65 replies to this topic

#31 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing. After Cgy's cup run they had 1-2 solid seasons where they were predicted to win the cup and go far and it never happened and they are now in a bad situation. After our cup, had a good regular season last year and was predicted to be a contender but we got eliminated in 5 games...very similar situations
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#32 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

The difference is our core was entering their prime back in 07/08 while most of them are on the decline from age and injury

Decline from age? Dude, Bieksa is the oldest at 31. Not to mention the fact that we have defenceman like Tanev who will be entering their prime very soon.

This team is playing like the declining WCE line (and others) we had during the Crawford era. The good thing here though is that age is not an issue, YET. And we do have promising prospects up and coming, but then again, our draft performance has not been good since...well, forever.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan, 18 March 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#33 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

I lol when people say we have "too much talent"

Sedins
Burrows
Kesler
Hamhuis

There's our "too much talent" for you.

and that talent has a lot of mileage on it

#34 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Sedins
Burrows
Kesler
Hamhuis

well your missing Bieksa and Edler as well as our goalies, but with forwards we do lack talent depth.

#35 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Too bad we don't rebuild like the Habs and Sens...even throw in the leafs

#36 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Sedins
Burrows
Kesler
Hamhuis

pretty sure that was a dig at what i said, but if you bothered to read anything else, and not just be one of those people who look at the standings and judge from that, this team is better than what's on paper right now-- since we have almost the same line up from when we were succesful.

Kesler has been out pretty much all year, so we haven't seen anything from him. Hamhuis has been struggling, along with a lot of other guys. At one point Bieksa was the offensive force we havn't seen in years. When the Sedin's were struggling, we had secondary scoring to carry the team in Kassian, Raymond, Hansen and, at one point, even Schroeder was playing his part

Edited by Olias, 18 March 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#37 canucks4life83

canucks4life83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Too bad we don't rebuild like the Habs and Sens...even throw in the leafs

The Leafs??????

Posted Image

#38 canucks4life83

canucks4life83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

On the plus side if we did miss the playoffs we'd have a shot at the number 1 pick this year. Not saying I want to miss the playoffs though.

Posted Image

#39 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

The Leafs??????

well the leafs have been rebuilding for over 40 years. joking aside, burke at least tried to address the issues of that team and was in a "silent" rebuild mode when he took over and now that team is finally close to being a playoff team. ottawa doesn't want to say they're in rebuild mode, but let;s be honest... who really cares about the sens? montreal has prospects finally starting to pay off. they've been a playoff team for years, but were never really a threat, but they're doing well now

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#40 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Wow you can't be serious?!?!
All you fans jumping off the bandwagon and doom and gloom like this is what embarrasses me about being a Canuck fan sometimes.

All you whiners need to get a grip, stand by and have some damn faith in our players, coaches and management.

#41 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

All you fans jumping off the bandwagon and doom and gloom like this is what embarrasses me about being a Canuck fan sometimes.

All you whiners need to get a grip, stand by and have some damn faith in our players, coaches and management.

There's a different between being a fan and a blind fanboy.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#42 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,208 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

I like pie.

#43 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Canucks had problems last year too and it's carried over and gotten worse, the fact that your now pissing at concern fans about how the team has performed since the SCF lost has me questioning if you've watched much of the Canucks or just a blinded homer... the Canucks that went to the SCF is a very very different team than what they are today, that BIG PP weapon we had to control teams from taking runs at us is no longer there, are scoring at will is gone and that fast puck possession game we played is no longer in the system. The fact this team changed this much is very sad considering how dangerous and good this team was.

#44 canucks4life83

canucks4life83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Are you kidding? Nobody is jumping off the bandwagon, people are just passionate. With how things are going they want change and its understandable. Every true fan of every professional sports team b!tches about their team now and again, it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

You don't sound like a very hockey savvy Canucks fan.

Posted Image

#45 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

The prospects are looking pretty dismal right now, but not such that they would warrant a complete overhaul. But the situation is dire enough that something has to be done. The trouble is we have a general manager who is stubbornly resolute, in the face of all odds that we have a true contender, and nothing is missing or needs to be done. Its time to wake up and see that this situation demands some changes.

