The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Severely Over-Rated- Do We Really Want Him?

The Dark Knight

Nope what he meant to say is the Canucks are an elite team in the league and the stats prove it so If Kesler is as good as his team he's pretty damn good.

I have no problem with freedom to believe what you want. The only thing I have to say is you would be a great sensationalist writer.

KESLER will get better and better every game and will be a great asset to this team within the next 6 games you will see him improve when his speed gets to the level he's used to playing with.

If you had hockey sense you wouldn't even be talking about Kesler After tonights game. You would be talking about poor team defence against speed this year. Something the coaches are going to have to work on.

Poor puck control in the defensive zone bad break outs and turn overs. Alberts was way out of his league tonight.

Nope what he meant to say is the Canucks are an elite team in the league and the stats prove it so If Kesler is as good as his team he's pretty damn good.

I have no problem with freedom to believe what you want. The only thing I have to say is you would be a great sensationalist writer.

KESLER will get better and better every game and will be a great asset to this team writhing the next 6 games you will see him improve when his speed gets to the level he's used to playing with.

If you had hockey sense you wouldn't even be talking about Kesler After tonights game. You would be talking about poor team defence against speed this year. Something the coaches are going to have to work on.

Poor puck control in the defensive zone bad break outs and turn overs. Alberts was way out of his league tonight.

He's always coming off an injury it seems so what else do we have to judge him by? Was his entire seasons last year a pass because he came off hip surgery? It's the same thing year after year, in seeing the same Kesler that is playing bad hockey for what his contract states

He was rushed back last year before he was fully healed and really they should have not brought him back too fast. You can't blame a player for playing off his game especially when that player plays a more physical game when he is playing hurt. Yes Kes made the mistake of coming back to early but really the Canucks Medical staff should have been the ones who kept him out later but they rushed him back and he had a bad season. Now he has just returned and really he hasn't played that bad, not as badly as you are making it sound. It takes time to heal from injuries and it takes time for a player to get his game back. He may not be the same even this year. Look at Raymond he is just starting to play better and he was hurt two years ago. These things take time, perhaps you should learn some patience with our players instead of attacking them after every loss.

Kesler rushed himself back, at the end of the day he's the one that said he was good to go. Actually he has played as bad as I have stated. Last year he made all his wingers worse, was a puck hog, created the impression around the league that he is a whiner and diver and failed to show up in the playoffs.

I'm sick of waiting for him to "get back to his game" when he's still doing all the negative things I'm calling him out for in this thread.

I never said that he didn't rush himself back I think that was a mistake on his part but you are wrong if you think that the decision for him to play should have came from Kesler alone. The Medical staff dropped the ball on this one they really should not have cleared him to play before he was ready. Not only did he end up playing badly because he did not have the same movement he usually does but he ended up hurting himself worse.

He just had two surgeries , he is going to be rusty, and we as fans need to be more patient and wait for him to develop as the player we all know he can be, and you know what he may never get back to his pre injury status but to claim he is over-rated and not a good player is foolish.

I agree with you about the diving it is frustrating to watch. I really do not see the need for it other then perhaps that is his way of dealing with the horrid officiating that has been happening around the league over the last few years. I don't condone it and I wish he would stop but I possibly could see why he would be tempted to dive.

I think he is getting slightly better at passing the puck. Today's game he was actually passing a bit more, it wasn't his fault that his team mates did not take advance of his passing.

LIKE I previously stated by using Raymond as an example A player will take a while to adjust to their former style of play. Kesler just came back and he is still working things out. Give the guy a break!

wow. unbelievable garbage. ok where to start.

first off, one player is not as great as a team, nor is a team as great as one player. logic. learn to use it.

why would you even consider the statement, "if kesler is as good as his team," one player cannot be measured by the same standards a team can be simply because one player cannot perform as a team can. for instance, the entire amount of shots the canucks have clearly differs from the entire amount of shots kesler has. not sure why i am even taking the time to explain this to you.

i am commenting on kesler because the opportunity has arisen from the original poster's post...whether that is because of this game or not does not matter, i have had this opinion of kesler for 3 years, at least.

i think he is a decent hockey player, highly overrated, doesn't know his role and is best fit as a third line centre.

ugh im done with this.

Archived