The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks sued over $1.1 million hiring and firing of Chelsea F.C. sports shrink

Samuel Påhlsson

lol at the shrink suffering from mental distress. However, most shrinks i know are more flaky than your average person. Perhaps from listening to other people's crap for a living. The prescription is booze and drugs. I suppose $1.1mil will buy a lot of that.

Wondering if this person did anything at all.

The Canucks are full of sh!t,

I've lived in the USA for the last 10 years on work permits.

I have a decent track record in the music biz, but I'm no mega star.

If I can get work permits, this guy, with the Canucks backing him, it would be EASY,

They are just floating that excuse out there to get out of the deal.

I'm fine with team ownership hiring a sports psychologist. They actually do some pretty good things to motivate lackluster players, or to restore self-confidence in players going through a slump.

I've had the pleasure of conducting research with some sports psychologists at UBC during my undergrad; they worked with a variety of players and teams (one of the was contracted to the Whitecaps, one to the Lions, and several for other U22 squads in various disciplines). It's pretty interesting to see the changes in player morale over a longer period of time, and to see the experimental-control groups' difference.

I'm fine with team ownership hiring a sports psychologist. They actually do some pretty good things to motivate lackluster players, or to restore self-confidence in players going through a slump.

I've had the pleasure of conducting research with some sports psychologists at UBC during my undergrad; they worked with a variety of players and teams (one of the was contracted to the Whitecaps, one to the Lions, and several for other U22 squads in various disciplines). It's pretty interesting to see the changes in player morale over a longer period of time, and to see the experimental-control groups' difference.

If I can get work permits, this guy, with the Canucks backing him, it would be EASY,

Geez, now not only players are having issues with management, but you have third party vendors suing the team too.

This does seem like a trend lately with this team.

With the lock-out and Francesco going through a divorce, I wonder if the shrink became a victim of a cash flow shortage. Then again, the Aquilini's made their millions as slum lords so I wouldn't put anything past them.

Archived