Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeebz

(Fired) Lindy Ruff done in Buffalo

12 posts in this topic

Just got a text from the score saying he's been fired.

From NHL.com

The Buffalo Sabres have relieved Lindy Ruff of his coaching duties, the team announced Wednesday afternoon.

A 2-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets at the First Niagra Center on Tuesday night left the Sabres with a 6-10-1 record this season. Buffalo's 13 points are the fewest in the Northeast Division and tied for the third-fewest in the Eastern Conference.

Ruff, who played most of his NHL career for the Sabres, began coaching the team in 1997-98 and was the longest-tenured coach in the League. He led the Sabres to the 1999 Stanley Cup Final and had a career regular-season record of 562-452-84 along with 78 ties.

Ruff was also the second-longest tenured coach in North American pro sports next to Gregg Popovich of the San Antonio Spurs.

There is no immediate word on Ruff's replacement

More to follow.

I like how you rushed on to CDC to post this just to be first. Why not leave it to someone who actually will make a decent thread?

Not really a surprise - it was eventual, as long as a team does bad, any coach can get fired.

Nashville NEEDS to do better than the 2nd round or else Barry Trotz could get the yank too.

Ruff is a pretty good coach - he'll find work right away.

Not really a surprise - it was eventual, as long as a team does bad, any coach can get fired.

Nashville NEEDS to do better than the 2nd round or else Barry Trotz could get the yank too.

Ruff is a pretty good coach - he'll find work right away.

Trotz is on the hot seat? Unless Nashville tanks a season or 3, i dont see him going anywhere. He keeps that team competitive year after year even with all the BS he has to endure from their financial predicament.

I like how you rushed on to CDC to post this just to be first. Why not leave it to someone who actually will make a decent thread?

13 years for Lindy Ruff and he was doing fine.

Then Cody Hodgson got traded to Buffalo.

Cody Hodgson a coaches worst nightmare.