The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Capitals

pretty straight forward

raymond

for

Chimera

Chimera gives us a great solid 3rd line player, who can hit, score and pk well. By giving up raymond we loose the speed and yes he is good on pk and has some skill dont get me wrong.

But having a 3rd line like

Chimera Lapierre-Hanen

WOuld be a great line for the playoffs

I think its a good hockey trade, it would suck to watch Raymond light it up in the East, but hey I am sure a change would do him good. I am not sure if the Caps would do this, even though they are struggling with secondary scoring right now.

Never been a raymond fan, but Chimera is too much like Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre,

Great hardworking players, lots of heart, but lack finish. Raymond has somewhat of what you can call finish and sniper abilities.

This could work. I doubt that Raymond has a future past this year in Vancouver anyway and can be replaced when injured players return or perhaps by Schroeder/Jensen, etc, somewhere down the road. Chimera could effectivly replace and be an upgrade to Manny for next year.

Acquiring Chimera who is signed next year aswell at a cap hit of 1.75m could leave the way to higgins leaving if he wants a raise. I also would like to acquire a more seasoned(playoff) experienced 3rd line center with some scoring ability. We tried to do this last deadline, and I do like Lapierre I just feel he is a good fit on the 4th line.

raymond gets a fresh start, and would play with ribeiro or backstrom, im sure he would do well, but you have to give to get. I'd ad a mid to late pick if we had to, as we also shed just over 500k in salary in this deal

Washington has a lack of role players, guys lIke Chimera is key for them.

But washington does need some offense outside of Ovehckin, Backstrom and Ribero. But like said above Chimera already brings the same skill set players like Hansen, Higgins and Lapierre. The Canucks have too many "two way forwards" thats why we haven't scored a whole lot because none of these players are offensive type players who can produce on a consistent basis.

True i agree, and i feel we need a good scoring forward aswell. But what do we truly have to offer that would get us a good scoring winger?

Ballard and raymond have played better this year, but dont think they net you a significant scoring upgrade. Sounds Like whatever goalie gets traded, if one does, doesnt look like a team would be willing to give up a goal scoring threat.

We just resigned edler, basically all other d men have ntc's. Higgins, hansen, ebbett, lapierre, dont have much in terms of trade worth. I know ppl on cdc would not welcome trading schroeder.

Basically that leaves us with draft picks, which i wouldnt want to trade any of our first 3 picks this year.

And if Gillis decides to ride the pine with both goalies past the deadline, then there goes our biggest trading chip.

What players would we be willing to trade to acquire a legitiment goal scorer??

Archived