The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UBC Off Campus Housing

MillerGenuineDraft

Hey beautiful people, I promise, no thread on foreskin here. It's come to my attention that I did not win the lottery for housing for the next school year (lottery was a complete scam). So my friends and I have been looking into places to rent for the school year. Does anybody have any recommendations for places on/off campus?

How far down the waiting list are you? Pretty sure one of the new ones they're building is supposed to open a ton of rooms next year. You might actually get in if that happens. I was something like 900 one year but then MD5 and 6 opened up so most of the waiting list got spots around June or July.

Lottery isn't a scam. You just didn't get picked.

Anywhere in Point Grey or Dunbar/Southlands if you want to be really close. Kerrisdale and Kitsilano are nice areas. Shaughnessy area can be affordable since it's further out (think Arbutus to Granville area).

The more people the cheaper it'll be. Get a house. Drink lots of [not] MGD. Have fun.

I rented for two years off campus and used craigslist both times.

Edit: If you're done 2nd year you shouldn't be living on campus anyways. Let the youngins experience UBC's [boring] campus life and develop some life skills living completely on your own!

I lived in Kerrisdale and it was fantastic. I was right by W. Boulevard and 41st and had the 41, 43, and 480 to choose from to get to UBC, which sure was nice on those busy mornings. Also, Kerrisdale is just a beautiful part of the city. I'd love to move back some day.

Archived