The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Budget

inane

But this argument could be applied to any capital sale, and we already established that not all of them are bad. Why is this bad? Is it just because the government is running a deficit? Can no capital sales take place when there is a budget shortfall?

A budget by definition is a forecast - the key is reasonableness of the assumptions of revenues and expenses. Of course the revenue side is much more of a wild card while the government has much more control over expenditures. What the BC NDP claims is that the Liberal assumptions are not reasonable while failing to show how they would have done things differently

Until the fiscal year closes and all the actual accounting is done, one does not know for certain.

Accuracy cannot be measured unless you are campaigning on past budgets that you claim are balanced when you know they are not. But who would do that?? Oh wait Glen Clark and the BC NDP during the notorious fudge-it budget scandal when he performed an amazing accounting sleight of hand... and his chief of staff was none other than.... wait for it....

ADRIAN DIX

It was discovered, shortly after the election, that the claimed balanced budgets for the 1995-96 and 1996-97 fiscal years on which Clark had campaigned so strongly were not balanced but deficits. This was termed the "fudge-it" budget fiasco. Further as well as accounting for asset sales that were forecast Clark had massive debt shifted onto Crown Corporations so as to create a perception of "surpluses".

http://www.davemanue...udge-it-budget/

And after the election when caught out? Clark asked for "wiggle room" - more like weasel room. Little else to say when you flat out lie.

Then give the NDP time, the Liberial budget hasn't been out very long.  Do you expect the NDP to have instant answers or would you prefer the party to carefully review all the numbers and after more thought and consultation put forward an alternative at a later date?

I have lived through past BC NDP administrations (Barrett and Harcourt/Clark/Miller/Dosanjh) and witnessed first hand the devastation to this province. There was very good reason the BC NDP were decimated and reduced two two seats in the 2001 BC general election. I have no wish to see that level of damage inflicted on this province again. One of the main power players in the BC NDP's scandalous fall from grace in 2001 was Adrian Dix - and he's baaaaaacccck and he leads the NDP.

And what about my posts are factually inaccurate?

Also as I have pointed out this spills into current times. We are already paying billions for the abandonment of BC's interests in respect of aboriginal land claims and now BC taxpayers are about to be hit with a bill for hundreds of millions if not billions due to the manipaulation of the California energy market by BC Hydro - an agency that was politicized under the NDP and which had Glen Clark's hands on approach through his trusty sidekick Adrian Dix.

As I have posted:

Archived