The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lou to T Bay? Win-Win-Win?

I've been seeing alot of bogus trade proposals. I've heard of our needs (prospects, 2nd line center, right handed defenseman, goalie, etc) and I think I have a realistic trade in place for Lou's services that not only get us partially there but also keeps lou happy and gives the Bolts a solid goaltender to boot.

To Tampa Bay Lightning:

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver Canucks:

Radko Gudas (Right handed defenseman),

Anders Lindback (or Any goalie)

+ Conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I looked at what Tampa had to offer as far as centers go and although Id be more than happy to have Vinny or Stamkos on the team, its not happening lol. So here I've addressed our right handed defenseman problem. He's also young and upcoming. Has only played a handful of games (9) but had 2 points and 9 penalty minutes. I said Anders Lindback but chances are we wont get him but Id be happy with Garon as my backup to Schneids. We need a goalie for a return. Plain and simple. I dont see anything happening otherwise. The conditional picks are there to sweeten the pot. We of course may have to add to our side of this bargain. This is totally open to discussion.

We get our right handed defenseman/prospect as well as a backup goalie with a pick (if Tampa is willing to depart with it), Tampa gets an elite goaltender and gives them a better chance to stay in the game with better teams and Luongo gets to be in Florida, close enough to his family. I dont see us getting a center until the offseason. It just doesnt look like we can get that. With the playoffs fast approaching and teams still battered and bruised, I dont see too many teams ready to give up their depth for what we are looking for.

What do you guys think?

Decent deal, but I'm positive Tampa would be trying to offload contract money on us in return. Luongo's hit isn't too bad, but is tampa in a position to buy out players next year? They're gonna have to if they take on Luongo's extra hit. Malone maybe?

Archived