The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

Schneider.Man604

Guest Gumballthechewy

Like others have said in this thread before, just finish every check on him, check him hard, and keep him looking over his shoulder, that's the best form of retribution, fear.

I really felt something should have been done about the Keith hit on Sedin. Losing a shot at the cup should be something to inspire a certain level of angst at the very least within the players of the team.

And of course no one wants a Bertuzzi situation again. Stating that is a massive slippery slope. Yes that Bertuzzi fiasco cost us a run at the cup.

However, Bertuzzi deserves everything he gets, because we all know you can't punch people in the back of the head. Such cowardly actions should be punished. If Bertuzzi had any brains at all, he would have spun Moore to face him, or let him go and wait for another time.

A straight up fair fight with Keith and one of our tougher players would be 5 min each for fighting, and thats how this should be handled. End of story.

Ha your dreaming if you think Keith would drop mitts with any of our "tougher players" unless Daniel channels his inner viking and decides to square off with him it aint gonna happen. anyone else would just get 5 and and instigator and possibly ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike. Then Keith would score on the PP to rub some salt in.

Thats the point. Who cares if we win or lose a regular season game?

Who cares if Keith scores on the PP? You just send out another guy to kick the crap out of him and take another 5 and a game. (Obviously dont do it to the extent that you are running a 2 line team)

Keith laughs and points at the scoreboard?

You laugh and point at his bloody face and then call him a wussy.

Every whistle should come with an auto facewash.

Come prepared to lose but also ready to beat up a non willing combatant.

Call up Alberts and Vandermeer

Call up Pinizzotto

Play the game for the sole purpose of sending a message that you will NEVER touch our superstars again or you will have to answer to a game full of being physically humiliated at every whistle.

Being shorthanded all game will probably result in a loss, but really, will that loss matter at the end of the regular season?

Ok true story.

Long time ago when I was in grade 9, there was this really annoying kid that I got in a fight with. I beat him up.

The next day, his big brother (Grade 12) comes and threatens me. Right as he's about to beat me up, I said to him "If you are going to beat me up, you better kill me because I will come back harder and REALLY beat up your brother."

Plan didnt work. The 12th grader kicked my a$$.

It took me a few days to recover and figure out my plan.

So long story short, I went and really kicked the crap out of that guy's brother again.

The brother came back at me again but like I told him the 1st time, I said he has the chance to stop the fighting by letting things go. If he beats me up again, I will come back even harder on his brother.

He had some choice words for me but left without laying a hand on me.

Keep in mind in the late 90s crime isnt like what it is today. I prob wouldnt do that now because someone might really have a gun and kill me. But back then, it was about taking your lumps in a fist fight. No one was going to die over it.

I see Hockey the same way. Retribution on the ice can and should be used as a deterrent and a way to police itself.

Fighting is a part of hockey and its there for a reason.

If they didn't want it to be a part of hockey, they would have removed it and handed auto suspension like the rest of the sports leagues.

That fact means that we can't rely on our hitting as an effective deterrent to the rats of the league. But you know what facet of the game exists for this purpose? Fighting. The very reason fighting is still in the game is for this purpose. We needed to jump Keith, and let the league know that we are not to be messed with. For the time being, the label of 'pushovers' is still firmly attached to this team.

Everyone was expecting us to goon it up, that's why they had O'Halloran in there ready to throw the book at us. Remember people, revenge is a dish best served cold. The NHL was just begging the Canucks to go after the Hawks' guys, they couldn't wait to bring the hammer down on us. That's why the Sedins and Vigneault told the guys to hold off and play it cool. They know how this game is played. It's a sort of passive-aggressive psych-out tactic. Keith knows he can't hide forever. It's got to be unsettling for the Blackhawks, knowing that the matter is still hanging over their heads, knowing that any moment in a game could be the moment we decide to take our vengeance. It's much better than having a pointless little scrap on the first shift, it's mental warfare. Their time will come.

keith is chicken sh*t thats why , he wouldn't drop the gloves with anyone even close to tough on our team. If anything he would get into another grappling match with burrows till burrows starts fish hooking him or gauging his eyes out

and burrows doesnt need that

I was at this game, and I was seeking retribution too. But I gotta tell you winning that shoot out was better than watching Keith getting punched in the face. It felt like we just won a playoff series. We will play them in the playoffs, beating them in the Western Conference Final, will be the best retribution yet.

I can't believe how many people out there are saying it was right to not fight Keith. This is the reason other teams take runs at the Canucks, because they're soft.

If someone cheap shots one of your players, and you don't get him that game; you get him the next. You don't blind side him like the Bertuzzi / Moore thing but you skate right up to him and tell him you're going to fight. If he says no, you drop you're gloves and punch him in the face anyways. Point made, lesson learned.

I don't care if they get a 7 minute power play. it will do tons for team moral and support and it might make the next guy think twice before he does it again. I'd rather have Chicago with a 7 minute power play during a regular season game, than play round 1 of the playoffs without a star player.

I can't believe how many people out there are saying it was right to not fight Keith. This is the reason other teams take runs at the Canucks, because they're soft.

If someone cheap shots one of your players, and you don't get him that game; you get him the next. You don't blind side him like the Bertuzzi / Moore thing but you skate right up to him and tell him you're going to fight. If he says no, you drop you're gloves and punch him in the face anyways. Point made, lesson learned.

I don't care if they get a 7 minute power play. it will do tons for team moral and support and it might make the next guy think twice before he does it again. I'd rather have Chicago with a 7 minute power play during a regular season game, than play round 1 of the playoffs without a star player.

Archived