Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Chi

To Chi- Cory Schneider

Mason Raymond

2013 3rd

To Van- David Bolland

Nick Leddy

Ray Emery

Chicago gets what they really need, an elite goalie to play with Kane/Toews/Hossa/Sharp/Keith/Seabrook for the next decade, and some nice speed and skill with Raymond. Van gets Bolland, a 3rd line C who can step up to 2nd line C when needed, Leddy a budding top 4 D who could play with Ballard this year, and Emery who'd be capable backup to Lu.

Thoughts?

This trade is one sided for Chicago, even without the star goalie right now they are monsters. Also, Nick Leddy being a top 4 dman isn't all that attractive for van when they already have, basically, 3 second pairings.

I like the idea of Bolland coming in to play on the 3rd line but that trade puts Chicago at a huge advantage while just producing a little more grit for the canucks without replacing the scoring lost by giving up raymond

Fair value wise, but after whats gone on between Bolland and the Canucks I can't see us making a move for him (though I would love to have him). Plus as everyones mentioned, even though it makes us a little better, it has the potential to make Chicago absolutely unstoppable if Schneider brings his A game for them.

I believe if Chi did this trade and played Van in the playoffs this year Van would win. CS is a relatively unproven goalie at this point(especially in the playoffs), also having Bolland would allow Kesler to play against weaker opposition as AV would match Bolland up against Chi's best players(Toews,Kane,Hossa,Sharp) making Kesler more effective offensively. We saw it in 2011 vs Nash, SJ, and Boston with Manny on the 3rd line. Bolland would be a better version of Manny that would contribute more offensively.

Archived