The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Not Tampa?

Argon

seems everyone has written off Tampa as a possible destination for Luongo. I know they have Lindback and Yzerman stated they were gonna look from within for goaltending, but including this season he's played a career total of 48 games, with less than stellar numbers. With Yzerman in charge (and familiar with Luongo from Team Canada), why isn't Tampa included in any speculation? Toronto has been mentioned 50 million times yet they've shot down any rumour every time. Any insite?

I don't think anybody has written them off, seems viable, except that Yzerman previously said he was going to and I paraphrase 'give one of TB's goalies a chance to develop'. With the way Lindback has played though, he might feel the pressure eventually.

Anyhow, there's a Luongo trade thread where this has and is being talked about if you're interested dood.

The only thing Tampa's missing is a quality goalie. They've got a fantastic defence over there, possibly the best forward duo in St. Louis - Stamkos, depth up the middle with Lecavalier, a perfect mix of young kids and veterans and depth scoring.

Give them Luongo and this team goes deep in the playoffs, maybe even wins the Cup. If it happens, that team will be an instant contender.

Lets be honest here. Everything Yzerman turns into gold. If Lindback doesn't turn into a starter, he'll go find a cheaper guy who will. He's not going to do anything stupid, which is trading a package of players for an overpriced goalie. Toronto on the other hand...

Archived