The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Made You A Canucks Fan?

Aladeen

It kind of makes me wish I grew up in Vancouver instead of the Island. I just can't help but think how amazing it would have been to live in Vancouver when Bure, and Linden, and and my teenage canuck crush....Peca ::D (seriously I cried when they traded him but I was like 14/15/16? ) were all playing here.

I love walking around the city in my Canuck jersey/canuck stuff and seeing another fan on the street or Sky train and just nodding at them or waving or sometimes just a tiny smile. Its such an amazing feeling to know even though this person on the street is a total stranger that we are still united in a way.

Can't say I ever had a Crush on any Canuck, but when I heard Linden was traded my heart sank into my stomach and I felt a lump in my throat for the day.

Also I feel the Canucks are not just Vancouver's but all of BC :0) I like to think the reason they aren't British Columbia Canucks is because it wouldn't fit on the Jersey ;)... especially cause I live in Vic :P

Well I was a teenage girl so.....

One of the happiest days of my Canuck loving life was when we got Linden back. I kind of regret the fact that my Skate jersey has Peca on it instead of Linden. I considered getting it changed but then I thought that it made for more interesting conversation to just leave my old jersey the way it is plus regardless of the reason I started to like him Peca was a good player.

Yes I agree but I find that I don't see as many canuck fans on the island as you do here.

As a young kid I was a big Penguins fan seeing Lemieux Jagr and Francis killing the league. Starting to watch Leaf games and Felix Potvin really impressed me. Always liked him in Vancouver even though he played like crap. Lemieux retired, jagr stopped producing big points and didn't have a team to cheer for so Vancouver it was.

Simply: the 94 cup final was on (european free) tv for the first time. I was a big fan of the Russian Rocket. He was clearly the best player on the ice.

Also the Vancouver crowd was enthusiastic: remember the fan jumped over the glass and on the ice after game 6? Never seen that again at hockey game...

post-62442-0-11457300-1361729271_thumb.j

Go Canucks Go...from Berlin

post-62442-0-11457300-1361729271_thumb.j

I did a school project in Grade Four on the goaltender I firmly believed was one of the best in the league: Johan Hedberg.

I was intially a fan of his name, and then it grew to a healthy obsession with everything Hedberg. Darn Alex Auld, stealing Johan's starts...

I was a fan since the playoff series against the St.Louis Blues, and I don't know why.

As a young kid I was a big Penguins fan seeing Lemieux Jagr and Francis killing the league. Starting to watch Leaf games and Felix Potvin really impressed me. Always liked him in Vancouver even though he played like crap. Lemieux retired, jagr stopped producing big points and didn't have a team to cheer for so Vancouver it was.

I grew up watching hockey with my dad. He was a Leafs fan but I started out a huge Avs fan because Forsberg, Sakic, and Roy were my favorite players. Then as I got a little bit older (8, 9 yo) I started watching other teams like Florida and Vancouver. I slowly started getting a interested in the Canucks, but the deciding factor was Cloutier. I always was and always will be a huge Cloutier fan, despite what anyone else says.

3 words : 94'. Cup. Run.

I just realized I'm a bandwagoner, at heart , sigh...

Then I realized I was young too like 8 or so, so that's ok.

You want to know the best feeling has been? , it was "slaying the dragon"

Mostly because my family is heavily divided as Canuck OR Blackhawks fans.

I've been getting it big time by the b'Hawk side so far too

Archived