The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the mediocre play continues will big changes be on the horizon?

Southpop45

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trading a goalie isn't going to bring back a better goalie. Or a star D or FW that another team isn't willing to trade.

All aspects of this team are struggling. Goaltending, defence, offence, special teams ..... It's not a matter of tweaking or filling holes. It's not a good time for Vancouver to trade.

If the key players on the team aren't being utilized effectively in the regular season, why would anyone believe they will in the playoffs?

Trading a goalie isn't going to bring back a better goalie. Or a star D or FW that another team isn't willing to trade.

All aspects of this team are struggling. Goaltending, defence, offence, special teams ..... It's not a matter of tweaking or filling holes. It's not a good time for Vancouver to trade.

If the key players on the team aren't being utilized effectively in the regular season, why would anyone believe they will in the playoffs?

Lack-lustre performances will be continued throughout the year. Why? Because what does Aquillini care? He sells out every game. Playoffs inlcluded. He doesn't need a change. He won't fire MG, who in turn won't fire AV. Nothing will happen, expect to see more mediocrity to continue.

Lack-lustre performances will be continued throughout the year. Why? Because what does Aquillini care? He sells out every game. Playoffs inlcluded. He doesn't need a change. He won't fire MG, who in turn won't fire AV. Nothing will happen, expect to see more mediocrity to continue.

You say this because why? What history fo you have to back this up? The nucks have been a great team in recent history, PT's recent SC final. But we are mediocre? I think we are playing bad now and need a shake up including a coaching change and goalie trade but to try and pin it on ownership is flat out wrong.

2 presidents trophies are much due to the points we get from our bad division. The points we have by the end of the year are grossly inflated. We don't have a cup, and until that changes, we are a mediocre team. I'm saying this because this team is incredibly talented, and should be winning games consistently.

I honestly don't think anything will happen this season. The off season is going to be a busy one, but this season I see Gillis keeping both goalies and riding the hot hand in the playoffs and just going with the current roster as is.

The Canucks HAVE the talent, they just need to elevate their game like we all know they can. I really hope they become a completely unstoppable beast in the playoffs and shock us all.

I honestly don't think anything will happen this season. The off season is going to be a busy one, but this season I see Gillis keeping both goalies and riding the hot hand in the playoffs and just going with the current roster as is.

The Canucks HAVE the talent, they just need to elevate their game like we all know they can. I really hope they become a completely unstoppable beast in the playoffs and shock us all.

We want this team to play better so we can be confident going into the playoffs, this team hasn't shown any signs of a cup winner, and anyone expecting this team to flip a switch is delusional. It won't happen as we saw last year.

Archived