilers out of the play by drawing them to him. I find it weird that everyone hates on Ballard when something goes wrong but say nothing when he does something good.

More credit should go to credit? I see
Posted Image

#11 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

"blinded by the light of thine own ego"? .. if you look for fault, you will always find it! ..

Ballard was not "great" last night, but up until now, he, Hamhuis and Tanev have been our most consistently good D-men ..

I'm not always looking for fault, just don't see the need to find an excuse to praise a guy who didn't play well. He's had way better games this season that he did actually deserve to be praised for, just not that one.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#12 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

LOL. Nice catch

Shhhh... Nothing to see

#13 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I'm not always looking for fault, just don't see the need to find an excuse to praise a guy who didn't play well. He's had way better games this season that he did actually deserve to be praised for, just not that one.

He completely deserves credit for that. Got shoved but still had the presence of mind to get the puck to Daniel and away from the Oil D to set up the goal

#14 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Im gonna get flamed for this, but I've always thought Edler was overrated. When he's on his game he is a good Dman, but hes very inconsistent and doesnt bring his physical game every night, has bad defensive lapses from time to time..

If we packaged Schneider and Edler, we would get a HUGE return.

Our D would still be:

Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Garrison (he will come around)
Tanev Vandermeer/Alberts

Still a pretty good D core

And im not gonna start making proposals but Schneider and Edler would bring back a bonafied top 6 forward, with size that can put the puck in the net, or a great playmaker for the 2nd line.

#15 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,593 posts

Ballard has always been a decent D-man and has always been a quick smooth skater. He's just always been burried on the bottom pairing from Vigneault.

Ballard belongs in the top 4, always has..

Vigneault is probably the only man in the hockey industry that thinks Aaron Rome is a better pp option than Ballard.

I sure wish Gillis would pull the trigger on Vig and finally hire his own coach, I'd be curious to see who he might hire to coach the team. Nonis' guy has run his course.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#16 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I said that in the PGT. Which is where this belongs...
Posted Image

#17 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

I said that in the PGT. Which is where this belongs...

Nah. It's to late for that. It's done now

#18 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

He completely deserves credit for that. Got shoved but still had the presence of mind to get the puck to Daniel and away from the Oil D to set up the goal

Okay. Credit to him for not getting pushed off the puck and successfully passing it to someone on his own team.

Seriously, I'm not one for hating on our players either, but it just seems like saying "good job for doing your job on that one play after making major mistakes throughout the entire rest of the game" is rather condescending. I say we give credit where credit is due and save the praise for when they do something great, not merely competent.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#19 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Okay. Credit to him for not getting pushed off the puck and successfully passing it to someone on his own team.

Seriously, I'm not one for hating on our players either, but it just seems like saying "good job for doing your job on that one play after making major mistakes throughout the entire rest of the game" is rather condescending. I say we give credit where credit is due and save the praise for when they do something great, not merely competent.

Woah. Hater alert. How many of his mistakes have resulted in goals for the other team this year. 1? Even when he messes up the does what ever he can to fix it.

#20 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I have enjoyed Ballard's play for much of this season. However, last night I noticed some play that had me scratching my head. He is inconsistent game to game. Late in the third period last night he tried to skate the width of his zone to skate it out, only to be caught for a turnover. Frustrating!
:towel:

#21 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Tanev has more value then Ballard
Ballard is over paid
Tanev is making ballard look good
trade Ballard for anything, while we can

Ballard the 4.2 million dollar slick skating offensive d-man has 0 points
get rid of him

Edited by Burlinbert, 05 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#22 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

It was an overall great team effort...Ballard tying up an oiler and getting the puck to a Sedin...Sedins having the skill and vision to do something effective with it as well as tie up other oiler players and Tanev having the vision, patience and sniper ability to finish it off.

Hey Poetica... I watched a movie last night on Crackle..."Suit Up". It's pretty entertaining its about the politics and business of sports and even incorporates the media, and a mediation scenario...lol. Although i think it was improperly used. It was to address pending lawsuits which really should have been resolved through the courts, if not just between the two parties? But what do I know I'm not in litigation. Canucks jerseys made a cameo...see if you can spot it. I won't call them fans because real fans don't riot ;) We have too much love and respect for this team and city besides Canadians are too polite/nice. Although Canucks fans can be hard on the players sometimes but they're like you're bestest buddy. They'll be brutally honest with you but will defend you and have your back til the end of time.

Edited by Mauii, 05 February 2013 - 12:47 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#23 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think it should go debit, personally.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#24 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

The King of the Hip Check and smoothest skater on the team.

Subbancopy.jpg

#25 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Woah. Hater alert. How many of his mistakes have resulted in goals for the other team this year. 1? Even when he messes up the does what ever he can to fix it.

First of all, Luo saved those shots from being goals last night. So, giving Ballard credit for not having caused more goals against this season is silly. And frankly insulting to both Ballard and the goalies. I think all of our guys deserve to be praised for more than how many times their screw ups didn't result in goals against.

Secondly, only at the CDC can someone go from being repeatedly called a cheerleader (and multiple other far more disturbing variations thereof) to being called a hater simply for saying a player didn't deserve to be praised for a single good play in an otherwise bad game. You have a seriously skewed definition of hater if you think it's the same as someone saying that a player has played well this season, has had other games where they rightfully deserved to be praised for their play, just not for that one specific game.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#26 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Tanev should have done a Yakupov celebration just to mock the Oil!
Posted Image

#27 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,531 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.