Edited by Heli_Kopitar, 19 March 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#46 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

At this point I'd rather take Cammi and Kipper over anyone else on our roster.

Go cheer for the Flames, nobody is holding you back christ i will even open the door.

#47 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

i love people who think this team can perform like 2011, a year where the stars aligned and everything went right, just because the personnel is largely the same. thats the main reason they WON'T win like they did 2 years ago; change is the one constant for success in sports. it works like evolution. you adapt in the areas where you fell short in order to thrive.

this team is stagnant and they'll go extinct rather than thrive.

#48 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Boysss! Lets calm down here... if we win tonight we're tied with four the teams for third place. Lets ease our fingers off that panic button now.
Posted Image

#49 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Boysss! Lets calm down here... if we win tonight we're tied with four the teams for third place. Lets ease our fingers off that panic button now.

the standings provide no indication whatsoever for how good a team is.

see: last year's presidents trophy.

watch the damn games.

#50 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Have you lost your mind?? Calgary's cup run was 10 yrs ago ours was 2.. Let me tell you sir that I for one am as frustrated as you. This is unacceptable. But on the same token, we just had one of the best teams in history, there was no where to go but down.. There's no reason for us to be bad but they will get out of it. Our glass is still half full IMO. We still have a great team if we can pull it together at the right time. That's all it takes for us to be champs. A little shake up trade and come together at the right time. Hard to imagine them pulling out of this but they will, they always do. They're still a damn good team with secondary guys on fire(Hansen tanev) if the boys pull it together, start clicking and squeak into 7th place we can make some noise in the playoffs. The majority of our team is in their 20s. Twins are getting older but far from done. I'd say at least 4 solid years in them, if not more at a lower level. I'm not saying they want to but if your 36, no cup, still competitive and valuable, why would you stop? I don't see why they wouldn't play till their 38 if they have the physical capability.

Panic and freak out if you want to but gillis is not blowing this all up. Moves will be made just not that unreal.

#51 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Have you lost your mind?? Calgary's cup run was 10 yrs ago ours was 2.. Let me tell you sir that I for one am as frustrated as you. This is unacceptable. But on the same token, we just had one of the best teams in history, there was no where to go but down.. There's no reason for us to be bad but they will get out of it. Our glass is still half full IMO. We still have a great team if we can pull it together at the right time. That's all it takes for us to be champs. A little shake up trade and come together at the right time. Hard to imagine them pulling out of this but they will, they always do. They're still a damn good team with secondary guys on fire(Hansen tanev) if the boys pull it together, start clicking and squeak into 7th place we can make some noise in the playoffs. The majority of our team is in their 20s. Twins are getting older but far from done. I'd say at least 4 solid years in them, if not more at a lower level. I'm not saying they want to but if your 36, no cup, still competitive and valuable, why would you stop? I don't see why they wouldn't play till their 38 if they have the physical capability.

Panic and freak out if you want to but gillis is not blowing this all up. Moves will be made just not that unreal.

this is the same optimistic delusion that flames fans were spewing in 05-06, 06-07, 07-08 ...

#52 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

we are Calgary.

#53 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Yea a big prblem is the way MG hands out NTC.  Going to have a hard time moving the few tradeable  assets we have when they all have NMC.

NTC/NMC, like everything, have there positives and negatives. Usually when a player is given a NTC/NMC, their cap hit is a lot less than usual (especially in the Canucks case). Obviously if the player underperforms, then you are stuck with him.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#54 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

For anyone who thinks Gillis will can AV that is a pipe dream as their good buddies and apparently when Gillis signed his contract he told the owners if AV goes so does he as the owners were rumoured to want AV gone but believed in Gillis and kept him. Gillis will not fire AV, he'll blame this season on..... injuries.

Wait, what?

I have never seen a story or quote that Gillis ever stapled himself to AV's career.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#55 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

You guys are something else. It's fans like you guys who lose their mind at times every season and are up and down mentally like yoyo's that i wish were fans of the Flamers.

I shouldn't even have to point out the obvious fact that Calgary wasn't a two time Presidents Trophy winner before their Cup run it was a complete fluke for them to be there there's a HUGE difference.

Why don't you guys go find another team to cheer for.

