The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let me get this right...

nitwitt

Mike Gillis is willing to trade one of the Canucks best drafted players in the last 20 years in COHO for a player who "might" be the allusive power forward that we all want but when it comes time to actually retaining a legitimate power forward in Ryan Clowe(ranked 3rd in power forwards 2 years ago by TSN) he won't give the Sharks the asking price... Massive missed opportunity by this absolute "door knob" of a G.M.

I should temper my disgust because he did get Roy who will help massively...ONLY if he centers Kesler(RW) and Burrows(LW). Sedins need to play with Kassian and Kassian better have a fire lit under his ass and play like an animal. The third line would be Raymond, Schroeder and Hansen. Higgins, Max and Wiese completes the forward lines.

As others have said above, MG did all he could and ultimately it was up to Clowe himself. Having Roy in the line-up now gives us options...he can either play alongside Kesler and bolster our 2nd line (which would involve either him or Kesler moving to W) OR he can centre what would be the best 3rd line in the NHL (Higgins-Roy-Hansen)

Archived