207 replies to this topic

#121 doobie

doobie

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

You guys would be some of the worst gm and investors of all time, ever heard of buying low and selling high?

#122 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Buffalo would never trade Ott for Raymond. Not happening.

I can see Raymond becoming a cap casualty however, and asking for something like 4 mil x 4
(Jones, Hudler, Paranteau just got this).

#123 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Trade.....
All Canucks Fans should know what this guy is all about by now....skate fast, nothing else.

#124 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Trade.....
All Canucks Fans should know what this guy is all about by now....skate fast, nothing else.

I get if you are concerned from a cap standpoint, or if he was underperforming despite being healthy.

But to say he brings nothing but speed is just ridiculous.

#125 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Raymond finally seems to be healed from that horrific back injury and playing really good hockey and you want to trade him :picard:

The best hockey trades are the ones where you have to give up something really good.

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#126 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Trade.....

Back checks like nobody's business, fore checks, penalty kill... Is nothing else? Do you actually "understand" hockey

#127 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I say keep him...He seems to be consistently getting points and creating a lot of chances with the speed line...With disappearance of Daniel Sedins of late,we need all the scoring we can get.

#128 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Booth? 4.2M worth of toilet water
Ballard? Fan favorite at underperforming
Kesler? Enough about nashville series, but he's ok tho

The top three american pay cheques are NOT incredibly key players..

Maybe thats a reason we dont win, cause these key players do not perform

What Baggins said and also Ballard is on the third defensive pairing...nice try.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#129 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

No way Jose'.

Wouldnt want to subtract speed. Aside from that Raymond is healthy and contributes in various roles.

The team would be weaker without him, with all the injuries.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#130 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

The only western teams on Iginla's list are Detroit and LA. What would be the point in Calgary trading their pending ufa for our pending ufa?

It's Feaster we're talking about right?

:bigblush:

Edited by Monteeun, 25 March 2013 - 10:33 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#131 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Trade.....

YOu must be watching the wrong team.......he is scoring again fail fail fail I dont think you watch a game

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 25 March 2013 - 10:33 PM.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#132 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

You guys would be some of the worst gm and investors of all time, ever heard of buying low and selling high?

So we trade our leading players for a bunch of guys that currently suck?

#133 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

If his value his high enough and can garner something of value I say we ship him out while he's hot.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#134 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

If his value his high enough and can garner something of value I say we ship him out while he's hot.

You're not going to get anything of even equal value from any team in a trade considering Raymond's production and the cap hit he currently holds, even if you're also taking back a UFA.

#135 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

The only western teams on Iginla's list are Detroit and LA. What would be the point in Calgary trading their pending ufa for our pending ufa?

CBC's Elliotte Friedman writes Monday, "There are some excellent sources who say Iginla would go to the Vancouver Canucks... That said, Vancouver is probably Calgary's 28th choice as a trade partner."

#136 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

CBC's Elliotte Friedman writes Monday, "There are some excellent sources who say Iginla would go to the Vancouver Canucks... That said, Vancouver is probably Calgary's 28th choice as a trade partner."

Iginla ma be ok to come here on a personal level but I doubt very much flames mgmt would trade.him to a division rival.. nevermind that I doubt the fans would be very pleased either..

#137 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

This is in no way a Raymond bashing thread...

Should we keep Raymond and try and sign him in the off season or trade him while his stock is high?

Raymond UFA 2.275 mil cap hit (age 27)

for

Steve Ott 2.950 cap hit (age 30)

A young player with offensive skill and a good set of wheels for a hardworking gritty type player that's built for the playoffs?
Good hockey trade? Thoughts?

Steve Ott's playing style is kamikaze-like and is very pesky just like Burrows. Which is why they would make great line mates. Add Kassian to the mix and you got a tough line to play against.

Downside to this trade is you break up the Raymond Schroeder Hansen line which has been on fire. How long will they continue on this hot streak? Will they have success in the playoffs? Highly unlikely... but you never know.

Upside is you get to roll 4 lines that can contribute offensively and is defensively responsible. Also you get to load up the first line with your best players.

Sedin Sedin Kesler - top offensive line with net presence
Burrows Ott Kassian - skill, grit and toughness
Higgins Schroeder Hansen - sniper playmaker grinder
Sestito Lapierre Gordon - tough guy grinder twf

Hamhuis Garrison
Edler Bieksa
Ballard Tanev

That lineup looks playoff worthy :)

Some notes regarding the 4th line

I've been surprised by Sestito, he's been very responsible in his own end and can make plays. He makes the team play bigger when he's in the lineup.

Gordon hasn't been too shabby either. While playing with the Hershey Bears he registered 21, 37 and 28 goals. He's got offensive upside to him and I love how he always finishes his checks.

Then we got Pinizotto and Weise, two other players that can slot into the 3/4th line if need be.

would love to trade Raymond for steve Ott.. But your 4th line is possibly the worst in the NHL.
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#138 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Why would we trade one of the ONLY people scoring on this team? hahahah

#139 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

He's our top scorer? Trade bait if I've ever heard it! <----CDC Logic :picard:

#140 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,934 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

That's real nice. But why would Calgary take a pending ufa for their pending ufa? Raymond simply would not be part of the deal.
Posted Image

#141 Razors_Edge

Razors_Edge

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

First you're wrong.