One that you guys want that's wins all the time all season and every playoffs that doesn't ever have some bad luck, injuries or hiccups from time to time.

What's been wrong at times this season is this team hasn't been healthy and can't develop the chemistry needed that any great team needs. So they are forced to plug in AHL players and mix all their lines up every period of every game and theres no team that can win consistently doing that every night.

The Canucks have worked hard with what they got and have deserved a better fate on many nights even with the lack of chemistry.

Until the Canucks are actually healthy and MG can make a depth move or two that's when they will show the truth that they are a well balanced elite Stanley Cup contender.

Until then why don't you guys should go watch soccer with all the other drama queens while us good fans stay level headed and cheer and enjoy this team no matter what they are going through.

Edited by The Big Luongo, 19 March 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#56 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

You guys are something else. It's fans like you guys who lose their mind at times every season and are up and down mentally like yoyo's that i wish were fans of the Flamers.

I shouldn't even have to point out the obvious fact that Calgary wasn't a two time Presidents Trophy winner before their Cup run it was a complete fluke for them to be there there's a HUGE difference.

Why don't you guys go find another team to cheer for.

One that you guys want that's wins all the time all season and every playoffs that doesn't ever have some bad luck, injuries or hiccups from time to time.

What's been wrong at times this season is this team hasn't been healthy and can't develop the chemistry needed that any great team needs. So they are forced to plug in AHL players and mix all their lines up every period of every game and theres no team that can win consistently doing that every night.

The Canucks have worked hard with what they got and have deserved a better fate on many nights even with the lack of chemistry.

Until the Canucks are actually healthy and MG can make a depth move or two that's when they will show the truth that they are a well balanced elite Stanley Cup contender.

Until then why don't you guys should go watch soccer with all the other drama queens while us good fans stay level headed and cheer and enjoy this team no matter what they are going through.

I think fans have every right to be critical. Especially the ones that go to the game and spend ridiculous amounts of money to support their team but get rewarded with uninspired/boring hockey. Charging premium ticket prices for garbage product is robbery

Posted Image

#57 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

At this point I'd rather take Cammi and Kipper over anyone else on our roster.

Overreaction much?

#58 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

For anyone who thinks Gillis will can AV that is a pipe dream as their good buddies and apparently when Gillis signed his contract he told the owners if AV goes so does he as the owners were rumoured to want AV gone but believed in Gillis and kept him. Gillis will not fire AV, he'll blame this season on..... injuries.

This is news to me, as I've been folllowing the Canucks very closely for the past few years. Were did you hear this?

On the plus side if we did miss the playoffs we'd have a shot at the number 1 pick this year. Not saying I want to miss the playoffs though.

extremely unlikely any team finishing above 7th last will actually win the lottery. Extremely unlikely. It's pretty much wishful thinking. Canucks either go all in (tank this year) or don't tank at all and go for the playoff run, which is the route I expect them to do. We are not the Oilers guys, we are not losers. Keep that in mind.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 19 March 2013 - 10:16 AM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#59 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Having difficulty figuring out how we are trending towards copying Calgary.

- Vancouver doesn't have one defenseman making over $6M (who should be making $4.5 at best)
- Vancouver has a capable starter for when they trade Luongo. Calgary has nothing in the pipeline.
- Vancouver has two point per game players in their early 30s, Calgary doesn't have 1 player producing at that rate.
- Calgary's GM nearly gave up a 1st and a 3rd round pick for literally nothing. To my recollection, no other GM has done that.
- Calgary traded a top 20 defenseman in the league for Matt Stajan (other players gone from that trade).

The Canucks aren't playing well, and all GMs make mistakes, but the Flames have been managed poorly for a very long time.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#60 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think fans have every right to be critical. Especially the ones that go to the game and spend ridiculous amounts of money to support their team but get rewarded with uninspired/boring hockey. Charging premium ticket prices for garbage product is robbery

First of all any fan that has that kind of money i don't feel sorry for and secondly any fan of any team in any league in the world has to except the fact that their team may have more downs then ups sometimes especially having critical injuries all season and thats sports so suck it up.

This team doesn't rob their fans anyone who thinks that should go cheer for another team.

Edited by The Big Luongo, 19 March 2013 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.