The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chilliwack Indian restaurants targeted with hateful emails

key2thecup

B.C. sits next to the most racist area in the U.S. (the so called Inland Empire) and unfortunately seems to be influenced by it q

quite a bit.

Of course that's not to say that many of our immigrant groups don't contain a lot of racists in their own right and that many seem to almost go out of their way to stir up resentment.

So which is it? Is it all of Chilliwhack, Alberta, the USA, or old people that are racist?

One crack pot sends off some idiot mails and suddenly an entire town, province, country, and age group are suddenly portrayed as backwards ignorant people.

Good job guys.

So which is it? Is it all of Chilliwhack, Alberta, the USA, or old people that are racist?

One crack pot sends off some idiot mails and suddenly an entire town, province, country, and age group are suddenly portrayed as backwards ignorant people.

Good job guys.

So one crackpot racist puts a smiley after a post I make clearly makes me what?

Perhaps those that crusade against unfair generalizations would be best served not making them themselves was the point I was going after, not that I would expect anyone to look at anything more than which side of the mud slinging contest person X in group Y is standing in.

I wasn't insulting you. I just felt like indirectly insulting the crackpot. I wanted you to agree with me so he would stop thinking he has people to confide in with smiley's, as if you are saying what he was trying to say.

Looks like you do agree with me about him being a racist... so Aleksandr, the person you upvoted thinks you're a crackpot racist. Don't pretend you have support you don't have.

I wasn't insulting you. I just felt like indirectly insulting the crackpot. I wanted you to agree with me so he would stop thinking he has people to confide in with smiley's, as if you are saying what he was trying to say.

Looks like you do agree with me about him being a racist... so Aleksandr, the person you upvoted thinks you're a crackpot racist. Don't pretend you have support you don't have.

Why would I care what he thinks of me? I found what he said funny -- hence the emoticon. You read into that.. whatever you read into that.

Please don't confuse your posting intentions for mine, if I cared for support and wanting people to agree with me I'd be posting the type of PC stuff you espouse.

Stick to your knee jerk of calling me a racist for social observations.

Not as aggressive as, say, Mexicans are with their culture that come into border US states, but culture-wise, indeed are aggressive. As someone who lived in two of these towns for over a decade I saw first hand the conflicts this caused.

Edited about 500 times.

LOL @racism and these trained rabid lemmings calling people rednecks yet others racists.

Irony is you.

Isn't it funny how mannerisms, belief systems, etc are racist but the same few take no issue designating a bunch of people in Chilliwack throughout this thread "rednecks", " hillbillies", "old people" etc.

I quote a post that identifies this humorous set of double standards and I was lambasted as trying to "find people who agree with me".

No shortage of great material from the resident PC crowd, and right on cue comes it's punchline. :lol:

Archived