The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond... keep or trade?

Mrock-763

First you're wrong.

Second,if you think Raymond gives them a better chance of getting in the playoffs or playing better in the playoffs you're dreaming. EVERY team wants a guy like Ott and that's exactly why BUF gave up a first to get him.

Third, why trade for a rental like Raymond if you could try and sign him for free in the off season? Why give up an asset for that?

derp derp

First you're wrong.

Ott is a UFA in 2014-15

Second,if you think Raymond gives them a better chance of getting in the playoffs or playing better in the playoffs you're dreaming. EVERY team wants a guy like Ott and that's exactly why BUF gave up a first to get him.

Third, why trade for a rental like Raymond if you could try and sign him for free in the off season? Why give up an asset for that?

derp derp

First I can't believe u said that :picard: you are all wrong. :sadno:

Second, not every team wants Ott and look at how well that has worked out for Buffalo so far. NOT :sick:

Third, Raymond was great before his back injury, a young player coming on strong. His back injury definately slowed him down. His loyalty is to Vancouver, he took a pay cut to stay here. Now he is healed up and we have Hansen and Schroeder for him to play with, that line is dangerous. That line will be unstoppable even in the playoffs, Raymond has never had linemates like this before and if anyone gets injured, expect to see Jensen. :shock:

I wouldnt trade a player from one of the best lines in the NHL that would be just Krazy. :wacko:

so since a majority of you want raymond to stay, how many years should MG sign him and for how much?

So many players around the league have gotten way too much for what they are worth. Im sure raymond could easily get 3.5m or more

We have cap issues and need to allows our offensive younger players:Kassian, Jensen atleast top 9 min.

Id rather keep higgins as a 3rd line checker who more built for that role. Raymond could be a top 6 player on alot of teams that dont have as deep of a team as us. And, Raymond hasnt shown us he can do much in the playoffs, so not sure how this mediocore season and say he has a decent playoffs could turn out to a multi year 3-4m per season deal from us

If we traded him i dont think it would hurt our chances of winning a cup if it filled a need elsewhere

Guest Pinchin

The fact is Vancouver has an aging line-up and very few prospects. Raymond is depth and I wouldn't trade him unless it was a no brainer for a piece that fits with our puzzle better than he does.

He's taken alot of abuse over the years by the media and fans, and I wouldn't be surprised if he walked after this season. He's played himself into a big pay raise that we might not be able to afford, and we still have to re-sign certain players.

Archived