The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David booth leaves in crutches!

yete

I knew it the moment I saw Smith fall on his leg. I had the same rotation of my foot because of a crash while skiing. The ankle and knee are pretty strong at that angle, so the force of the fall (and in this case, a body falling on him as well) ends up twisting the tibia like a green tree branch. The leg usually springs right back to shape but it makes a half-dozen fissures the length of the bone. I spent 3 months in a cast that stretched from my toes to my hip, another 2-3 months of limited activity with no cast to complete the healing.

The upside is that the bone likely took all the force, so when Booth is back (and it won't be until next season), he'll be 100%. The injury takes you out for a long time but doesn't cause any long-term damage.

Oh and you people trying to comment on his performance or religion sneeringly, you are scum. The jokes you're making are coldly sociopathic and you deserve to be treated like the subhuman dirt you are. You're not worth the air you breathe.

Based on the flavour of the comments, I am not the only one that thinks this is no big loss. IMO he has never really fit this team and definitely has not brought to the team what we hoped or expected. I am a hockey fan and not a religious fan....I don't want to watch hockey and have to listen to him talk about religion....everytime they showed him on the bench he was day dreaming....he is an oddball IMO....I hope this injury is a blessing in disguise for the team....

Most of these comments are pretty terrible. Who gives a crap that he's religious and a hunter? If you listen to his interviews (you know, the ones where he says really mean things about wildlife, and zealously attempts to convert the viewing audience to his religion), he's obviously an good guy and a good teammate.

He's been one of the few people on the team who's actually been working hard and hitting hard. Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten the results. Dunno if it means he deserves to be made fun of after a tough injury. But I guess it's the internet, after all.

You gotta wonder how much better he'd be without all the injuries... if he'd never had that groin injury to start the season, he'd be at the same pace as everyone else. Its damn tough to jump in partway through, after a long lockout, and suddenly regain your game form. Hope he's able to get healthy and stay healthy, it's no fault of his own that his time in Vancouver has been sub-par.

team wont miss him, booth is a terrible player who is more concerned with huntin and jesus then hockey.. only thing hitty about him being injured is we may have been able to trade him,, tho i doubt he would get us much... def a buyout next year. at least we didnt give up much

If Gillis does buy Booth and Ballard out ... is that a confession that he is a failure of a GM since they are both his own doing.

Btw ... I have zero sympathy for players who are bought out. Does either Gomez or Redden need our pity, they are both collecting 2 salaries.

Based on the flavour of the comments, I am not the only one that thinks this is no big loss. IMO he has never really fit this team and definitely has not brought to the team what we hoped or expected. I am a hockey fan and not a religious fan....I don't want to watch hockey and have to listen to him talk about religion....everytime they showed him on the bench he was day dreaming....he is an oddball IMO....I hope this injury is a blessing in disguise for the team....

Archived