The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Letter to Victoria’s Secret From a Father

Heretic

It's well documented that cigarettes lead to lung cancer.... Yet people still smoke. They know what's going to happen to them, and yet they still support the companies and the idea of lung cancer. It's all about supply and demand, such products will be made if there is enough interest.

Same goes for the lingerie, if teenage girls want to buy it, they will.

As for the 'willingly accept' part, blame the people that willingly accept this crap.... If enough people don't buy VS products, they would eventually shut down and other companies would know their stuff won't sell either.

Companies will make things, just ignore them and don't give them any business if you feel strongly about it.

In other words, you have a choice.

So are you ok when you see an 11 year old smoking? Should we sell cigarettes to under agers? We currently don't, and there are reasons for that...they're kids.

Yes, as an adult, I have a choice...you're right.

So are you ok when you see an 11 year old smoking? Should we sell cigarettes to under agers? We currently don't, and there are reasons for that...they're kids.

Archived