Second,if you think Raymond gives them a better chance of getting in the playoffs or playing better in the playoffs you're dreaming. EVERY team wants a guy like Ott and that's exactly why BUF gave up a first to get him.

Third, why trade for a rental like Raymond if you could try and sign him for free in the off season? Why give up an asset for that?

derp derp

First I can't believe u said that :picard: you are all wrong. :sadno:

Second, not every team wants Ott and look at how well that has worked out for Buffalo so far. NOT :sick:

Third, Raymond was great before his back injury, a young player coming on strong. His back injury definately slowed him down. His loyalty is to Vancouver, he took a pay cut to stay here. Now he is healed up and we have Hansen and Schroeder for him to play with, that line is dangerous. That line will be unstoppable even in the playoffs, Raymond has never had linemates like this before and if anyone gets injured, expect to see Jensen. :shock:

I wouldnt trade a player from one of the best lines in the NHL that would be just Krazy. :wacko:

Mar0113_JerseyHanging2_b_cover.jpg

I am as confused as a baby in a topless bar!  :)

#142 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,024 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

First you're wrong.

Ott is a UFA in 2014-15

Second,if you think Raymond gives them a better chance of getting in the playoffs or playing better in the playoffs you're dreaming. EVERY team wants a guy like Ott and that's exactly why BUF gave up a first to get him.

Third, why trade for a rental like Raymond if you could try and sign him for free in the off season? Why give up an asset for that?

derp derp

You're wrong actually

To Dallas: Derek Roy

To Buffalo: Steve Ott, Adam Pardy

Not sure where you're getting Buffalo gave up a first to get him

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#143 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,934 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

You're not going to get anything of even equal value from any team in a trade considering Raymond's production and the cap hit he currently holds, even if you're also taking back a UFA.

The cap hit he holds? His $2.275m is almost half price for a 45 -50 point producer. What makes him pointless to trade is the fact that he's a pending ufa. You would only get futures in return him as opposed to something that helps now.
Posted Image

#144 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Trade.....

If that's all you've got then it puts any hockey knowledge you may think you have in question. No one other than someone holding a huge grudge would say something like that. The guy is one of about 4 players who have carried us this season.
Kevin.jpg

#145 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,102 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

First I can't believe u said that :picard: you are all wrong. :sadno:

Second, not every team wants Ott and look at how well that has worked out for Buffalo so far. NOT :sick:

Third, Raymond was great before his back injury, a young player coming on strong. His back injury definately slowed him down. His loyalty is to Vancouver, he took a pay cut to stay here. Now he is healed up and we have Hansen and Schroeder for him to play with, that line is dangerous. That line will be unstoppable even in the playoffs, Raymond has never had linemates like this before and if anyone gets injured, expect to see Jensen. :shock:

I wouldnt trade a player from one of the best lines in the NHL that would be just Krazy. :wacko:

Raymond is all about speed and that cannot be taken lightly when thinking about moving him. I was always unhappy with the way he matched up with Kesler as his center but Schroeder has done well by him. Raymond can PK as well as score. There is no doubt Van needs a center but I doubt the Sens would make a deal for Ott anyway. Raymond will be UFA and I would not be surprised to see him move on depending how Van deals on a new contract. I expect he gets offers in the $3.5 mil area. The big issue is still the second line and how Kesler works back into the lineup. If he doesn't play well with Kesler and his current line is relegated to 3rd line status will he be satisified with 3rd line icetime?

#146 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

so since a majority of you want raymond to stay, how many years should MG sign him and for how much?

So many players around the league have gotten way too much for what they are worth. Im sure raymond could easily get 3.5m or more

We have cap issues and need to allows our offensive younger players:Kassian, Jensen atleast top 9 min.

Id rather keep higgins as a 3rd line checker who more built for that role. Raymond could be a top 6 player on alot of teams that dont have as deep of a team as us. And, Raymond hasnt shown us he can do much in the playoffs, so not sure how this mediocore season and say he has a decent playoffs could turn out to a multi year 3-4m per season deal from us

If we traded him i dont think it would hurt our chances of winning a cup if it filled a need elsewhere

#147 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

If you want a player on another team and they don't want to part with him, you are going to have to overpay.

Oh, and the best way to become a millionaire in the market is to start as a billionaire. Go to Vegas with that attitude, the luck is about the same.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#148 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

The fact is Vancouver has an aging line-up and very few prospects. Raymond is depth and I wouldn't trade him unless it was a no brainer for a piece that fits with our puzzle better than he does.

#149 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

He's taken alot of abuse over the years by the media and fans, and I wouldn't be surprised if he walked after this season. He's played himself into a big pay raise that we might not be able to afford, and we still have to re-sign certain players.

another bonehead joins the forum.....

#150 howswedeitis76

howswedeitis76

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I don't think the last 3 games is going to factor too much in Raymond's trade value.

It hasn't been the last three games. He's been a consistent scoring threat all season, even when not actually producing, as well as being responsible in his own end, and stronger on the puck. That said, in answer to the OP...I like the idea of getting Ott, but not of losing Raymond. Gotta be a better trade we can make than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.